• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Atlas Bipod on the Way, the Updated PSR Model

One BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever ordered, e-mail sent.

Thank you.

First, Thank you for your response! ( I think with this SH intro deal and SHOT sales we have given the controller an ulcer which has to be some sort of success story right?? :) )

So we've been getting questions and requests for pictures of the PSR models, so here are a few pictures that I hope will answer at least some of the questions.

The SHORTER BT46-LW17 is on left

The SHORTER BT46-LW17 is on left

The SHORTER BT46-LW17 is in fore-front

The SHORTER BT46-LW17 is nested inside the TALLER BT47-LW17 (and yes it is cera-coated in a color with what I believe is called FDE, and we have no plans at this time to offer coated ones to the public. Sorry).

We have been asked about all sorts of shipping matters which will be addressed when we contact you for payment and we will contact you for payment when we are ready to ship them out. So no worries, we'll get this done.

Again, Thank you one and all!

Kasey,

Can we get a side-by-side for the BT-46 and a BT-10? As a .308 shooter, this is not necessary in the least, but for some other shooters who either A) like heavy shit or B) shoot a borderline wildcat caliber that they feel would benefit from this heavier/stronger bipod. I am definitely falling into the former.

Thanks,

Bradley

Bradley,
The differences are subtle to the eye, adding more and changing the material of a few components and stopping the leg rotation which seems to be a popular change.
The easiest thing to spot in a photo is the bosses on the front and back of the base, which can be seen in the photos above.

Email sent for one of each. I have been using 2 of the older models for 4 to 5 years now and both have held up very well in the Colorado and Wyoming dirt and am looking forward to using the new bipods with the upgraded features.
21cute.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Kasey, Email sent for a BT47-LW17 PSR Tall Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever

Was just about to order the old model, and ran into this post. Timing they say is everything, or was it good luck?

I wish I had the cash for one for each rifle.........but if I were only able to buy one and use it with different rifles, which model would you suggest. Rifles are a TRG42, 2 Savages (currently with Savage laminate stocks), AR15. I'm guessing the easiest thing would be to install pic. rails on the 3 bolt guns for it to mount to, correct? I know the TRG will be able to use the spigot mount but then I couldnt use the bipod for the other rifles?

I'd like to order one, but it will have to serve several rifles.

Email sent. Ordered BT46-NC PSR Atlas Bipod - No Clamp for Larue 7.62 OBR. Just FYI... the LT171 mount Kasey mentioned is now the LT271 mount when ordering from Larue. Have not received confirmation but still have a couple days to receive... thanks Kasey for the good price!

Email sent thank you Kasey. I ordered the BT47-LW17PSR Tall Atlas Bipod- Lever with ADM 170-S Lever Retail - $339.95 SH Intro price - $320.00 delivered CONUS

Have always wished that the Atlas legs didn't rotate... Wish granted!

Order for two is in the mail...

Thanks Kasey!

Thanks again for the great response and it is our honor to do this for SH members.

graewolf, the Picatinny rail is your friend when it comes to moving a Atlas from rifle to rifle and the ones with a ADM lever make it easy to do so! We offer a BT28 Rail set that will work on your TRG OR you can get the TRG spigot (our part # BT21) and mount the BT20B on the bottom of it resulting in a picatinny rail out front on the spigot. Our BT34 is a short rail that can be mounted to most any stock but anyone's mil-spec rail will work.

The following Atlas bipods use the ADM lever mount -

BT10-LW17

BT46-LW17 (PSR - Standard height)

BT47-LW17 (PSR Tall)

So all you have to do is decide on which model and in the case of the PSR style, which height best fits your needs.

More -

-All of the accessories from the standard V8 Atlas will work on the PSR model - EXCEPT the pouch, it is too short for the BT47 TALL PSR model.

-And please note- The optional feet - BT23 Skis and BT24 Cleats rotate independent of the leg rotation, meaning they can rotate on the NON-ROTATING legs of the PSR.

-Yes, you can order multiple PSR bipods in this offer.

-Again, once these PSR bipods start coming off the assembly line we will contact you, in order that your request was received, to confirm quantities (no additions will be accepted at that time) and a form of payment.

-We will be shipping these as we do all our products so any requests coming from outside CONUS (including APO addys) will be addressed when contacted for payment.

Again, Thank you for your patronage.

And I was just reminded that this Friday, 31 January 2014 at midnight is the cut off date/time for this offer.

Thank you!

Qd keymod mount qd keymod mount qd keymod mount please for the love of god

Bevan, I'm really wanting to love the keymod as I like the smoothness of a rail free forend but a search of Brownells (0), Midway (2 rails) and even Vltor (0) (the company credited for creating keymod as I understand it), I'm finding few accessories. It seems to me that the MO is Keymod then rail then rail mounted accessory. However, my google foo is very weak so please send me links to companies that are selling keymod accessories besides rails.

