• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40a1 build guide

Re: M40a1 build guide

Ah, those are junk. PM me for addrees to send all three boxes to and I'll dispose of them for you... you pay shipping and disposal fee.

Hey everyone, have the bases back from Teflon coating, here are some pics,
264167598.jpg

264167606.jpg

264167624.jpg

John III

BDL Box magazine, which one?

I took the one out of my .243 Rem. 700 but it appears to be too short in height (about ¼”) I seem to remember something about there being a taller one available. I looked through the Brownells catalogue and they show three different ones for the 700 BDL S.A. I called Remington, but they were not much help. Anyone have any idea which one I need?

Michael

ADL not BDL. And you need to make the bottom square (look at it, one side is longer than the other). Make them both the same size and you will be ok.
Chad

I do not have one for this build, I am trying to find the right one, are you sure it is ADL (those have a little tab for a screw). Does anyone have a closeup picture of the magazine and the welding?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigugly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have one for this build, I am trying to find the right one, are you sure it is ADL (those have a little tab for a screw). Does anyone have a closeup picture of the magazine and the welding? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BDL Mag boxes were used and tack welded to the receiver.

Picture3.png

</div></div>

J.
You got me on that one. Good Call!!! If you use the ADL boxes (with the tab) you need to cut them down a bit.
Sorry with that, I can say I was wrong.
chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308 Newb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigugly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have one for this build, I am trying to find the right one, are you sure it is ADL (those have a little tab for a screw). Does anyone have a closeup picture of the magazine and the welding? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BDL Mag boxes were used and tack welded to the receiver.

Picture3.png

</div></div> </div></div>

I saw this photo, but I was hoping to see the weld on the back and weather or not it had a tab. It also appears that the seam was welded in this shot?

[/quote]
I saw this photo, but I was hoping to see the weld on the back and weather or not it had a tab. It also appears that the seam was welded in this shot? [/quote]

Oooooh, my bad
wink.gif

Julian

m40001ru2.jpg

m40002wm3.jpg

Does any one have some pictures of the bedding into the stock showing the hight of the action above the stock?
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptamony</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does any one have some pictures of the bedding into the stock showing the hight of the action above the stock?
Paul </div></div>

Huh?
confused.gif

Are you wanting pics of the action in the stock to see how high it sits? Or actual pics of the bedding?

Julian

Hi Julian
What I need is to see the action in the stock showing the height above the stock and the position of the trigger. The reason is I am fitting my action to an original Macmillan stock with the winchester trigger guard and the trigger mech. seems to long if the action is fitted correctly to the stock. So any pictures would help also is there some modification to the trigger assembly?
Paul

Ptamony,

There is a modification to the trigger. If you look at the post above where I took the pic of the magwell you can see the section that has to be milled out. Let me know if you still need pics.

Julian

a1triggercut1tw8.gif

Hi Julian
Thanks for the picture could you send me one of the action in the stock side on to show how much room there is between the trigger and the trigger guard and the hight of the action in the stock please.
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptamony</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Julian
Thanks for the picture could you send me one of the action in the stock side on to show how much room there is between the trigger and the trigger guard and the hight of the action in the stock please.
Paul </div></div>

1001268an4.jpg

1001267kh5.jpg

Hi Julian
Thanks for the pictures, how much room is there between the trigger and the guard?
Paul

Hi Julian
Thanks again yes I think this anserws my question, not much room.
Paul

Hi bonjour,
I'm a french cop and i'm building a M40A1 Replica rifle, could you tell me if this type (profil) of barrel is correct for this rifle ? This is a LOTHAR WALTHER Contour #2300: Bench Rest Light Varmint

ØD1 = 0.902"
ØD2 = 1.200"
L1 = 4.0"
L2 = 26" or 28

Thank you very much !
Merci beaucoup !
Hugues

Thank you, the Rock Creek is not available in France. The Lothar Walther barrel come in 26" or 28" so i take a 26" and my gunsmith cut the muzzle of the barrel to 24" from the front of the trued recoil lug, so that's right ?
Could you tell me what is the correct sling for M40A1 and where i can buy it ?
merci
Hugues

Thank you for your help !
One more question: could you tell me if the turner sling have the MRT mark or no ?
Merci
Hugues

Bonjour,
Could you tell me what type of floorplate with the push button FP release( Mod 70 )i can buying, because the new williams model is now building without push button FP release ?
What sort of modification is necessary to fit a factory winchester 70 floorplate (short action ?) in a Mc millan HTG stock ?
tHank you
Merci

Yeah..but he lives in ''FRANCE''...He's gonna have to find the french version of George (GAP) to do it....LoL....maybee George can sell him a pre-fit one...TRY GAP FIRST.

