• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners prototype M1A stock

Re: Manners prototype M1A stock

Any tension bedding done to the barrel front end or is it entirely free-floated? Wondering about harmonics/vibration from that oprod slinging around..

ETA" What do you do with the barrel band?

I have a M3A and a Custom one-off fiberglass stock for my M1A, but I'm holding off bedding them until this either does or doesn't become reality.

I'd much rather have this stock and sell the M3A.

I'm with you Don! Still looking forward to this one.

Have you guys decided to go through with this? If so, I'm in for one.

I WILL NOT LET THIS DIE...... This is the stock that offers the options of the JAE with the light weight of the McMillan. Whats not to love?

Any word on when I can send my deposit for one???

Looks good I love my T4,PLEASE mold in the color

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did this project die? </div></div>

not at all, I have the prototype stock right now, me and one of my buddies who has a CNC are going to try an get an aluminum bedding block designed. It's a great feel for the M1A, once tweeked out, should be a killer platform.

Simply put this as a prototype has me very excited, I also am a Gen 1 JAE person and that weight is just to nuch to lug when trying to run flights of stairs.
Moment its ready, I will purchase!

Impatiently waiting, I gotta get one of those!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did this project die? </div></div>

not at all, I have the prototype stock right now, me and one of my buddies who has a CNC are going to try an get an aluminum bedding block designed. It's a great feel for the M1A, once tweeked out, should be a killer platform. </div></div>

Keep it up. The design looks great.

When can we order ...
wink.gif

COME ON! Forget the block. I need a stock to shoot. Yes, bedding the M1A is an art that's fading, but there are still alot of guys that do it well. Give us one to bed while you "tweek" the drop in variant.

<span style="color: #006600">Still waiting and hoping Mr Manners!!</span>
grin.gif

I will make the blocks if the other shop is not getting it done. I have an M1A to go off too. Not that I dont have enough work to keep my head spinning but this is a project I would like a part of.

RUM

My buddy is working on the 3D model now, but his expertise is in building truck parts, not gun parts. We'd welcome the help if you're willing. PM me and we can discuss.

Please make this happen. I've been looking at a McM but now am going to hold off on the purchase.

Still on, just behind schedule a bit. Partially my fault.

Todd has the prototype stock done, I had it for a while and it felt nice, needs a few tweaks but all and all it's pretty awesome.

Hi Todd it is the nicest M1A stock i have ever seen a friend has a glass replacement here and they are crap also we used to run E2 stocks for long range precision when we were allowed to own them and they were a lot better for shooting but to heavy i am sure that this would be a great option. also i saw your folder that you are working on i would think that if you could incorperate the folding stock into the M14/ M1A it would sell as there are a lot of people that love folders.

I think you are realy expanding your stock options there to benifite the market. personaly i would try to make an alloy block that most actions would lock into then the blocks could be bedded aswell with the removal of some alloy to suit any other reciever that is out there.

I wanna buy an M1A just so I could buy this stock! Sexiest M1A I've ever seen. Nice Rig JRose

yeah i have to agree with alot and that stock would make me buy an m1a to drop in there. very nice looking stuff there

I'm glad that this is still in the works. The sooner the better. For now, my M1A sits in her original wood stock. As soon as this stock is available for order I will be ordering one.

Anyone have any updates on this beauty?

Holy Crap! I'd LOVE to have one of those babies for my LRB! Solves the main problem of scoping an M14...turning a chinweld into a cheekweld

Awaiting update...

-David
Edgewood, NM

Just so he Mr.Manners knows there is still interest.

I would definitely be in for one.

madd0c

I'm interested in one as well. Maybe a group buy when it is ready?

I want one of these....please oh please make some production models!