• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

McCoy match M1 Garand question

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    Hello,
    My friend bought an estate to get a few guns out of it and is considering selling the rest. One of the ones that he is considering selling is a McCoy built M1. I know almost nothing about these and neither does he.

He will be along shortly to post up some pics. He mainly wants to know what to ask and where to post it if he decides to sell it.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

He should consult with the Garand Collector’s Association, not here.

Good Morning everyone!

Im the Guy MK20 is talking about and I'm needing some help finding out the value of this M1 and it would be great if I could get some guidance on where to Post this if I decide to sell it. Thank you again!
    1000020945.jpg

Either Gunbroker or over on the CMP forums, odcmp.com and join. It is not a GI issued McCoy but they have quite a following and I've seen them go from $2500 to $3500 depending on the interest in the particular gun. It would not be surprising to see it go higher on a site like Gunbroker because people could fight over it. Then you have to pay the fees and commissions or whatever so you might net the same.

Figuring a Kreiger barrel, commercial stock and all the usual match tricks, electro-pencil marking on trigger group and hopefully a low round count on the gun, it should do okay.

Do you have an idea on price you would like to get? Or is this a case of a found a diamond ring in the ghetto and wanna get rich selling it?

Last edited:
    Either Gunbroker or over on the CMP forums, odcmp.com and join. It is not a GI issued McCoy but they have quite a following and I've seen them go from $2500 to $3500 depending on the interest in the particular gun. It would not be surprising to see it go higher on a site like Gunbroker because people could fight over it. Then you have to pay the fees and commissions or whatever so you might net the same.

Figuring a Kreiger barrel, commercial stock and all the usual match tricks, electro-pencil marking on trigger group and hopefully a low round count on the gun, it should do okay.

Do you have an idea on price you would like to get? Or is this a case of a found a diamond ring in the ghetto and wanna get rich selling it?
    Hey first I'll say I really appreciate the help and I'm just in the process of trying to find the value of the gun at this moment, I'm not looking to get top dollar out of it I'm just looking to see what a fair price would be. From what your saying between $2,500-$3,500 is an average price for this small market.

I really appreciate it!

DCM/CMP documented NM Garands bring the most money. Next would be a McCoy like yours. If you put it up on GB you need TE/HS gauge numbers on the Obermyer. Otherwise you will get bombarded with that question. 🤣 GLWTS!

I wouldn’t know how to price it but it’s a neat piece of history for someone to own.

As far as future value who knows the further we get away from the golden era of match shooting peeps will be losing interest unless they add A McCoy match conditioned Garand to Fortnite.

There will always be those that want an example perhaps use it as a lovingly cared for shooter.

Didn’t notice if it was mentioned .308 or 30-06?

Reactions: RTESantaFe
    Hey first I'll say I really appreciate the help and I'm just in the process of trying to find the value of the gun at this moment, I'm not looking to get top dollar out of it I'm just looking to see what a fair price would be. From what your saying between $2,500-$3,500 is an average price for this small market.

I really appreciate it!

I asked my buddy, his screen name is "Lite box", he is exceptional on Garands and has collected for years. He was leaning towards the $2-2500 range. So I figure if you auctioned it it might start around there.

I had a Glen Nelson built Super Match M1-A that was the same thing. He was the premiere builder of them for years so it has a premium attached to it. I got it from a long time AMU shooter who used it only to qualify a few courses. It was a tack driver.

Is this rifle .308 or 30-06?

I asked my buddy, his screen name is "Lite box", he is exceptional on Garands and has collected for years. He was leaning towards the $2-2500 range. So I figure if you auctioned it it might start around there.

I had a Glen Nelson built Super Match M1-A that was the same thing. He was the premiere builder of them for years so it has a premium attached to it. I got it from a long time AMU shooter who used it only to qualify a few courses. It was a tack driver.

Is this rifle .308 or 30-06?
    Sorry for the slow reply, yes it is a 308