• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners prototype M1A stock

Re: Manners prototype M1A stock

We are going to outsource the bedding block. ETA will depend on completion of the block and a new mold.

I shot this rifle tonight from prone and sitting. It feels alot like my bolt rifle, only the brass piles up a lot faster!

Wow that is really nice, I have a T4 stock and love it, should be a homerun.

very very nice. .I have a M25/M1A build and I would switch my McMillan M3A for this stock !

oh yeah, get us a camo option
smile.gif

WOW,.. i want it!

i was just looking at a replacement stock for my S.A. M1A,.. this one has everything i want in it already.

as long as the price is right i will get one in a heartbeat.

I agree, if you can make it where you do not need to bed it like the JAE, it would be most desireable as lots of Smiths do not enjoy bedding M1As..looks great though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have decided to move forward with the bedding block to make it a drop in. Moon gave me a great idea as to how to make it work. </div></div>

You are undoubtedly already aware of the steel bedding block that Tank's Rifle Shop installs in McMillan stocks. This requires machining each receiver to fit the block, but at least you don't have to be as concerned with manufacturer-to-manufacturer or even receiver-to-receiver variation. I wish I'd had Tank do one of these for me a long time ago; he'll only install these with his high-end match packages now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are going to outsource the bedding block. </div></div>

I have a GAT and like it alot. I think you guys should make the bedding block yourself, because the words " outsource" means i'll have no interest in it. Its just another step to coordinate, another company to deal with, another excuse for this and that. Dont get me wrong, I think your product is top notch. I would hate to see your reputation tarnished by a relationship with a company that you have no real quality control over, when you could probably carve out a superior piece yourselves.

Just my opinion, and you know how opinions are

I might have to buy an M1A just so I can get that stock...

I would loss the sling studs on the front underside and but a pic rail on it... M1a owners can then chose to mount a light or bipod on it...

Looks really good.

TAGGED for updates

If it wasn't suggested yet...
*color options
*modular picatinny rails (it's always better to have the option than not)

All currently offered colors and camo will be available.

We have an increasing flow of regular stock orders to fill. We could make the bedding block ourselves but I dont want to cut in to stock production. All of the mills run pretty much full time as it is.

Rails could definately be an option. We offer Badger bipod rails as an option on all of our stocks.

That would probably make lugging the JAE around obsolete. I have the 25 lb gen 1 but you dont want to get too far from home with it. I either need a stock like this or a rifle caddy.

Can anyone tell me if the color of the stock in the pictures is leaf green or OD Green?

Thanks,
Rath

Its a mix of OD green and what was left in the paint gun. Leaf green is similar to the color of a Maple leaf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates on this stock? </div></div>We are in the process of working on the bed block design. The problem with a bed block for the M14, is coming up with one that will that is adjustable and solid. Should have some more info in about a month. Thanks

Anything is better than the stock that comes with the rifle from the factory. Its a great battle stock but if you scope it thats where you can go nuts trying to get a cheek weld. If it became production i would buy one as soon as i could for both of my rifles. You guys make a great stock, keep up the good work.

well, I think Mo-Zam's comment about the market niche is spot on, this definately fills the gap. I'm sure it will come out to be less than the JAE while having just as many important features. I would love to have a JAE, and still favor it for looks and other trivial reasons, but if I was the type of guy who really had the need to put an M1A through serious use, then I'd love this Manners stock....HOMERUN!

I dont know about the handguards, It would be no problem for us to match yours to the stock color if you send it in.

We do plan to accommodate for the rear lug actions.

This looks to be a really sweet set up....think it will be a real hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you just made me want to go out and buy an m1a. I would definitely get one if i had the boom part of it </div></div>
+1!

Todd,

The stock looks good, it is nice to see more people out there making a M1A stock, thumbs up.

Sorry to Hi-jack for a second but do you make stocks for the Savage 10fp with the 4-3/8" center, blind mag, short action?

Havnt looked into the M1. Maybe when we get caught up.
grin.gif
We have lots of new ideas, just need some time to make it happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superjc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I can see, it looks 100% California legal! Do want. </div></div>

This stock would be a huge success in the California Market, no question. I'm in for at least one ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is probably one of the sharpest looking stocks on a M1A I have seen </div></div>

Hell Yeah!!!

This is the first I've seen this stock, and I have to say, its the best looking M1A stock available. Very cool. Im in for one!

Any updates on this? I checked your website but didn't see one listed.

You can add me to the list of people that would buy one. It would be my first Manner's stock

This is still in the works, it is not dead yet. Working out a few details on the block, should have some info in about 3 to 4 weeks. Thank you very much

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to your production model. Heck, even another protype. I have a extra barreled action sitting. It just has a heavy barrel. Please keep us informed when you can.

Thanks in advance.