• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

I’ve got several Titanium EVO’s and I cannot say enough good things about them! I’ve got 2 SS EVO’s in the safe for future builds. The Mack boys have a great thing going on. My personal action of choice! I cannot wait for a long action!! Here are a few pics of my daughters 6.5 creed on a titanium Evo.

Attachments

• 0DEB0837-243B-4AA3-9DBE-627BB1E79440.jpeg
    0DEB0837-243B-4AA3-9DBE-627BB1E79440.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 140
  • E48F2C0A-B680-478F-A1EF-F63BA1D6B481.jpeg
    E48F2C0A-B680-478F-A1EF-F63BA1D6B481.jpeg
    880.9 KB · Views: 145
I heard a rumor that they're supposed to be releasing a long action soon. I'm waiting on a couple more parts and my EVO SA stainless will be completed. Cant wait to post up some pics. The action feels amazing, hopefully its a shooter as well

All of the rifles that I have built on the EVO have been damn good shooters. A couple 6.5 PRC’s (4), 6.5 creed, 7mm-08, and a 7 WSM. I’m really looking forward to building on these SS actions. Seriously, the Mack’s EVO actions are legit!

Reactions: FredIII
I heard a rumor that they're supposed to be releasing a long action soon. I'm waiting on a couple more parts and my EVO SA stainless will be completed. Cant wait to post up some pics. The action feels amazing, hopefully its a shooter as well

Yep I believe the long action is in the works.... when’s the last time Their Short Actions have been in stock though??? Last I saw was July of 2020

I handled one these at DST and was shocked at how smooth it was considering the price. Had i handled it before then the 6cm we built for the GF would've on the EVO. After coating/fluting my T3 was like $850 for the action alone. Granted with LRI's bolt it is gorgeous, but still.

i purchased one recently and had Deep South Tatical attach it to Shilen barrel for a 6.5 Sherman Super Short, (super impressed with their work BTW) haven't gotten into a chassis yet, but really impressed. Beautiful finish, smooth as glass just working it. I've got 3 Impacts 737's and don't know as i'll see a drop off with this EVO action. Only drawback, no ready made spin on barrels like Impact has.
Try a Criterion Remage barrel. I've had very good luck with one, good enough to order two more.

I almost bought the EVO-TI. Was getting a TI action and really liked the scallop at the rear of ejection port. I wanted a 60 degree or 75 degree bolt throw, so I went with the Mesa Summit TI; plus they were in stock.
If i like the TI action, I will build another on the EVO.

First time I saw the EVO TI it was in bronze cerakote with a CF barrel shown the the Manners 2021 advertisement for the new TCS stock. They got me! Lots of inspiration from those images. Picked up a new Manners too….found in stock.

FYI, Nosler is dropping press releases on their new Model 21 rifle lineup…built on evo SS actions to include 223 bolt face short actions and long actions in 473 and magnum. The bolts are fluted with a wrought iron twist. Their website FAQ is outdated…At least this is promising news that these will be soon be made in those configurations. I imagine Mac will sell as many as they can produce.

Reactions: duramaxed
The Nosler M21 is a modified SS EVO, the only real changes were the added facets on each side, elongated ejection port and mag box assemblies, different bolt handle, different shroud, and added a bump out on the bolt stop for ease on the bolt release. A Wyatt’s extended mag box is used on both the long and short action builds. Also the action is offered with 2 piece picitany bases instead of the 1 solid rail. Talley make 1 piece light weight aluminum rings for the 21 and Leupold and Warne will be offering different base options.

Those are slick looking rifles.

Sure wish Mack Bros would pump some of their own stuff out though

Reactions: Secant
RemCustom6, seems like you have some good intel…any tidbits on action availability? My hope is that over-run from Nosler production would help to steady the stream.

I’ve got a close up view of the in’s and outs of the Nosler/Mack relationship. I can tell you that Nosler actions will not be available for purchase by themselves. The rifles will MSRP for 2495.00, so you could find a dealer/distributor selling them for a little less. It’s a kick ass bang for your buck build. Premium action, trigger tech, Shilen, McMillan stock, Wyatt’s extended mag box…… Purely a legit build in all honesty.

