• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

Remington thread but it needs 10thou taken off the end of the standard rem barrel. Probably. Because of the thicker bolt lugs (I may have that right)

Anyone complete a preorder?/backorder. I tried to just now and it won't go through. Says shipping options. I'll try to call again tomorrow , busy shop tough to get anyone

So, ( just thinking out loud here ) can the .010" be taken off the front ring of the bolt so that you don't have to rework every Remage Barrel during a change out ? A lot simpler to chuck the bolt in the lathe and cut that ring one time than to have to do more lathe work on every barrel that gets swapped in.
I understand that you can order the barrel that way, but if you're looking for "on the shelf" that turns it into a custom order with lead times.

I suppose that is possible? Again I rjz5400 am just a guy, and in fact have never even replaced a barrel.

Wouldn't that affect lockup? Or is it the back of the lugs that it pushes against and the fronts aren't meant to touch anything.

Honestly I don't see why they aren't just rem spec length, what's the advantage to the oversize lugs?

One advantage would be strength, specifically right around the bolt face. More meat = more strength. Also, I’m sure it is a liability thing that the Mack Boys have though long and hard about. Taking away the ability of an end user to just replace a Remington bolt with their bolt as a drop in part (which we know they are not) keeps the user from assuming that their rifle is in headspace (assuming they don’t check HS) and firing a cartridge that could in fact be drastically out of HS and really hurting themselves or others around them. I hope that makes sense. Liability is HUGE in our little would of firearms.

That makes sense for the replacement bolts but couldn't the overall setback of the lugs to the face of the action be offset so that remage barrels could headspace AND not touch the bolt?

I mean so the bolt in the EVO action works with remage barrels. It would be the same bolt as the replacement one.

So, if I am understanding, a standard Remage (I understand this pic is of a shouldered barrel) needs to be shortened along #5 because the face of the barrel chamber #4 is touching the bolt face or lugs?

1593030939078.png

Reactions: spife7980
Yes that is also what I understand. I'm bringing it to the smiths with my action once it arrives to check for contact. I'm not too worried about it as I was going to have my barrel threaded anyway and the price is very reasonable for the additional cut.

If that's the case, that face is gonna see some grinder and dremel work to knock the Remage prefits shorter on more than one build...

Not that I am recommending that version of bubbasmithing.

For 15$ my guy talked me into it. I mean you could take off 10 though with a file in not long though.

Didn't seem worth it even on a "cheap " $350 barrel just a lot of heat, chips, and uneven stress on a brand new barrel doing it on a grinder

Reactions: hereinaz
For 15$ my guy talked me into it. I mean you could take off 10 though with a file in not long though.

Didn't seem worth it even on a "cheap " $350 barrel just a lot of heat, chips, and uneven stress on a brand new barrel doing it on a grinder

He could cut the threads on the muzzle end with the lathe and use a file on the end sticking out, and save the hassle of chucking it twice. For $15 bucks I bet that is all he does, lol.

Reactions: rjz5400
Anybody know if .223 bolt face is in their future plans?

He could cut the threads on the muzzle end with the lathe and use a file on the end sticking out, and save the hassle of chucking it twice. For $15 bucks I bet that is all he does, lol.

I'll be in there doing it for learning purposes with him, cool guy on text. It's just a side hobby for him anyway.

Might not need it, I'm taking everything down there once it is available

Reactions: hereinaz
I just saw the webpage for the EVO SS action is gone. I hope this doesn't mean they cancelled it cause I was going to buy one.

I'm strongly hoping they pulled that to replace it with the actual for sale page. It was up this morning so I'd give it a day or so .... Ooooo exciting

Reactions: Secant
Anyone know about figment in a KRG Bravo? I assume this has trigger hangars and I don’t don’t want to heavily modify a chassis. Is it the same geometry as the titanium version?

From their IG

Attachments

• C408C1AF-4F0B-4054-8192-F9FED884F9F1.png
    C408C1AF-4F0B-4054-8192-F9FED884F9F1.png
    676.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 4EBB55A7-4F89-4C81-B516-8911463DAE98.png
    4EBB55A7-4F89-4C81-B516-8911463DAE98.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 178
  • C7503AD8-BFAA-46D1-BA49-C8DFB0433A36.png
    C7503AD8-BFAA-46D1-BA49-C8DFB0433A36.png
    501.7 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: Buck300
Dang, and yes. Dale told me they were the same, trigger hanger designed around the TT because it's so popular but should work with any clone trigger.

Ask me in a week or two mines going in a bravo

Reactions: 199 398 500 A
1 magnum boltface left. Too slow. Can’t wait to see everyone’s thoughts once they’re in hand

Is the main draw to these only price? If they were $850 (same as an Origin) would they be as interesting?

Just wondering what the niche is if any other than the very attractive price. Thanks all

didn't see yesterday's "now available" email until this morning, placed and order this morning [#21000; backordered] for a standard bolt face; it appears to have taken my credit card info, so looks like I'm in the queue for the next go round.

Are there any prefit barrels available for these or titanium version?

It takes a remage barrel but with a .015 " shorter barrel stub.

Standard r700 threads, bolt pattern, and ring pattern under the rail

It takes a remage barrel but with a .015 " shorter barrel stub.

Standard r700 threads, bolt pattern, and ring pattern under the rail
Does the shorter barrel stub mean you need a custom remage barrel? or will a standard remage prefit work properly?

Yes, no.

I went with a criterion when I thought they'd be out a month ago, I'll have mine skimmed down when I get it threaded locally. Northland at least knows about it and criterion will make one preskimmed but then you have to wait.

Is the 0.015" cut from one of there actions or from the bolt in a standard 700 action and the reason I bought one is because it is my first custom rifle and for the features it has it looks like a great deal. I almost bought the ARC 4th sale but the weight of the rifle was more then I wanted right know. the only down side I can see is not going with the savage threads.

Does the shorter barrel stub mean you need a custom remage barrel? or will a standard remage prefit work properly?
Look at the pic in post 155 above, my understanding is the area #4 in the pic on the barrel is too long on a standard Remage. Just need to cut back a standard remage barrel, or it appears Criterion will do it for you. It doesn't affect the chamber or anything to cut it back.

Thank you just wanted to make sure. I was planning on getting my barrel from Northern so I'll let them know.

A few months back I talked them into sending a remage for test fit and Mack Bros confirmed the clearance issue with the bolt lugs hitting the barrel right at headspace depth.

Once mine comes in I'll be sure to share my experience with getting it turned and headspaced

OK, Based on this message from Mack Bros, can you take 0.015" off of the front face of the lugs in the lathe and be free to Remage to your heart's content ?

I would just do the barrels, as lazy as I am it makes little sense to mess with the action.

You could trim the lugs back but you would remove the nitride coating so it won't be worth it. you would be better off reducing the depth of the counter bore on the barrel or removing it all together. As you would still be able to use the barrel on another action.

Still waiting for mine to show up and haven't decided on which barrel manufacture to go with yet. I would spin the barrel up myself but I don't work as a tool maker anymore so I will be going prefit. Plus I really want to check out the quality of the action.