• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neat Piece

Turd in the Pool

Previously RJBGuns00 ;-)
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2006
Austin Texas
Don't know if it qualifies as a sniper but it is vintage. Springfield converted about 1100 Spencer carbines to rifles in 1871. I was lucky enough to help restore one. Hardest part was drilling the ram/cleaning rod hole. After sending this pic to the museum, I busted back the stain and added some orange and blended it. Took it to the field, drug it across some barbed wire and threw it in a brush pile several times. Looked awesome. Wish I had a pic of the final.

Found these at my old stomping grounds. The museum supplied the front band and the keepers. Nose cap I found was pretty bent up but was able to straighten it up. Removed the swivel on the rear band and welded the holes. Turned out ok.

Pretty cool to be able to handle such of a rare piece of history.

Nice :) Maybe some photos with repop, vintage targets, or appropriate era background? Just a thought:)