• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mulling over paint ideas for the motorcycle.

macthknife

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2004
clarksville, IN
I never have been really overwhelmed with enthusiasm for the plain silver paint on My bike.

IMG_3299small.jpg

Not only is it a little plain, but evidently, it's pretty difficult to see during the morning & evening low light hours.

A fella in the Concours Owners Group Photoshopped this.

gremlin14.jpg

which looks pretty close to this Camaro color.

2010-chevrolet-camaro-synergy-special-edition-front-passenger-three-quarters.jpg

What do My fellow Hide members think? Easier to see? Seems the green is fairly eye pleasing too.

Gimme a heads up on other color suggestions. I saw a copper color that GM put out too, but can't find any pictures. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, & maybe knows of a picture, or even has a paint number, I would appreciate it.

Mac

Re: Mulling over paint ideas for the motorcycle.

Geez that green is gross. Is all your gear black or grey? For example, if your jacket has some color trim or accent you could do some striping of the same color. I would avoid big wholesale changes unless I was positive I wanted it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geez that green is gross. Is all your gear black or grey? For example, if your jacket has some color trim or accent you could do some striping of the same color. I would avoid big wholesale changes unless I was positive I wanted it. </div></div>The color seems to draw a love it or hate it reaction. I'm definitely going to paint the bike. Just looking for the right color. I just don't like silver. I think the copper color I found from House of Kolor is pretty cool. http://www.tcpglobal.com/hokpaint/images/kolorcars/full/MBC01FF-KK08-BC25.jpg

A nice fell in Our club just Photoshopped the copper color I described. Check it out. I like it!

copperc-14_.jpg

I like the green but I believe it to be an unlucky color for motorcycles . Having been run over on my bike I believe I am allowed to be superstitious . My vote is for the copper color just based on that
wink.gif

I really like the copper, but I also like yellow bikes.

Take yellow and add some black graphics with a fine red pinstripe set just outside the graphic a la' the ol' Buick GSX and you've got a sharp high-viz ride! (If you ever look out over a sea of cars at a mall parking lot, check out what colors jump out the most...orange and yellow. )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the green but I believe it to be an unlucky color for motorcycles . Having been run over on my bike I believe I am allowed to be superstitious . My vote is for the copper color just based on that
wink.gif
</div></div>

Glad You are still on this side of the dirt, Bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the copper, but I also like yellow bikes.

Take yellow and add some black graphics with a fine red pinstripe set just outside the graphic a la' the ol' Buick GSX and you've got a sharp high-viz ride! (If you ever look out over a sea of cars at a mall parking lot, check out what colors jump out the most...orange and yellow. ) </div></div>I like yellow too! One issue I have wit bright colors like that is they are so tough to keep clean. Has Me leaning toward that copper pretty far.

I like that copper. Another good source for color checking is the Fender guitar website. They have a whole lot of interesting paint jobs on their axes.

Zombies and skulls man, zombies and skulls!!

OK, maybe not. I love Kawi green, but that copper looks good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like that copper. Another good source for color checking is the Fender guitar website. They have a whole lot of interesting paint jobs on their axes. </div></div>That's a damn good idea. Thanks Man.

I have a 2000 ford F250 farm truck that is a nice copper color. Might look into that as well.

mulling over selling mine, wish there was a other than firearm for sale section