• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MOD Armory - International Sniper Competition

MODArmory – Nicole

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
MOD Armory just finished the vendor night shoot at the International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning, Georgia. We were glad to be invited to demonstrate a wide variety of night vision products including a yet-to-be-released clip-on prototype. Designed to compete with the PVS-22, actual performance of this prototype at the Fort Benning night shoot solidly compared favorably with the PVS-27 at half the weight and size.

We also demonstrated a new recoil compensating PVS-14 rated for use on rifles in the 7.62 NATO/.308 class. Mounted on a LaRue OBR behind a Leupold Mark 6 1-6 power scope. Using the Laser Devices DBAL D2 illuminator to detect the silhouette, shooters were able to make solid hits on steel at 422 meters under challenging moonless overcast conditions. Designed to be used behind a zero-power red-dot sight, this non-standard use behind a scope set at 3-power was more impressive than expected.

For most attendees this was the first time they could compare clip-ons side-by-side and actually shoot with them.

The event was heavily attended by competitors and cadre, and a great time was had by all during this first open night shoot at the competition.

Being right next to the Barrett M107A1 and MRAD .338 Lapua Magnum shooters was like going three rounds with Mike Tyson though, and even two levels of hearing protection didn’t prevent the body-blow blast overpressure. The Barrett crew really added to the excitement and drew lots of attendees past our shooting position.

Pictures from the Vendor Night Shoot; captured with a PVS-14 and MOD Armorys iPhone Adapter.

intsnipershoot4-1.jpg

intsnipershoot3-1.jpg

intsnipershoot2-1.jpg

intsnipershoot-1.jpg

Re: MOD Armory - International Sniper Competition

This was quite the event! I was along to help and was totally busy all night! I got to run 10 rounds through the SR 25 before dark to check Zero and that was it!

All night I was loading mags and directing fire! We had a steady stream of people to see the toys!

We were using the new Leupold Mark 6 3-18 on the SR25 and the Mark 6 1-6 on the short OBR for day glass (which amused the Leupold reps!) and I really like the new 1-6. More on it later! People banged away all night with our PVS14 RC on the little 7.62 OBR and were very impressed! As with the THOUSANDS of rounds gone before on these test PVS 14RCs (Recoil Compensating) prototypes... no spots appreared and I had ZERO fear any would, it was the furthest thing from my mind!

I did a lot of comparison demos on clip ons as we had them ALL out there and people really liked being able to compare each Clip on side by side by side so they could see what they actually could do!

To a person everyone loved the way our new clip on focused! It's very simple the rear housing turns like the Diopter of a scope and it is with out a doubt the easiest to reach! In addition the new Clip ons performance ran right along with the 27 and the conditions were very bad with overcast skys and then light pollution from town lighting up the horizon but NOT the range which is bordered by (of course) tall Georgia Pines! So it was dark as all get out on the Range.

We also demoed our new 10X long range observation lens for the PVS-7 Delta and that combined with our IPhone adapter was a huge HIT! More to follow on our PVS-7 Long Range Observation upgrade program that is coming down the pike!

All in all it was nice to be back amongst the Active Duty kids again! The Instructors at the Sniper School displayed that youthful professionalism that only committed servicemen and women do! In addition I got to hang out with Marines again! Always a good time.

Ran into tons of the industry,and got to hear some whispers of cool stuff coming for Shot Show! It's gonna be good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was quite the event! I was along to help and was totally busy all night! I got to run 10 rounds through the SR 25 before dark to check Zero and that was it!

All night I was loading mags and directing fire! We had a steady stream of people to see the toys!

We were using the new Leupold Mark 6 3 to18 on the SR25 and the Mark 6 1 to 6 on the short OBR for day glass which amused the Leupold folks!

People banged away all night with our PVS14 RC on the little 7.62 OBR and were very impressed!

I did a lot of comparison demos on clip ons as we had them all and people really liked being able to compare each unit side by side by side so they could see what each unit actually could do!

To a person everyone loved the way our new clip on focused! <span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> It's very simple the rear housing turns like the Diopter of a scope and it is with out a doubt the easiest to reach! </span></span>In addition the new Clip ons performance ran right along with the 27 and the conditions were very bad with overcast skys and then light pollution from town lighting up the horizon but NOT the range which is bordered by (of course) tall Georgia Pines! So it was dark as all get out on the Range.

We also demoed our new 10X long range observation lens for the PVS 7 and That combined with a IPhone adapter was a huge favorite! More to follow on our PVS 7 Long Range Observation upgrade program that is coming down the pike!

All in all it was nice to be back amongst the Active Duty kids again! The Instructors at the Sniper School displayed that youthful professionalism that only committed servicemen and women do! In addition I got to hang out with Marines again! Always a good time.

Ran into tons of the industry again got to hear some whispers of cool stuff coming for Shot Show! It's gonna be good!

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA </div></div>

I find this to be an IMPROVED design....I like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camille -MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We also demonstrated a new recoil compensating PVS-14 rated for use on rifles in the 7.62 NATO/.308 class.
</div></div>

Any chance of a little more information here <span style="font-size: 17pt">?</span>

Is this recoil compensating pvs14 all in the housing or is there any changes to the tube design? If it is all housing will this be offered for an upgrade to existing pvs14 systems?

Please standby the press release will be forthcoming. The project was over two years in development and has nothing to do with the housing.

For now I will say that this is an evolutionary step not merely .308 recoil rated.

Damn it all this technology that's about to get released is killing me. All of you seem to have some super secret squirrel nods you're about to release. Get on with it would ya. Lol

That's too bad cause I was hoping it was a housing doing the recoil mitigating so it was a simple housing swap. Oh we'll.