• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mount AR to Zero Turn

DeathBeforeDismount

Hey, give your balls a tug.
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2021
IN YOUR HEAD
I know this sounds nuts, But I wouldn;t mind having a way to mount an AR on the old Kubota ZT so I can stay strapped while I am killing the grass. It does have a ROPS but I would preffer to not drill into it if I dont have to. Any ideas or ways to mount to square tubing?

Reactions: CaptArab
I’ve seen quite a few scabbards that mount with straps, I assume that would work. Depending on if you keep the rifle strapped in or not, it could get crushed in the event of a rollover. Doubt that would be your biggest concern in that event.

You need to move if you feel the need for an AR while mowing your grass.
D7FE7C68-E765-4083-928C-1B746CAB3D0E.jpeg

I carry a gun on my mower, a snubby .38. Couple rounds of snake shot and 4 HPs. I just assumed that he lived where the critters are bigger and if two legged adversaries show up, they know that they’re not supposed to be there.🤷🏼‍♂️

I've killed lotsa stuff on my zero turn with my Glock 34 - but I use it to mow walking paths through my pastures.

Not like I'm out doing the postage stamp yard thing. To make it work you'll have to mount it down between your legs so you can throw out the control arms and rock.

Typically animals are on the run as the mower spooks them so you only have 2-3 seconds to get a shot off. Not a chance with a rops mount. The case idea was comical. This is why I buy aero / PSA / etc. I'll take a handful of cheap milspec blasters I can run into the ground any day over some high dollar safe queen.

I thought about this a good bit yesterday on the exmark. Perhaps bolting a big piece of 3" schedule 40 on a 45 degree angle coming up towards your dick, muzzle down. Throw a bungee over the pistol grip to keep it from flying out.

Last edited:
ARCA mount anyone (with a QR throw lever)? Seems pretty obvious to me, but... 🤷‍♂️

Not that I'd be carrying an AR on a mower, but that's another discussion altogether.

ARCA mount anyone (with a QR throw lever)? Seems pretty obvious to me, but... 🤷‍♂️

Not that I'd be carrying an AR on a mower, but that's another discussion altogether.
I love where your head is at. I just need A419 to come out with the Kubota Z411 Kit :)

Clearly you have never seen Red Dawn. Being able to dead a cuban or North Korean before he hits the ground is the battle drill we train for.

Now you're talking - okay here's a quick and dirty mockup - make a little triangle out of some square tubing - u bolt that to the front wheel arm. Bolt / weld arca clamp on top of the square tube. Arca clamp rifle to bracket.

Attachments

• 20200812_kubota_599~2.jpg
    20200812_kubota_599~2.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: camocorvette
I would still angle it at a 45 so the stock goes between your legs for speed and control clearance.

Arca clamp.
Or sling.

@MarinePMI
Wait till you get to MT.
Then you will. 🤣
Just because you can run a shorty with a can and the only thing anyone says is “howdy”.

I feel the need to here in the Denver Burbs.
The hoodlums be getting bold and dumb with their spraying bullets, car jacking, and robberies.

I keep a pistol on my belt under my shirt.
Gonna see how long till I can rust out a g19 with just sweat. 🤣
Sweat guard on the leather holster has some serious character going on.

Also, if you strappin an AR on the mower, hopefully your carbine skillz are better than your PRS skillz….

Impact or Die, ARs are for pansies and posers!!!!

I know its only Tuesday. And its Friday afternoon in my head….

75FE5A9B-A5CE-4F7C-A226-E78BF155842C.jpeg

If you know what your doing a Glock with RMR will solve all your problems.

But you do you

It is silly but not really paranoid at all.
I've killed multiple groundhogs, possums, rats, from my mowers and tractor over the years. If I had a rifle I could easily kill some deer.

It is silly but not really paranoid at all.
I've killed multiple groundhogs, possums, rats, from my mowers and tractor over the years. If I had a rifle I could easily kill some deer.
A .22 would work for all that if they weren’t more than 100 yards away

BTW, after thinking about this a little, you could mount an (RRS) ARCA clamp on a vertical surface, and then just use a pic rail on the AR handguard at the 9 o'clock position (since the RRS will take ARCA or Pic), to attach it.

Hit a nerve ?

