• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report New Android OS phones not running Shooter/Applied Ballistics correctly

rideHPD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.linkedin.com
I started this after seeing in 2 different threads that people with Galaxy S4s (myself included in this group) and HTC Ones are having issues with these two apps (which are essentially the same at the heart). If you are having a problem with a new phone hopefully this thread can help the less tech-savvy find a solution to their problem and expedite an update to correct this. I'll start:

After running Shooter for a few years now across Droid 1, 2, and 4 platforms I have always generated correct solutions, and now I am yielding very incorrect fire solutions. 9.1 MOA EL to 600 yards with 175 SMK at 2650 FPS MV incorrect. If I return to the prior screen and run it again with the same data the new correction is 7.6/7.7 MOA EL, .6 or .7 alternating with each iteration of this.

Edit: I emailed Sean Kennedy, and he responded that they are working on fixing it.

Last edited:
is this only for newer phones? I am running shooter on a Galaxy S3, due to work and family I haven't been out for a couple of months, but I do have some time scheduled for Saturday.

I think it's just something with the brand new android platforms, just plug something in and check your results against your DOPE if you have any recorded or plug in someone else's input in the shooter or AB threads already in the forum and check the output. If you're close I think it's GTG, these were some really big discrepancies.

Ran a test on 3 Android devices. Asus Transformer tf101 (Android 4.2.2 EOS4), Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7 (Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1). Tested Shooter and Applied Ballistics. I used the data from a 308 and 338LM. With Shooter, the 2 tablets showed the same data but the phone showed lower elevation come ups. With AB, the results were the same between all 3 devices.

More testing will have to be done with other ballistics apps that I have on the devices.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks rideHPD, I went to the S4 less than a month ago, and was waiting to get it before purchasing one of these apps. Let us know what they come up with.

Just to pass along, I went out yesterday and It was working for me and my S3. I didn't have anything recorded before (soon to change) but I was getting 1st round hits at 500(12" steel) with my 24" AR. I was fighting some nasty winds from all directions, 6 - 15 mph. but literally side to side one second head to tail the next, so pinpoint accuracy was all but impossible for me. But the calculations were basically what I remembered nothing off the wall or anything.

There was an update published yesterday for AB that supposedly fixed the trajectory issues, but all the menu functions are gone, and the trajectory/drift/velocity graphs are blank. (tried on both a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 running 4.2.2)

Deleting and reinstalling the app does not restore those functions.

I never had any problems with trajectory on either of my devices like folks using the Samsung S4 and HTC One were reporting.

I'm running a droid DNA, and have no issue.

Anybody up and running in with the new release if Applied Ballistics on the HTC One? Shooter's update us pending but I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Sent from my 6.5 Creedmoor @ 2750 f.p.s.

Any updates to the Samsung s4 problem.mine is way off.

They released a new update to applied ballistics a while back to fix this. I've not seen the same update for shooter yet.