• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PR1/SPR SoCal April 2012 dates Announced

socalsheepdog

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2010
Socal
magpul-dynamics-logo.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">There are a few seats left as of 03-07-12 for SPR. PR1 is full and forming a wait list. Contact me if you want to train. </span></span></span></span>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">UPDATE:</span> I am pleased to announce the scheduled dates for MagPul Dynamics Special Purpose / Designated Marksman Rifle and Precision Rifle 1 for Southern California to be held at Pala Range and instructed by Caylen Wojcik.

<span style="font-weight: bold">SPR/DMR - April 17-19 Course Tuition $700 Range Fee $60 ($20 per day) 50% due March 15th</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">PR1 - April 23-26 Course Tuition $750 Range Fee $80 ($20 per day) 50% due March 15th</span>

We will only be registering 12 students per class. To register for this event, please call Amanda at MagPul Dynamics at 303-828-3460 ext 111. A $200 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is due at the time of enrollment to secure your spot in the class. 50% of your range fee is due by March 15th. PM/Email me for details on this. Download and fill out this Student Application and get it to Jill with your deposit.

There will also be an opportunity for shooters to purchase the MGM AR500 Targets we will us during the class at a 30% discount and no shipping costs. This would be a great time to purchase that IPSC Steel plate you have been wanting. http://mgmtargets.com

IF you have a way to help spread the word on this I would be grateful.

PM me for questions or you can email me at socalsheepdog at g mail dot com

Josh

<span style="font-weight: bold">Class details</span>
http://magpuldynamics.com/precision-rifle.html

<span style="font-weight: bold">Instructor Bio</span>
http://www.magpul.com/assets/files/Newsfeed/MagpulDynamics%20Press%20Release_PrecRifle_032311.pdf

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lots of praise for this class here.</span>
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2540309

MagpulDynamics%20Press%20Release_PrecRifle_032311.jpg

[size:17pt][/size]

Re: Magpul Dyn PR1 or SPR in SoCal for Dec 2011

Splean, Caylen would do back to back classes but I think it would be a long shot to get enough people to fill them. Maye I should edit the post and mention that the two classes could run back to back.

Re: Magpul Dyn PR1 or SPR in SoCal for Dec 2011

Updated some info: changed possible date from Dec to March. See above.

Re: Magpul Dyn PR1 or SPR in SoCal for MARCH 2012

I can't commit for a March class. The original December class worked out perfectly for my schedule.

Hey socal sheepdog, me and my buddy are down for the DMR class. Please keep us in the loop as to when and where.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jrod5337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't commit for a March class. The original December class worked out perfectly for my schedule. </div></div>

A lot of guys are showing interest in back to back classes. March just works out better for those who want to do that to get the funds together. I also think I can be a better host with more time. I would like to gather some stuff for giveaways if possible plan for some nice meals etc. Let me know if your situation changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICUshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey socal sheepdog, me and my buddy are down for the DMR class. Please keep us in the loop as to when and where.
</div></div>

If you guys want to fwd me your email, I can keep you in the know.

I am interested in SPR as first choice but PR1 as second choice. I have a buddy that would probably come too.

I'd be interested in attending one or the other. Probably couldn't pull both. SPR woudld be likely be first choice of the two.

I'd be interested in attending PR1, just gotta find out the dates and price asap though, something about work and money lol.

I'd be intrested in one or the other. I might be able to do both. Do you want us to PM you email address or post them on here?

We are going to try to nail down last week in March and first week in April at Pala. I just need to confirm that those dates are a go with the Pala Range Master. Will try to get out there this weekend.

If you are interested, please PM or email me with your full name, email and which class you prefer PR1, SPR or both. I have received a fair amount of interest so if we can lock down the dates and those who have contacted me are serious, this should be a go.

More to come.

Josh

Faxing my app. and info first thing in the morning.

Sorry, just PR1. My wife gave me THE look when I saud both.

I know that one oh so well. Glad you will be joining us.

We still have a few seats left in each of these courses. We had them full with California Guard soldiers but the State pulled the funding. Now is the time to contact me or Magpul to reserve your seat.

Lets Train!

Josh

Are there any prerequisites for this, any prior Magpul training required before you can attend this training event?

Are the dates posted on the Magpul google calander still correct for Pala?
SPR Dates posted: Tue Apr 17 2pm – Thu Apr 19, 2012 11pm

V/R
Jason

Does Magpul offer military or law enforcement discount? I'm interested in both, but cost will be the deciding factor....

Yes the dates on the calendar are set unless we are short students. We still have some seats left for SPR and PR1 is taking a wait list. Contact MagPul about MILEO discount. I am not sure if they offer one but wouldn't hurt to ask.

If you are MILLEO, this training is a write off, all your time, tuition and ammo. That can be a bit of a discount if you look at it right.

thanks for the update...i'll check on the military/leo discount

The only prerequisite for attending the Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle courses is that the student has a solid understanding of safe weapon handling skills and familiarity with the five firearms safety rules. With the exception of PR2, the curriculum for the courses is designed to take a beginning shooter and elevate them to a level of confidence with a precision weapon system.

You lucky bastards... I wish I was going to one of Caylen's courses this month. You are in for some great instruction. Bring an open mind.