• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mossberg MVP Trigger

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
I just bought a Mossberg MVP in 5.56. It has an adjustable trigger, but even on the lightest setting it is still a little heavier than I would like it to be. Does anybody know of anyone who sells aftermarket triggers for this rifle? Thanks!

Re: Mossberg MVP Trigger

I beleive timney does... I also have an MVP, I can PM you with a few tricks if you like...

I lightened up the firing pin spring on mine and that help'd a lot. the timney cost's around $200 i think, and i was planning on this being a budget rifle. otherwise i would bought a 700 in .223.

I smoothed my bolt cocking ramp, greased the firing pin housing (where it rotates in the bolt main body)
set the trigger to the lightest setting. cut 2 coils off the firing pin spring, (wich was the first to figure out, as per the mvp blog, as mossberg will not tell you how to get the firing pin assembly apart)
lapped the back side of the bolt lugs...

and she's quite managable now... nowhere like my shilen's on my 700's but it will work for a budget 9 twist 223

Re: Mossberg MVP Trigger

I beleive timney does... I also have an MVP, I can PM you with a few tricks if you like...

I lightened up the firing pin spring on mine and that help'd a lot. the timney cost's around $200 i think, and i was planning on this being a budget rifle. otherwise i would bought a 700 in .223.

I smoothed my bolt cocking ramp, greased the firing pin housing (where it rotates in the bolt main body)
set the trigger to the lightest setting. cut 2 coils off the firing pin spring, (wich was the first to figure out, as per the mvp blog, as mossberg will not tell you how to get the firing pin assembly apart)
lapped the back side of the bolt lugs...

and she's quite managable now... nowhere like my shilen's on my 700's but it will work for a budget 9 twist 223

Is there a diagram or pics on what spring to cut etc as I want to lower my patriot pull as well?