• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners prototype M1A stock

Re: Manners prototype M1A stock

I think the option of either a front swivel stud or rail just like the regular T4A would be a great option. Also if some sort of top rail like the Troy would be compatible. I definitely want one either way.

Please keep the dream alive. I would be in for at least one.

Now that Manners has molded in colors, an M1A stock is the only thing keeping them from world domination. This thread is almost two years old, get on with it already!
smile.gif

If my Scout Squad will drop in I'll be doin' cartwheels.
Please Mr Tom, make it happen!
grin.gif

Oh, I'd be down for something like that for my M1A... Now that is sexy....

It is the only m1a stock that I would put on mine and much nicer than the chassis systems. I will be placing an order when i get a few builds completed.

Slick and sick. I've been rsearching my next build which was/is an M1a. You build them and them will come especially ME! !!!!!!! Very nice job guys.

ATTN Mr. Manners. Please oh please announce this as a new product at SHOT show... I would wager you get get 50 people to pre-order/put a deposit down, in no time flat.

CH

I am VERY interested in a Manners M1A stock...if there is a pre-order I would like to be in on one. Jay.

Hope this isn't dead. I would buy and I have multiple friends that would as well.

Make that stock and I'll finally have a reason to own a 308
grin.gif
!

Gents, I emailed Manners 7 months ago about this. I was told to check back in 9 months. I emailed them again today:
<span style="font-style: italic">
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FFFF00">We spoke about 7 months back about this. How many orders would you need to make this happen?

I'm sure between Snipers Hide and the M14 Forum you could get a good number of guys to pre-order if you could make a drop in stock for M1A's.</span></span></span>

The response was:
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FFFF00">right now the project for the M1A is on hold. Check back with us in 6 months</span></span></span>

So...that sucks a$$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GillaFunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents, I emailed Manners 7 months ago about this. I was told to check back in 9 months. I emailed them again today:
<span style="font-style: italic">
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FFFF00">We spoke about 7 months back about this. How many orders would you need to make this happen?

I'm sure between Snipers Hide and the M14 Forum you could get a good number of guys to pre-order if you could make a drop in stock for M1A's.</span></span></span>

The response was:
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FFFF00">right now the project for the M1A is on hold. Check back with us in 6 months</span></span></span>

So...that sucks a$$ </div></div>

In other words, it is dead forever.

frown.gif

I will continue to bump this every few months I email them to encourage development

As of today, the response was:
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FFFF00">Nope still on hold. Were trying to get to just so busy. </span> </span>

Very nice!!Makes me want to pick up one of those socom rifles!

If they made it a "folder" that would be awesome. It would make a nice replacement to the factory SOCOM fiberglass stock.

The more I think about it the more a "folder" in the SOCOM stock would be a "home run" maybe a "special run" that's pre paid?????

Too bad you couldn't order the folder and just pay extra to have it "inletted" for the M1A/SOCOM action?

We are working on the bedding block idea. We want to make it as much of a drop in as possible. The problem we are facing is the variation between manufacturers specs. If we cant come up with a cost effective block, it may have to be a bed in. I am getting the impression from this thread that most people are going to want a drop in though. Thats why I posted it up. We want to know what you guys want.

The cheek adjusts plenty high. Even for my little head

I think we could accommodate for heavy barrels without much trouble. Adjusting for any differences in the receivers will depend on if and how we design a bedding block.

Would running the block for the widest variance, then allowing for a set of slotted shims on the interior walls of the chassis work? Or are the variations not as simple as width?

why not just run it with a usgi fiberglass style inletting and have it bedded? much easier and selling the ones that need bedding beats not selling any.

would love to see a t2a style stock for a bush rifle.

If my Scout Squad will drop in I'll be doin' cartwheels.
Please Mr Tom, make it happen!
grin.gif
Legio I hope he DOESNT end up making one for the scout then I'll hafta get one! Although
it would be cheaper then buying a full size and stock to go along with it. But throwing a
bump because this stock as a drop in would be AWESOME.

This stock would make me consider an M1A ... since I can't have a AR anything in my shitty state anymore!

Makes me miss my M1A! That is def the best looking stock i've seen on one! How about elite tactical shell?