• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Match Grade Ammo - Online

Samwize

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
Heber City, UT
I need to pull for your expertise out there. Where is the best place to buy MATCH GRADE ammon online. I need to buy a good 500 rounds of .300 Win Mag ammo.

Also is "Match Grade" and "MatchKing" the same thing?

Jason

Re: Match Grade Ammo - Online

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Battle Zero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to pull for your expertise out there. Where is the best place to buy MATCH GRADE ammon online. I need to buy a good 500 rounds of .300 Win Mag ammo.

Also is "Match Grade" and "MatchKing" the same thing?

Jason </div></div>

Build it......hand roll them......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could check with Dallas custom reloades. He screen here is ChadTRG42

http://www.dallasreloads.com/

He can help you work up a load you like or if you got a load he can build to your spec. </div></div>

Chad does good work.

you might also call Southwest in the GB section.

I would contact either of the custom realoaders here on the Hide have a look at getting the 208 A AMx loaded up it will increase the effective range over a standard 190gr matchKing or have the new US military 220gr MatchKing duplicated it should work in most 300 Win Mags that is the way i would lean.

I just saw a post in the classifieds w/a link to a webpage for FGMM 168gr. for approx. $20.00 a box.. I'll see if I can find it in a few.. If anyone finds it let me know, I didn't have time as a little person is giving me dirty looks to read with her. After 12 pages of searching in the classifieds, I can't find it.. Looks like it was moved...

Rock

Man, looking at the prices of these MATCH grade bullets. My wife must not know
wink.gif

This was a hard lesson to learn. When I bought my AI, I shortly bought 500 rounds of Federal 300 Win Mag 180 gr. Speer Hot-Cor SP. My intention was to start the process of learning how to shoot competitively at long distances. Well I was (still am) a complete noob and didn't realize that buying cheap ammo not only gives you sub-par bullets but also sub-par brass. My plan was to save all my brass and reload it as my future ammo, which I can still do but for precision, long-distance shooting - you need to use the best you can get - including the brass. Anyway, I now have 500 rounds of once fired brass I need to sell to help pay for this next round of 500 match grade ammo so that I can keep that match grade brass.

What can I say, it was a learning experience.

Palmetto state armory and a few other sites have $20/box of fgmm 168's, also look in the group buys, and then start looking at reloading.