• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Looking for a scope

BBURCH

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
South Caroilna
I just bought a 5R 308 and I haven't decided on what scope to put on it yet. I am looking for something that will serve me for both hunting and target shooting.

Any thoughts

Re: Looking for a scope

Distance you plan to shoot/hunt? Budget? Is weight a concern?

Distance, I would like to be able to run out to 500 if I need to but mostly 300 or less,
Price, Im not trying to break the bank but I am looking for a good scope so anything that is reasonable.
The weight isnt a big deal at the range it is in a bag and for hunting I ride the 4wheeler out and only walk about 50yds to the stand so not to worried about weight

I also may have a shot that would be at 600-700 yds and would like to feel confident with that range as well

If all you will do is shoot under 700 yards it will not be hard to find a decent scope. Do you want a first focal plane or second? Mil or MOA based scope?