Sounds like my intuition is correct.
The dude that is unhinged enough to mount a AR on a zero turn for urban threats. Can’t hit shit

Edit. Hmm no delete button.
MPMI said to knock the shit off. You seem slow and want to shit in my thread and on me for some reason (i have no idea who you are) and throw insults. I am wondering why you are talking shit to someone you don't know who lives oh so close (and probally shoots at the same ranges if you actually shoot anything other than your mouth)

I don't live in an urban area, in fact, I am surrounded by corn and soybean fields if you really want to know. There are legit reasons for wanting to have a long gun and explaining them to you seems like a waste of time, nor something I am inclined to do based on your attitude.

Last edited:
BTW, after thinking about this a little, you could mount an (RRS) ARCA clamp on a vertical surface, and then just use a pic rail on the AR handguard at the 9 o'clock position (since the RRS will take ARCA or Pic), to attach it.
This is kind of what I was thinking, so it could clear the optic and magwell. Maybe I can find a way to fab something like the SAC Base to a U bolt with the quick release levers:

+

Time to break out the Tig welder and start playing.

Reactions: XP1K and MarinePMI
Have it so you Stick your barrel / can in a piece of pvc then have a hog saddle type or 4 wheeler mount clamp for the back. I think that would work well. Muzzle down. Maybe need foam in the bottom of pvc. One of those 4 wheeler clamps with the rubber band on top for the rear securemnt

If using a pic / arca clamp I think this is the one and only case where id just use a leofoto copy instead of supporting RRS. I’d bet a lot of money hard mounting it doesn’t last 2 weeks with all the bumps / vibration it’s exposed to. With the clamp / clamp mount or gun is gonna have issues

I spend a decent about of time on my tractor (mowing, dirt work, etc.) and have been thinking about something similar. Missed a few opportunities to smoke coyotes while working in the evening. Here are a couple products I have been considering:
https://www.artillian.com/products/rops-mount-bar-attachments/
https://www.thegungrabber.com/310vt-vehicle-transport-gun-rack/
Also considering fabricating something myself.

I have mounted other stuff to ROPS (lights, toolboxes, etc.) and U bolts work well. There is a lot of vibration though on a tractor (and probably a ZT too), so they can come loose if you don't take steps to mitigate it. I put a piece of heat shrink tubing (the same stuff used for electrical wires) around the "U" portion and locktite the nuts. I use 2 nuts on each side (1 regular, 1 nylock). Depending on what you are mounting, it may be worth also putting a rubber backer on the mounting bracket to reduce vibration transferred from the ROPS to the bracket/load.

Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount
Vibration and shock are going to be your biggest issues. That said, I wouldn't hard mount anything. I kind of like the hog saddle idea mentioned above. I bet you could shake it out of that after a while though.

I would try to locate a spot in front somewhere to put the muzzle and fashion some sort of saddle arrangement out of 3" or 4" pvc. You could line it with something soft like a pool noodle to absorb the shock. Hold it down with a bungee or something.

I usually just appendix carry my 19x with an rmr on the ztrak. Tractor duty usually gets the mossberg Shockwave. Summers as a teen I used to mow big acreage for a local rancher using his cab tractor. In those days I carried the 22-250. Dumped a few yotes and a pile of pigs.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
Vibration and shock are going to be your biggest issues. That said, I wouldn't hard mount anything. I kind of like the hog saddle idea mentioned above. I bet you could shake it out of that after a while though.

I would try to locate a spot in front somewhere to put the muzzle and fashion some sort of saddle arrangement out of 3" or 4" pvc. You could line it with something soft like a pool noodle to absorb the shock. Hold it down with a bungee or something.

I usually just appendix carry my 19x with an rmr on the ztrak. Tractor duty usually gets the mossberg Shockwave. Summers as a teen I used to mow big acreage for a local rancher using his cab tractor. In those days I carried the 22-250. Dumped a few yotes and a pile of pigs.
I agree about vibration being the biggest hurdle. I haven't tested it, but I think vibration would kill an arca mount pretty quickly based on other stuff I've mounted.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
I agree about vibration being the biggest hurdle. I haven't tested it, but I think vibration would kill an arca mount pretty quickly based on other stuff I've mounted.
This.
There's ATV racks that are cheap and are made for this exact purpose.

This is a new level of paranoia to feel the need to mount an AR on your mower.

My old man is not really a gun guy at all, and he usually carries an AR on the tractor when farming. Coyotes and ground hogs mainly but also raccoon and skunk. Ground hogs were the main reason and his 10/22 just wasn't enough to get it done, for him, so he preferred the AR.

I don't take my pistol off until I sit down on my computer at night, so I generally have no need for a rifle, but far from uncommon.

Reactions: XP1K and lariat