• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Let's go be privateers off the coast of China

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I mean, thats what the US Naval Institute seems to think...

So my only real question is, who can build a new copy of the Graf Spee? Or are we up for some sneaky Pinguin action?

Last edited:
    I mean, thats what the US Naval Institute seems to think...

So my only real question is, who can build a new copy of the Graf Spee? Or are we up for some sneaky Pinguin action?
    I say let’s start taking donations to buy the Battle wagon New Jersey out of mothballs. All recruits get an eye patch and a cutlass. :)

My only question is are those 16” guns MOA or MIL?

Raise the black sails and I'll take a parrot, and trolling off the back deck for pay.
    Also gona need rum, lots of rum.

Will trade for my electronics repair services on .mil stuff.

Reactions: TACC
    Pirates used to actually be a big problem in the south china sea before the communists took over.
    Getting rid of them by any means necessary was one of the first things they did after consolidating control.

If you think the Chinese will put up with a bunch of independents playing pirate with military ships, you don't understand communists.

Unless you have our actual navy and air force behind you, you will get wiped out in short order. And if our actual navy and air force gets involved, there is a good chance the communists see it as an existential threat and decide to go all in and see where it goes.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the other side is any less dedicated to their own best interest as you are. Don't also think they don't spend just as much time as we do thinking about senarios.

Over the past 20 years we went and invaded some of the poorest, weakest, most backwards place on the planet. China is a whole different ball game, you either beat them at their own game of soft power and pressure, or you decide to be willing to go full on nuclear war.

W54 I don’t think the Navy is gonna sell anyhow. But we get to be fantasy Pirates for awhile.

Buzz Killer ;)

It's a waste of mental energy.

Start learning how to design and run your information systems and who owns what and from where.
    It's not a coincidence that the entire world is basically networked together with computer software systems.
    There is a real ongoing silent but hot war raging in the electronic arena that most have no clue about.

Reactions: Bender
    Pirates used to actually be a big problem in the south china sea before the communists took over.
    Getting rid of them by any means necessary was one of the first things they did after consolidating control.

If you think the Chinese will put up with a bunch of independents playing pirate with military ships, you don't understand communists.

Unless you have our actual navy and air force behind you, you will get wiped out in short order. And if our actual navy and air force gets involved, there is a good chance the communists see it as an existential threat and decide to go all in and see where it goes.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the other side is any less dedicated to their own best interest as you are. Don't also think they don't spend just as much time as we do thinking about senarios.

Over the past 20 years we went and invaded some of the poorest, weakest, most backwards place on the planet. China is a whole different ball game, you either beat them at their own game of soft power and pressure, or you decide to be willing to go full on nuclear war.

I disagree

The right sort of non state ships, with the right sort of men, and the right sort of organization, can do a shitload of damage to china.

It's a waste of mental energy.

Start learning how to design and run your information systems and who owns what and from where.
    It's not a coincidence that the entire world is basically networked together with computer software systems.
    There is a real ongoing silent but hot war raging in the electronic arena that most have no clue about.
    Data cannot hold ground

I say let’s start taking donations to buy the Battle wagon New Jersey out of mothballs. All recruits get an eye patch and a cutlass. :)

My only question is are those 16” guns MOA or MIL?
    Fuck thw Cutlass . You should go with a Chevelle or maybe a Shoe Box Nova .

Reactions: Slash0311
    Oh and maybe we can do like the Iranians and swarm em with Bass Boats ?

Edit. I am personally horrified! Not one Redneck or Swam Dweller wit a pic of a John Boat or Bass Boat equipped witj mounted fire power . DaFuck people ? You're bettwr than this . Live up ta yer effin heritage or take down yer fuckin Christma lights and quit fuckin yer sister .

Last edited:
    I disagree

The right sort of non state ships, with the right sort of men, and the right sort of organization, can do a shitload of damage to china.

You got air assets to protect that ship?
    You got sub surface assets to protect that ship?

The moment you as a non state actor start attacking Chinese assets / shipping / ports on the open seas in any way that actually starts to hurt China, they will throw the assets needed to eliminate you at you. And they'll have the full blessing of the international community.

Also running your own navy is pretty expensive even on a third world country level. Ships are rather expensive to keep at sea.

