• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My apology to Steve "Country888"

redneckbmxer24

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I did a transaction with Steve for a set of Nightforce rings. Upon recieving the envelope it was empty with only a small tear that at the time we didn't believe could let a set of rings get through, but as it turns out after inspecting the envelope with the post master that was the culprit to them getting the rings out of the package.

I jumped the gun and accused Steve of lieing about not receiving the rings. I was dead wrong and he truely did not receive the rings, somebody between me and him cut the envelope enough to get the rings out.

I apologized to Steve several times over the phone for accusing him of this but would like to make a public apology for any harm done to his good name. Steve is VA LEO, one of the good guys and as down to earth and honest as they come.

Once again Steve, I am very sorry for making the accusation against you and I should not have jumped the gun like I did. I have learned my lesson and from here on out will not point a finger until I know exactly what happened regardless who the member is the transaction was with. I took what little information I had and ran with it, and that was wrong.

Cory

Re: My apology to Steve "Country888"

Sometimes we gotta eat a little shit dont we? Way to man up.

Part of this is why we don't have a "Bad Guy" list and why we frown on people doing things like this...

Honestly if you didn't apologize in this fashion, I would be banning you for swearing up and down the guy like you did.

Just because you can bitch, doesn't always give you license to bitch, especially without all the information.

There are two sides to every story and just because you think you are right, doesn't make it so.

Hey guys im steve, just to let you know Cory is a great guy if you don't know him. We have spoke several times now over the phone to resolve the problem and have done so! No harm, and Cory is a great guy to deal with. We all know things happen and we just deal with it!

Thanks Cory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Part of this is why we don't have a "Bad Guy" list and why we frown on people doing things like this...

Honestly if you didn't apologize in this fashion, I would be banning you for swearing up and down the guy like you did.

Just because you can bitch, doesn't always give you license to bitch, especially without all the information.

There are two sides to every story and just because you think you are right, doesn't make it so. </div></div>

I completely understand Frank, and I'll be sure it doesn't happen again. With the little information that was available it looked like a good old fashion scam, and I ran with that and by doing that I was very wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job on the owning up, Now find the actual thief and place him on the 1k yard line for us. </div></div>

I would like to know who pulled those out of the envelope. As small as the hole was somebody had to have torn it and pulled the rolled up padded envelope with the rings in it out of the Priority Mail flat rate envelope.

The story gets weirder though. Yesterday I got home and in the mailbox was the padded envelope but unrolled with the top taped up with the rings in it. The padded envelope had a USPS first class label on it with my address as the ship to because I ordered a screen for my Droid that came in it about 2 weeks ago and had just reused it for padding for the rings. I don't know if whoever pulled it out had a change of heart or if they didn't know what they would do with a set of scope rings. Either way I'm very happy they were returned, and they are going back to Steve today but this time in a box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys im steve, just to let you know Cory is a great guy if you don't know him. We have spoke several times now over the phone to resolve the problem and have done so! No harm, and Cory is a great guy to deal with. We all know things happen and we just deal with it!

Thanks Cory </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words Steve. Yes things do happen but it's still no excuse for me jumping to conclusions and accusing you of scamming. I was very rude, and once again I'm greatly sorry and I've learned an important lesson from it all. I'm very glad you kept your cool through the whole thing even when I didn't.

I sent a Ruger LCP back to Ruger after the recall. After a short turn around, I received a box with a Ruger LCP hat, some paperwork, but no LCP. After inspection you could see that it was opened and retaped. Needless to say, I waited a considerable time for the postal company to pay Ruger and for me to receive a new pistol.

It happens.

I'll make no apologies for trusting noone but myself. When I ship an item I fully understand that there's a lot of hands on it between myself and the buyer. Some of those hands might be sticky....therefore no trust is given.

On that note, an "envelope" is for mailing paper and not for something that can be identified, or arouse curiosity, by feeling through the package. Were I to send out a valuable item, that is more bulky than paper, then a padded shipping envelope isn't what I would choose to send it.

The simple use of a $5 flat rate BOX, some bubble wrap to keep it from rattling inside, and some strategic placement of clear packing tape to keep it sealed would have avoided this whole situation, likely completely, and with a LOT less chance the thing being opened and the rings being stolen.

You're not going to ever completely stop the piece of shit assholes out there from stealing stuff in the mail, but making it as hard as possible on them is a big step in the right direction. If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that a BOX is best for shipping stuff.......

Edited to add:

Also, it makes a huge pshycological difference with the postal criminals to go ahead and add the cost of those insurance and delivery receipt stickers all over the box, and putting the shipment into a more "official" transaction with a paper trail. It lets everyone in the chain know that there are eyes on both ends of the transaction that are paying attention to the whole thing and the item will be missed right away if it doesn't show up. Yep, makes things more expensive to ship, but it's worth the cost compared with the hassle of dealing with a claim and a pissed off buyer.