• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large Brass price increase for 1x fired USGI

JGrelle

Cpl.
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Oswego, KS
An unfortunate side effect recent DRMO/ Brass Shit Storm is a rather large increase in the price of once fired mil brass. It has gotten high enough to be in the same price range as new Win Brass or once fired match Brass.

Went up aprox $30/Thou for 1x .308 since the recent DRMO/ Brass Shit Storm
at Top Brass.
Looks like I'll look for other sources now, too bad as their prices were recently reasonable IMHO.

http://www.scharch.com/products.php?cat=10

Re: Large Brass price increase for 1x fired USGI

They have reversed the DRMO/Brass decision so hopefully Top Brass will reverse course on their decision as well . I wish I had the Horse trailer full of brass I sold several years ago for about 15-20% of current prices . Hell I didn't even keep enough for myself .

Nuts. USGI MG brass is now selling for what I used to be able to buy surplus LOADED AMMO for.

The times, they are a-changin'.

Just watch. The dollar menus are likely to either go away or get significantly downsized, too.

It will go down, when they see folks are not willing to be Screwed.

That begs the question, are folks going to pay that kind of money for 1x mil brass that, in all likelihood, was shot in a MG or in the case of 223, in a SAW? I wouldnt. But then, I got enough to probably last me the rest of my lifetime....I like to think I was smart and bought it up when it was cheap! :)

John

BTw, just check Jeff Bartletts, and yeah, prices are up! Dang....glad my last big order made it in before the poop hit the fan!

John

I got lucky enough to be able to feed my AR for a while, I've only got about 1500 cases for it that are 1x's but I don't shoot it a whole lot. For what brass costs to get 1x' military I just spent the extra 30 bucks and got new, primed, 30-06 Win cases from Grafs. It's not anywhere near close to my time invested to spend hours tumbling and processing the brass for those prices.

Thankfully I have enough 9, 40, 10mm, and 45 brass to keep me in a lifetime of shooting.

That price increase happened before the D.O.D. situation. I was on there contemplating some more .223 brass. It was 109 for a few days refreshed a& it was up to 119.95.

I passed, since my last order was 104/K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have reversed the DRMO/Brass decision so hopefully Top Brass will reverse course on their decision as well . I wish I had the Horse trailer full of brass I sold several years ago for about 15-20% of current prices . Hell I didn't even keep enough for myself . </div></div>

At least your wife didn't clean the garage while you were gone and throw out over 6k pieces of once fired brass because it was "dirty and taking up too much space". She's since learned of that big mistake with current prices.

Mav,

My wife throws very little away!

She was riffing this morning on her "reloading saves money" comedy routine. Apparently, she is of the belief that reloading is a black hole that money is thrown into in order to "Save Money"!

She is a good woman, my wife. With a good sense of humor. But if she threw my brass away, I think one of us would be incarcerated and the other getting on with her life!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have reversed the DRMO/Brass decision so hopefully Top Brass will reverse course on their decision as well . I wish I had the Horse trailer full of brass I sold several years ago for about 15-20% of current prices . Hell I didn't even keep enough for myself . </div></div>

At least your wife didn't clean the garage while you were gone and throw out over 6k pieces of once fired brass because it was "dirty and taking up too much space". She's since learned of that big mistake with current prices. </div></div>

Ouch!!! I just sold an extra 1K of LC I recently picked up for $60. I tell my friends I have as much fun scrounging brass as I do shooting nowadays.