• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Land of The Lost on SciFi...

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
The original Land of the Lost is on right now on SciFi!!!

Dude, awesome!!! This show is one that I grew up on, and it scared the hell outta me.

Oh crap!! THE SLEESTAK ARE COMING!! LOOK OUT FOR LULU THE TWO HEADED DINOSAUR!! LOOK OUT HOLLY, MEDUSA IS BEHIND YOU!!!

And don't forget cool Chaka!! GO MARSHALLS!

(And don't lie to me--you KNOW this show scared the hell outta you too!)

I somehow doubt the comedy updated version will be as cool as the original.

Re: Land of The Lost on SciFi...

Yeah, it brings back the memories. I actually worked briefly on the new film, adding a computer generated lighter flame for a sequence with Chaka in the desert.

Dogtown, friggin' sweet! Now I'm definately gonna see the movie when it comes out.

Any cool anecdotes about the production? Or was it just everyday type work for you?

Sounds like you have an awesome job......

Nah, I got temporarily pulled off another film to quickly knock out the flame elements, so I have no idea really about the film in general, nor have I seen much else of it. The really sad part was the shots in the desert dunes had a lot of CG touch-up work done as the film crew and actors were walking all around them during the day, leaving footprints and trails. Two guys spent several works digitally removing them and making the dunes look pristine.

Here's another one I got pulled off to do with another one of the artists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwK4_QpZvtU

It's a PR stunt for "2012" where animation was projected onto a huge water screen in the harbor at Cannes. The job's cool, but I still miss the Army.

I watched a few of the old episodes on the SciFi marathon last night. It sure seemed cool as hell back when I was a kid. The dinosaur at the end of the opening sequence used to scare the living hell out of me. Now, it looks like a Muppet with no throat.

My wife and I watched a few. When I was a kid that was the greatest. Now I was laughing at fow the sets were moving and the bad green screen.

Green screen? Shit son, they were all blue back then and it was optical chroma keying
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Green screen? Shit son, they were all blue back then and it was optical chroma keying
wink.gif
</div></div>

Hey, talk bad about the Chroma-key and my Video Toaster will go 3/4" on your ass.

Yeah teh sleestak used to scare the shit out of me - as did the lizard monster on Star Trek (Original star trek)...

I'll watch it but I hope it's not a slam....someone out there obviously remembered the show to want to create a new one..

I looked up the actors etc - the lil girl never acted again after that....

I caught that show with my 4yr old daughter,she loved it. She still askes to see the show with the dinosaures. If you want a real hoot look for boomerang on cable. They play al the old cartoons we grew up with. Its like reliving my childhood all over again.