Or the 2nd. best thing to do is see if you can find the bottom metal in FRANCE. or you may wanna try E-gay if they are willing to ship overthere. But you will still have ta fit everything.

try here....this should b a good one.

Or...you can retrfit a Badger system on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hugues</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bonjour,
Could you tell me what type of floorplate with the push button FP release( Mod 70 )i can buying, because the new williams model is now building without push button FP release ?
What sort of modification is necessary to fit a factory winchester 70 floorplate (short action ?) in a Mc millan HTG stock ?
tHank you
Merci </div></div>

You might try George at GAPrecision. They had some. I thought that Williams still made some of the old style. Guess I was wrong.
http://www.gaprecision.net/
</div></div>

We still make the trigger guards that can be modified for the M40-A1 by milling off the end and placing the new, smaller front guard screw in place.
Here's the link to our online catalog.
M70 Trigger Guard

I've been kicking around the idea of going ahead and making these up for the M40-A1 already modified if there was much of a market for it. We made them about 12 years ago for McMillan before Dick Davis had went to work for Lazzeroni, but since his return, and during the interim period we haven't made anymore.

If you guys are interested in this, let me know.

Perhaps if some of you guys wanted to do a group buy.....I could cut ya a good deal and run some out. As long as they were all the same finish, we could make them pretty reasonable.

I would imagine doing them in-the-white would be the preference, but a matte blued would be pretty easy too.

For those not familiar with our in-the-white finish; you'll be hard pressed to find anything out there that requires less work to get it ready for blueing, coating or painting. If you wanted a matted blued finish.....you'd simply just bead blast it and drop it in the tanks. Same goes for the paint or coating option.

If Dick Davis is reading this; I plan on giving you a call next week about these. We can also run out the floorplates if necessary too.

Good part is.....We know a thing or two about building Winchester bottom metal.
wink.gif

Thank you for your help !
ZOMBIE101 I contact Midwest Gun Works on E bay but he refuse shipment to France, and this part need to be modified...
triggerguard1 I'm very interested by this part, could you tell me if the M70 Floorplate & Hinge Assembly Long-Action could be modified to match the short action M40A1 ?

Thank you very much !
Merci beaucoup !

Matt,
PM sent, interested in it as well.
Chad

Hi
Could you tell me what are the sizes of the Stamps used for the markings in the bolt handles and for the others : RTE-P U.S.

Thank you Merci !!!
Hugues

Hi
Could you tell me if the base mount UNERLT type is serialized by the marines ?
Could you tell me what are the sizes of the Stamps used for the markings in the bolt handles and for the others : RTE-P U.S.

Thank you Merci !!!
Hugues

BTW I have about 20-25 Winchester SS Trigger bows (new Williams) if any one needs one for their build. Will require the floor plate to finish/mod etc.

Figure $30 shipped USPS in CONUS.

John B

Hi
What is the correct size of the sling (TURNER) for the M40A1 ?
50, 52, 54 ' i'm 1 M 77 (HEIGHT)
I'm always looking for a complete floorplate and triggerguard Type winchester 70 to build my M40A1 Replica.
Thank you
Hugues

HA HA guess what I scored... Remington 700 Serial number 221XXX same year and serial number starts as the orginal M40 sniper rilfes!!!!!! It's going to look great in the M40A1 mcmillan sniperstocks. It is not forsale.

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HA HA guess what I scored... Remington 700 Serial number 221XXX same year and serial number starts as the orginal M40 sniper rilfes!!!!!! It's going to look great in the M40A1 mcmillan sniperstocks. It is not forsale.

David </div></div>

Congrats, cant wait to see it!

Julian

I receive my Williams bottom !
This is a perfect product
Thank you very much to TACTICALSTOCKS for this deal !!!

Hugues

This is a part ready to fit when you order a Mac millan stock where you specified the type of bottom metal.
Could you tell me what are the sizes of the Stamps used for the markings in the bolt handles and for the others : RTE-P and for the U.S. mark

Thank you Merci !!!
Hugues

Ignorance on display here. If I was rooting around through a box of parts looking for a box mag for a build, how would I tell the difference between an ADL and a BDL? And I'm looking for the BDL, right? What else do I need to know?
Thanks