In addition unless you actually have the support of the US government, you'll find yourself and any fund raising activities on the wrong end of federal law. And the real military and intelligence services don't really like independents going and playing amateur hour.

I'm fairly sure @THEIS could explain to you all about how it's going to go trying to buy, equip, arm and run your own private stateless navy in a hostile way.

Reactions: DROWN
    Or just stop shopping at fucking Walmart (Chinamart) and if enough people do, that shithole of a country will be bankrupted in 6 months.

That is why Trump's trade war with China for as much as the media and rest of the elites and talking heads condemns him for it, is so effective.
    That is playing the game on their level and winning.

It may have something to do with why the Chinese may or may not have seen an opportunity in this current global medical crisis.......

You'll notice all the world bodies suddenly talking about "stopping all the fighting, trade wars, tariffs and such so we can all band together globally to fight the virus"... Who do you think foots the bill for those talking heads and corrupt "world organization types"? The WHO was pretty much just outed as a Chinese puppet group...

Data is what modern war revolves around.
    Even when we are busy fighting the sand people, data and computer / communications technology is what we rely heavily on.

Data doesn't win wars. It's an important part of it. But not the one that decides victory.

The moment you as a non state actor start attacking Chinese assets / shipping / ports on the open seas in any way that actually starts to hurt China, they will throw the assets needed to eliminate you at you. And they'll have the full blessing of the international community.

Also running your own navy is pretty expensive even on a third world country level. Ships are rather expensive to keep at sea.

In addition unless you actually have the support of the US government, you'll find yourself and any fund raising activities on the wrong end of federal law. And the real military and intelligence services don't really like independents going and playing amateur hour.

I'm fairly sure @THEIS could explain to you all about how it's going to go trying to buy, equip, arm and run your own private stateless navy in a hostile way.

Nothing you've said here is relevant. Go find the definition of what a fucking privateer is.

Reactions: Lesch
    a5ed87d873a2b3042af21d9bcaa35d0a.jpg

Nothing you've said here is relevant. Go find the definition of what a fucking privateer is.

Okay then, go ahead and educate me.
    What exactly is your plan for being a privateer?
    targets, specific objectives, hardware, capabilities, plans.

Because to be an actual legal "Privateer" means you have to get your government to agree to allow it, which then makes it essentially a defacto declaration of hostilities against the other state.

Then explain to me exactly how you think the Chinese won't respond to it with enough force to crush you unless the real military is actually backing you up, in which case it becomes game on.

A few little blackwater outfits shooting up the natives in desert world is a whole lot different than deciding to play against a relatively well armed nuclear power with a permanent seat on the UN security council.

Reactions: DROWN
    That is why Trump's trade war with China for as much as the media and rest of the elites and talking heads condemns him for it, is so effective.
    That is playing the game on their level and winning.

It may have something to do with why the Chinese may or may not have seen an opportunity in this current global medical crisis.......

You'll notice all the world bodies suddenly talking about "stopping all the fighting, trade wars, tariffs and such so we can all band together globally to fight the virus"... Who do you think foots the bill for those talking heads and corrupt "world organization types"? The WHO was pretty much just outed as a Chinese puppet group...
    I agree wholeheartedly about the tradewar and further with buying made in the USA .
    Cut off the money and sink their Navy , ground their Aiforce and hobble their soldiers .
    Militaries run on money period .

I agree wholeheartedly about the tradewar and further with buying made in the USA .
    Cut off the money and sink their Navy , ground their Aiforce and hobble their soldiers .
    Militaries run on money period .

No need to take any direct hostile actions against their Navy, Airforce or Army.

A full on trade embargo that says no Chinese products may enter the USA and no USA products may be sold to China as well as Iranian level banking restrictions on all travel to / from China and banking / money to / from China would take care of just about all of it over the space of a few years.

BUT it's not going to happen until we have a full reset in this country as the country is owned and run by the Elites who are all about the money they make from dealing with the Chinese. Those same Elites are the ones who have most of the Democrats and a good amount of the Republican politicians in their pockets.

Until we get our house in order ourselves, what's the point. We are directly funding the Chinese expanding their influence and footprint across the globe & most in America have no clue how much influence China is buying all around the world centered on where they need raw materials, supplies, foodstuffs and ports / roads.

