• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

M1A Scout Squad maximum range??

rbaker2081

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
New to the forums and probably thinken this question has been asked but. What is the maximum range on the M1A scout squad, is there a big difference between the scout and standard M1A?? About to buy one and cant make up my mind.

Re: M1A Scout Squad maximum range??

Define what you want to hit, and what percentage of first-round hits you want, and what percentage of total hits per 5 rounds sent downrange, and what sighting system you intend to use, and what MOA 5-round group extreme spread you anticipate you, the rifle and the ammo be be capable of, and then maybe someone would have a ghost of a chance of giving you an intelligent answer.

A good lesson to being more accurate with an M1A is discipline. If you are new to precision shooting I highly recommend loading only one round in your mags to make them count more.

If you are planning on shooting at man sized silhouettes then I wouldn't expect to go past 700 yds with a scout. I do not own a standard or a scout im just passing on info that I have seen before.

In capable hands the 18.0" Springfield Scout barrel is good to around 800 yards.

Thanks guys, I have been around rifles and assault rifles for a while so not new to the game. Had a Rock River AR15 and sold to my dad for the money few years ago. Time to get back in it and plan on shooting between 500-1000. Just wanted some good opions cause I really like the scout squad. Still dont know which one yet??

I was in your same position 2 years ago. I went with the scout, took me 3 months of going back and forth to the gun store. I am extremely happy with the scout. Shoots great, had a extractor issue that was common with SA M1A's but that was an easy fix.