• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Marlin X7VH????

Re: Marlin X7VH????

I'm like you, I'd like to know also. I sure like what I see, 26" and heavy barrel.

i have also looked at one. ive asked around but it seems not many ppl have much experience with one. would love to know how it shoots.

I should have a .22-250 model in my hands next weekend,... I'll let ya know how it shakes out.

you might try the marlinowners forums.

Gary

I have played with the standard sporter rifle and the action was VERY smooth, trigger crisp and around 3 lbs (similar to savage accutrigger) and the rifle was well balanced. I have done some internet research and most reviews give the Marlin high marks including outstanding accuracy.It has the bbl nut like a Savage so the owner can perform bbl changes with a nut wrench and headspace gage. Local shop has a sporter that appears New for $269 and I think I may grab it for experimental purposes if nothing else. I wish they came in wider variety of calibers though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jake7.62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone see one of these yet????
It seems to have alot of Savage like features on it.
.308 heavy barrel gun for a list price of $327????
It might be worth a look...
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/CenterfireBoltAction/x7vh.asp

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_323/products_id/69909 </div></div>
Hi.
I have Marlin XL7 in a caliber 30-06. From a box he shot 1MOA on 100 meters.
Good rifle for hunt.

Just purchased the .308 model today. I'll post results after this weekend. I'll only have access to a 200 yard range and will be shooting factory ammo until I have time to start working on some loads for it.