Reactions: duramaxed
The listing prices on the m21s are impressive. Anywhere to buy an m21 bolt handle since the normal ones look great and the nosler ones look like absolute ass?

The bolt handle is threaded 5/16-24, a pretty standard pitch in today’s custom action world.

Can anyone tell me the max cartridge length that can be run in the Evo?
I freaking hate sub 3" short actions which is why I've been using tikkas

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
The M21 (EVO) that the Mack’s are making for Nosler utilizes a Wyatt’s extended mag box assembly on both the long and short actions. The internal box dimension on the short action is 3.000”, so you could load to 2.950” easily. The long action box is 3.715”.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
The M21 (EVO) that the Mack’s are making for Nosler utilizes a Wyatt’s extended mag box assembly on both the long and short actions. The internal box dimension on the short action is 3.000”, so you could load to 2.950” easily. The long action box is 3.715”.
I wonder if the long actions can be modded to take a 3.815 box? That's kind of the standard long action mag box these days.

Are these mac bros actions aw cut? They look to be comparing the bighorn aw cut(left side, right is sr3 aics cut) vs the photo of the Mac bros. Anyone try aw in one?

Screenshot_20211020-153644_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20211020-153044_Chrome.jpg

Talked with Mac bros today, they're estimated to have more the Evo ss standard bolts available early Dec. The long actions as well as the new bdl format in q1 of 2022. They've added more machinery to make an attempt to have these actions on the shelf. Hopefully a left hand is coming for the south paws out there.

I asked them if I could run a wyatts center feed box with the Evo and he said no due to their being no feed lips. I don't think he knew the center feed boxes are designed for lip-less actions as they integrated in the box. Dude said their actions will run AW mags, but mag height is very sensitive for proper feeding and recommended they used in a chassis with adj mag catch only.

I have 2 on order, a standard and magnum boltface.

Last edited:
I asked them if I could run a wyatts center feed box with the Evo and he said no due to their being no feed lips. I don't think he knew the center feed boxes are designed for lip-less actions as they integrated in the box.
That's concerning..
I'm always leary of guys in this industry who don't know the basics.
I was looking into Tikka prefit barrels from Criterion and asked the guy If they offered shouldered prefits.
His response was " no freaking way, their tolerances are all over the place"
Next

I feel a 6mmPRC in my future o_O
I am wanting to do a 6mm Sherman short tactical on the magnum Evo ss I have on order. May just go 6cm for barrel life, but there may not be much a difference to justify the 200fps speed difference from a shorter barrel.

Reactions: Redvanes
That's concerning..
I'm always leary of guys in this industry who don't know the basics.
I was looking into Tikka prefit barrels from Criterion and asked the guy If they offered shouldered prefits.
His response was " no freaking way, their tolerances are all over the place"
Next
I understand that some guys are strictly in the manufacturing side and know what the action was specifically designed for. They haven't built on them in house to test different configurations to see what works when thinking outside the box. I can't fault him, but you'd think they'd experiment a bit to broaden their market for additional configurations. Everyone likes options!

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
I have been quite impressed with my Evo SS. I would say it runs better than some higher priced actions. I can't wait to pick up one of their long actions...

The Nosler M21’s “Mack Broz modified EVO” that they are making, both long and short BDL versions are smooth as glass!! I have had the pleasure of using them in the field and am completely impressed. I have zero doubt that the EVO long action will be 100% as legit!

i absolutely hate bolt action guns with a magazine. i have a few, but rarely shoot them....not sure why, but geez...hate it
I used to......now that I shoot prs to hone my skills, it's a way of life. In lighter hunting/carry gun applications, I still prefer a bdl or the new M5 bdl from Hawkins utilizing center feed boxes. I don't like utilizing the action lips to feed off of. I prefer one angle straight up into the chamber, not up plus left or right. Kinda why I've never gone to DSDF mags like the ai aw.

Reactions: GSRswapandslow
Finally got my manners stock in, put the rifle together and tested the first 5 shots with the smith who put it together. Performed awesome, just a little heavier than I thought it would come out to. I suppose that means time to build another and move the razor over and put a lighter optic on this rifle. I did want to note after the first few shots the base that came with it loosened up a bit. May be worth using some blue Loctite and re-torque them before you go out and use it.
20211109_135932_clean.jpg