• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March or NX8... or cheaper Cronus/ Trijicon?

6.5 Shaggy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2012
N.W. Texas
I am starting a long range project and need glass advice. It’s a mainly a 1000-1800 yd rock/ steel plinker but will hunt with it some. 28 inch full custom 300 Ultra built for clients/guests to shoot from a bipod or bench. It will have a large brake.
I have used older USO, Schmidt’s, SwaroX5 and 8i and a lot of NXSs. I really want to try a March and have the budget of $2600, but was wondering if the cheaper NX8 or even cheaper Cronus or Trijicon Tenmile would handle the abuse of the ultra and provide glass quality high enough to wow my guests. Your experiences are greatly appreciated.

If you can afford the March, I would get it.

The NX8 I think is proving durable, but a big step down in glass. The Cronus will look better and perform better than the NF in the glass and parallax/ease of use department. I have no experience with the Trijicon.

If u like nightforce brand, atacr is another idea

I prefer March over the nx8 as far as image quality but value wise I would say they are close - personally the March fml-t1 reticle more than the nx8 mil-xt or mil-c

I did a side by side with my 210111 cronus and nightforce c634..... the c634 gave a crisper image for my eye. Also fov better and lighter weight which is important being a hunter