Most also have no real idea of how much the governments all over the rest of the world are somewhat in the Chinese pocket or don't want to rock the boat because they need the money. Not just places like Africa and the middle east either. Places like Australia are quietly finding all their prime national assets bought up by the Chinese.

Easy Peasy guys. Everyone knows you are hungry an hour after eating Chinese food. So each hour when they sit down for bat testicles and monkey lips, we Strike like a one eyed viper (eye patch) :).

So we attack at Dinner time every hour. Arrrrg

No need to take any direct hostile actions against their Navy, Airforce or Army.

A full on trade embargo that says no Chinese products may enter the USA and no USA products may be sold to China as well as Iranian level banking restrictions on all travel to / from China and banking / money to / from China would take care of just about all of it over the space of a few years.

BUT it's not going to happen until we have a full reset in this country as the country is owned and run by the Elites who are all about the money they make from dealing with the Chinese. Those same Elites are the ones who have most of the Democrats and a good amount of the Republican politicians in their pockets.

Until we get our house in order ourselves, what's the point. We are directly funding the Chinese expanding their influence and footprint across the globe & most in America have no clue how much influence China is buying all around the world centered on where they need raw materials, supplies, foodstuffs and ports / roads.

Most also have no real idea of how much the governments all over the rest of the world are somewhat in the Chinese pocket or don't want to rock the boat because they need the money. Not just places like Africa and the middle east either. Places like Australia are quietly finding all their prime national assets bought up by the Chinese.
    That is what I'm saying . The Trade War and buying made in the USA will detroy their military . Without our consumer monies they cannot support their military .

Edit. I am personally horrified! Not one Redneck or Swam Dweller wit a pic of a John Boat or Bass Boat equipped witj mounted fire power . DaFuck people ? You're bettwr than this . Live up ta yer effin heritage or take down yer fuckin Christma lights and quit fuckin yer sister .

Once I get my stimulus ....... jet John or nothin!

I am seriously considering being a pussy and reporting you guys for trying to bring geo-political logic and reasoning into a thread that is supposed to be about fuckery! :)

You probably drink from the milk carton too. ;)

We fuck China’s Trade they get pissed it’s war either way.

Reactions: 6/250/40 and TACC
    Somewhat serious pirate question. I once read somewhere that real pirates would fly different color flags. Best I can recall, black was a general "here we come" flag while red was a "kill everything alive" flag. Seemed green was something too.

Anyone know about this?

But, yet, Somalia (not exactly a world power with a wealth of air assets) seems to do so well at this. Hmmm.

Send in the Cajun Navy
    Choot em

Reactions: tomcatmv
    So after some thought, I could really see how you could pull this off with the right kind of raider. Forget battleships and big guns and shit, we need a modern Pinguin.

Main thing would be how to avoid being tracked in that, we'd need to constantly change the look, and have some ties to being able to constantly update/change our electronic shipping IDs. Cruise around shipping lanes with some valid cargo/manifest and wait until the perfect opportunity of a single loan Chinese cargo ship is out there with us, outside of the range of any assets that would come to help. I'm sure theres data on what the best routes and best areas on a route to hope to encounter one are.

See also; minelayer.

Set it on fire or sink it, break off to one of our friendly ports, change everything up, hang out a bit and then go at it again.

Reactions: TACC and Soulezoo
    Let's hang out in Taiwan. Taiwan can be fun.

I'm betting Taiwan wouldn't be a port we could go. While they would love us, they dont want to provoke since what we're doing is kind of an indirect/once removed kind of thing.

Plus its way too close. We want stragglers to harass.

I'm betting Taiwan wouldn't be a port we could go. While they would love us, they dont want to provoke since what we're doing is kind of an indirect/once removed kind of thing.
    That's exactly why I want there. Let's live--or create-- interesting times.

Fascinating concept, and brilliant.

Most large ships have GPS tracking and often share locations to reduce accidents at sea.

Sites like the following show vessels, speed, ports, etc which would help target vessels.

Sure, sharing would get turned off eventually, but then other accidents would increase.

If privateers took pages from the drug smuggler books, lots of fast quasi-submarines could provide a fast launch fleet, hard to detect and harder to chase. Gorilla warfare on the high seas! Boarding parties, peg legs, bowling ball cannons and drone swarms strapped with C4!

Hillbilly creativity meets captain Jack Sparrow: unlimited potential. What is not to love?