• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

so having handled a handful of different mk13-0 bolts, i have seen many variations. I have seen both electro-pen and stamped last 4x of serial on Remington stock extractor, Stamped last 4x of serial with Tubb/sako extractor w/ no lasering, and laser marked bolts with stamped last 4x and tubb/sako.

If you are keeping a stock rem extractor, i personally would stick to stamping or electro pen if you want it more correct. I cant speak for every rifle, but all o the lasered bolts i have seen have had tubb / sako.

Almost have all my parts, does anyone recommend a good GS to chamber and assemble? My stock may need some mods, the rail is set back a little to far for the third action screw/lug.

Got this one back from Chris Higgins at Red Bull Armory today. Outstanding work as always and it was an amazing feeling reuniting my matching scope and chassis.

signal-2021-08-30-104554_001.jpeg
signal-2021-08-30-104554_002.jpeg
signal-2021-08-30-104554_003.jpeg
signal-2021-08-30-104554_005.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
used to hold the bolt back. pretty common oj mod 5/7View attachment 7694195

Some of the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks had them as well, the SEALs have been doing that for quite a while. If the stock is painted, sometimes there will be an unpainted loop around the stock where that rubber band was removed or rotted away. Check your Mod 0 stocks, you guys might have a rubber band or a tracing of one!

Anyone have any reviews for rifles made by RWS? Looked at his site and his stuff is impressive. Any group data? Is his stuff shooting sub-moa? I take my rifles out past a grand regularly. Just would like some of y'all's feedback

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
Anyone have any reviews for rifles made by RWS? Looked at his site and his stuff is impressive. Any group data? Is his stuff shooting sub-moa? I take my rifles out past a grand regularly. Just would like some of y'all's feedback
First group on paper with a Mod 0 he built for me was in the .4s with factory Sig 191 contract ammo. I am very picky about my rifles (and builders) - I have no issue recommending him to others as he will definitely be getting more of my business.

I would recommend RWS HIGHLY. Built my Mod 0/1. It shoots like a laser. Shoots sub 1/2 MOA with 230gr Berger and 190gr Black Hills.

Anyone have any reviews for rifles made by RWS? Looked at his site and his stuff is impressive. Any group data? Is his stuff shooting sub-moa? I take my rifles out past a grand regularly. Just would like some of y'all's feedbacK
RWS has done 3x of my mod 0's. Ill admit i only shoot one of them, but its a straight hammer, and i expect the same from the others.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
I'm really excited to have the .300 Win Mag (pre-Mk13 Mod 0) complete. Some of the cool features it's got are a C655XXXX action (which is the lowest observed serial number block for Mk13s), beautiful takeoff grey McMillan, takeoff Crane recoil lug, takeoff one piece scope mount, 1998 dated Turner sling, early non swivel Harris with the flat head screw, and an issued Kalispel case with a barcode sticker for a Leupold M1 10x scope.

It's a shame that very few photos and very little documentation exist for these early Navy Win Mags.

1KUlRBT.jpg

Ll03upG.jpg

JOCDLvn.jpg

fxDngeu.jpg

fKFJmt4.jpg

i7tT2DX.jpg

fxIcBcX.jpg

nYUUGS7.png

pIHlCzx.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, I passed them along to my father, he's very happy to hear the positive feedback. He's going to photograph a few more Mk13 stocks later this month, he'll probably shoot photos of the Tal Afar stock next.

The UM swivel appears to be one of the early US made swivels, I also have this type of UM swivel on my Mk12 clones. It's strange that the front swivel is KAC, so it's probably a replacement. I've seen broken UM and KAC swivels on a few of these stocks, so they were definitely consumable items.

The Pod-Loc has to be early, since these rifle's were replaced by the Mod 5 in the mid 2000's. I'll have to compare it to the current production ones on my M40A3/5/6 rifles, IIRC their design changed at some point.

Here's the rest of the Mk13 photos:
MABTGHg.jpeg

Xt06GeQ.jpeg

0L1R8Xr.jpeg

xjbj50c.jpeg

9k5Ms2G.jpeg

NYX9HpL.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a Gen I KMW. The design later changed and is what you see now.

There’s a NOS nightforce Nav-spec scope listed on gunbroker if anyone is looking for a clone correct scope.

Reactions: sandwarrior
I may have missed this but...

1) on the mod 5 are the scope rail screws opened up to 8-40s or they stay stock?

2) anyone have any detail on the mod 5 barrel profile/print or even how much they lob off the chamber end before threading/ chambering?

1) on the mod 5 are the scope rail screws opened up to 8-40s or they stay stock?

2) anyone have any detail on the mod 5 barrel profile/print or even how much they lob off the chamber end before threading/ chambering?

1. They are stock at 8-40 on the Stiller actions. No modifications needed.
2. Those prints are elusive. There are three guys that I know of who have their own profile that's a best guess and one gunsmith who has the real profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: FUNCTIONAL

All the Remington actions were/are opened up to 8-40 on the scope base screws. As mentioned by USMCsean, stiller actions are 8-40 from the factory.

Thank you both, forgot the detail was for a rem700 version. I'd have been shocked if they kept them factory size but couldn't find the detail anywhere.

I think I may just get some bar steel at this point and make a few once my suppressor gets in. I can match the collar portion diameter with the test piece and then work my way to both ends to get the correct profile/ length. Sucks this print is so hard to find.

Reactions: nn8734
Keeping this thread alive into the new year.

Is there a dedicated Mk13 (all variants) thread somewhere? If not, there should be one. Though it seems like maybe this is it here?

Is there a dedicated Mk13 (all variants) thread somewhere? If not, there should be one. Though it seems like maybe this is it here?

It was, after the Scout thread on the 700/300 and mod1 died with Scout. Over the years, as more turn ins have shown up on the market it kind of morphed into an all things mk13 thread.

this thread includes info on all variants. Sort of become the general mk13 thread.

Reminds me, haven't shared some updates to one of my army mod 5s. Got a painted army-spec that pairs well with the chassis and mars.

JXqI2M9RR%yFim80PhD4aw_thumb_974c.jpg
sXAzFhLsTgGcpPIl67rvAA_thumb_974e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_974f.jpg

The initial army scopes, also seen on later mk13 mod 2's had 1 moa elevation turrets and A191 BDC dials and a USASFC reticle. Later army specs kept the same elevation turrets and BDC, but changed to MLR Reticle - essentially getting rid of the ranging element of the USASFC.

A few ITW pics -

9c0349516e3e1a8d740a1e1f5f297c4e12ed2cc891ffcd9ecf0b4dc48de0b5cb.jpg
107593823_3665177010163189_3786720585134001380_n.jpg
227256171_1247758329017950_7610942178916579492_n.jpg
Mike Glover - of fieldcraft survival
IMG_2718.jpg

On some Ranger guns - note that mod 5 and mod 2's pictured
K2D9Ibz.png
mk13long.jpg
signal-2021-08-26-152007.jpeg

Last edited: