• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners or JAE

DieTrying310

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I've got a Remmy 700 and have been shopping for a new stock as of late. I love the look and quality of a Manners T4A, but recently the new JAE 700 caught my eye. I priced out both how want them and they would come out very close, so that didn't help. I plan to use this mostly at the range, then work into going to competitions. They're both quality stocks, so I'm wondering if there is any big reason I should go with one over the other.

Re: Manners or JAE

You cant beat the quality of a Manners stock.

Tom and the whole crew build the best stocks out there in my opinion. With the addition of the Mini Chassis and molded colors they have all the bases covered.

I would recommend that you get your finger on both if possible, they have very different feels.

My money would go to Manners without a doubt.

I would go with the one that EXISTS. That would be MANNERS.

I have both. A JAE on a m1a that is a top notch stock but weighs a ton. And manners on all my bolt guns. Thats important to note "manners on all my bolt guns"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with the one that EXISTS. That would be MANNERS. </div></div>

^^ THIS!! ^^

There are several recent threads on the "projected" availability of the JAE700 stocks and you are looking at probably late summer at the earliest (unless you are one of the folks who ordered as long as 2+ years ago). Given the track record and length of time on the development of this project...it could be longer, but nobody knows except the Good Lord and the folks at JAE.

Manners all the way!!!!

I'd go T2 with for a more vertical grip
or
T3 for a traditional grip
T5 is a amazing thumbhole stock

that guy Todd who paints them stocks at Manners does a o.k. job on painting some camo. He is a lil slow!
wink.gif

I have a T2A and a MCS T and love them both. I sold my T4 to get the T2A, the T2A grip is a little slimmer then the T4. They are both of excellent quality and Manners has awesome customer service.

-Kelly

Either or would make for a good rifle stock. I ordered a Manners MCS-SL for a superlight hunting rifle I'm building, and a JAE for an M1A that arrived a few days ago (man, almost a year for a standard model in black fiberglass, geesh, what's the world coming to?) and I don't think you can go wrong eitherr way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You cant beat the quality of a Manners stock.

Tom and the whole crew build the best stocks out there in my opinion. With the addition of the Mini Chassis and molded colors they have all the bases covered.

My money would go to Manners without a doubt. </div></div>

+1 I've got a Manners T4A and another one on the way.

The JAE-700RSA was supposed to be in production by January 2010, and the JAE-700RLA was supposed to be in production by January 2011. As of January 2011, they still hadn't started production of the RSA stock. JAE said that they're working on the tooling, and that they made some changes. With their backorders for the 700RSA stock, getting in line now will put you at least 6-9 months out from the time they start actual production of the stock. Unfortunately, nobody knows when that will be; not even JAE.

I can't wait to get my hands on a JAE-700RSA, but I have no illusions about getting it in my hands before 2012 AT THE EARLIEST.

Stick with a Manners or McMillan.