• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ArmaHeavy

General of the Army
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
New season is coming soon.

It's about a sheriff in Wyoming, dealing on the job with not only people, but sometimes critters as well, as well as the western environment.

I'm understating the show. It's a great one. Go watch it. It's on the A&E channel.

***UPDATE!***

NEW! Episode titled "Unquiet Wind" appears on May 27 at 10 p.m.

NEW! Episode titled "Carcasses" appears June the 3rd at 10 p.m.

Last edited:
I second that. Excellent show. Sheriff still carries a Model 94. Best Quote so far: "And remember when he comes for you, Im only a phone call and a 20 minute ride away...."

Love it

Ryan

Watched a few episodes. Somebody still has to explain firearms stuff to scriptwriters, like .45-70 really being available in modern firearms, and not just trapdoor action antiques.

Great show, easily one of my favorites. The writing is solid, the characters are really strong, and it's not like a lot of the bullshit you see about pregnant unwed mothers. Check it out on AMC if you haven't seen it.

Solid show, one of the few that both my wife & I enjoy. Beautiful scenery, gritty characters. Good stuff!

An update to this thread...

There are books out, probably came out before the show most likely. Look for the Walt Longmire Mysteries by Craig Johnson.

A sneak peak into the new season is expected this Memorial Day.

More on a time and date when I hear about it, as with any info about the show.

Watched a few episodes. Somebody still has to explain firearms stuff to scriptwriters, like .45-70 really being available in modern firearms, and not just trapdoor action antiques.

I agreee.
If I remember that episode correctly, I think it was a "45-70 magnum".

Really an excellent show, it's nice to not constantly see formulaic tv
I'm not a big western fan, stared watching cause of "Starbuck" stayed for the awesome script.

I agreee.
If I remember that episode correctly, I think it was a "45-70 magnum".

That was also the episode where it was said that the .45-70 was a sniper's weapon, and that they were either cowards or professionals. That didn't set all too well with me.

I think they have to use guns like that, the show would loose a lot of it's 'western' feel if Longmeyer was packing an M4.

Really an excellent show, it's nice to not constantly see formulaic tv
I'm not a big western fan, stared watching cause of "Starbuck" stayed for the awesome script.

+1

I think they have to use guns like that, the show would loose a lot of it's 'western' feel if Longmeyer was packing an M4.

I'm not taking issue with the fact that he runs around with a lever-action rifle in any caliber. It was the plot detail of one of the shows in which it was very carefully explained that the .45-70 was strictly an antique rifle chambering. They could have found a way to have featured the caliber without distorting the truth, although the resolution of one of the scenes depended very heavily on the five second trapdoor reloading process.

WOW, thought Wyoming was sleepy & quiet time . I would be thinking twice before I move to that area of Wyoming now. Pretty dangerous with a murder or two going on every week, E, coast Mob, drug traffic & the Reservation violence in around town . ... HAHAHaaLOL

Just finished S1 1st 5 episodes . Is pretty good with fair writing also . Is not award winning but is better than the average TV series I have seen past few years . It's a good watch & doesn't seem to get to Hookie yet on the story line .
PLUS they brought back 'Starbuck ' Katee Sackhoff for a local town LE part in the series & that is a SOoooo GOooooD .

An update to this...

There is currently a Longmire marathon going on right now until 4 a.m. tomorrow, on the A&E channel. Another mini-marathon picks up at Noon tomorrow. SO if you have nothing to do then you can get started, or caught up with most of the Season 1 episodes.

NEW! Episode titled "Unquiet Wind" appears on May 27 at 10 p.m.

NEW! Episode titled "Carcasses" appears June the 3rd at 10 p.m.

Watched a few episodes during this marathon and I just can't get into it. It's not bad but it just doesn't keep my interest. I may watch a few more before I make a call on it.

The first season showed up on Netflix a while ago. I just watched the first episode because of this thread.

Not bad.

Caught a few episodes today. Good stuff. A lot better than 99% of the other shit on t.v.

Watched a few episodes during this marathon and I just can't get into it. It's not bad but it just doesn't keep my interest. I may watch a few more before I make a call on it.

No worries. I was the same way. It takes some getting use to, at first.

I started looking at the characters, their stories, the main story and the scenery that comes with every show. If anything it feels like a western sometimes.

No harm, No foul.

Last edited:
Watched a few of the first season but lost interest. I like the characters, a modern day western. The new season premier episode I was amp'd for the wilderness man hunt but was completely let down. I know its Hollywoodland and most times I can look past their writing and directing errors to enjoy the entertainment but I guess I wanted too much. But it is much better than 99% of everything else on TV but I still prefer to watch and enjoy classic movies from the 30s up to early 60s.

I'm still a fan of the show, but it has definitely taken a "darker" turn this season so far. Last night's episode was downright depressing at the conclusion. Hope it will lighten up a bit...

I like it, I'm basically just watching it to see how long it takes before he starts nailing His deputy Vic .

If you have read any of the books you will know what I'm talking about

I like it, I'm basically just watching it to see how long it takes before he starts nailing His deputy Vic .

Hell, do you blame him? I'd hit it...

I'm digging the fact that I Know & have visited all the places that they talk about. It blows that that's not where it was actually filmed though. I watch the show every chance I get, seen'em all except the last one 6/4.

t

What I want to know is did the Daughter walk to Colo? there sure is alot of mail so she had to have walked there.