I have thought about a simple interface between the Atlas NC base and a Keymod so the on/off would require a wrench. The resulting stand-off from surface would be less than having a rail and then a clamping feature on the bipod but more than a direct keymod to forend but the former makes financial sense as the demand for such a direct keymod attachment is weak at this time. In fact, counting you, I believe we have had three requests for such an option.

And while I love God, he has not weighed in on this subject matter in such a way to direct my actions......

Some sort of throw lever for Keymod can't be that hard to make, surely??

KAC sell sling mounts, bandstop type things, flip up sights for key mod (and yes lots of rails)

Noveske sell light mounts, sling mounts

Haley whatever sell light mounts

Misc people sell stuff like Harris bipod mounts, lots of people are introducing KM handguards

I just love my Atlas bipod but hate the idea of having to screw a heavy chunky bit of rail to my nice keymod handguard to use it, so I use the Harris on the AR instead because it only requires one tiny stud through a keymod hole which is muuuuuch less obtrusive when shooting without the bipod

"Some sort of throw lever for Keymod can't be that hard to make, surely??"

I don't know about you, but I'm not that smart!

So for clarity, you want a mount for the Atlas that mates directly to the Keymod forend that can go on/off without tools, right?

"Some sort of throw lever for Keymod can't be that hard to make, surely??"

I don't know about you, but I'm not that smart!

So for clarity, you want a mount for the Atlas that mates directly to the Keymod forend that can go on/off without tools, right?

Absolutely, and with the increasing popularity of the Keymod hand guards there has to be a market for it.

A large part of the appeal of the Atlas to me is the QD capability, as I don't like to carry the rifle with the bipod attached when hunting etc - only attach when required.

Gotcha, so what would you be willing to pay for such a QD keymod mount (no bipod, etc).

And Eric with Vltor is a pretty smart guy so I really want to believe that he is working on something like that... I'll check with ADM and see if they are working on it. I cant get my head wrapped around the mechanics to do what needs done right now as I have visions of bipods floating in my head! :)

There have been industrial shelving using the exact same keyhole(just bigger) for years. A qd mechanism is simple, same as the shelves and links, push-button or lever. I expect there will be many designs soon.

Gotcha, so what would you be willing to pay for such a QD keymod mount (no bipod, etc).

And Eric with Vltor is a pretty smart guy so I really want to believe that he is working on something like that... I'll check with ADM and see if they are working on it. I cant get my head wrapped around the mechanics to do what needs done right now as I have visions of bipods floating in my head! :)

Similar to the ADM or Larue QD throw lever mounts for rails, etc would be appropriate??

I have a couple of ideas in my head already for how it could be done and I'm no engineer. It'd be really good to see it as an option.

Wow! Been gone for a few days and almost missed this. Thanks Kasey. I'll send an e-mail for my second Atlas in the morning.
Skip

"There have been industrial shelving using the exact same keyhole(just bigger) for years. A qd mechanism is simple, same as the shelves and links, push-button or lever. I expect there will be many designs soon."

From what I've seen these shelves are assembled by inserting a round lug into the round section of the keyhole and pressing down, gravity takes over from there.... I thought I had something, started noodling through it found a fatal flaw, led to another approach, fatal flaw two.... No joy. keeping the thickness to no more than a lever mount yet needing to be in the middle of it to tighten it down....

"Similar to the ADM or Larue QD throw lever mounts for rails, etc would be appropriate??

I have a couple of ideas in my head already for how it could be done and I'm no engineer. It'd be really good to see it as an option. "

Seems you two guys are seeing the light and I'm blind, running radar and hitting the wall! I need to focus on the 4 projects at hand for now, sorry. But I'm glad you have something in mind, I hope however you see it being tensioned to the forend, that it is adjustable.

Any links to current QD Keymod offerings would be appreciated as I would like to be able to adapt the Atlas to a QD keymod.

Email sent. Thanks for the offer. I can't wait to get my hands on an Atlas.

LAST CALL!

Offer is closing at midnight tonight, 31 January 2014 CST.

More -

We are not accepting payment now, we will contact you for confirmation and payment when we have the PSR's assembled and ready to ship.

ANY and all changes to your request can be made during that contact.

From earlier post -

"Parts are being made, on top of our normal production, so we are looking at second quarter delivery time-frame. Once we have units assembled and ready to ship SH members will be contacted for payment in the same order as received. After three unsuccessful attempts, your information will be put to the back of the stack."

(Second quarter means as late as 30 June 2014 for these to be ready to deliver, so please be patient.)

And again, if you want to cancel or make any changes please do so when we contact you for conformation and payment.

Thank you to one and all for your support and I hope you like the PSR variant.

Just sent in my e-mail. Love my original BT10-NC. So now I wait on this and the X-Ray Chassis and hope I can resist getting a new barreled action in the meantime. :)

Thanks Kasey!

Never had the pleasure of handling an atlas before but am trying to decide which models to get with this deal.

Are the lever mounts end-user removable to make it into a NC model?

I.E. If I order a lever mount version And then my Ai AT shows up can I remove the lever to affix it onto the spigot adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

"Are the lever mounts end-user removable to make it into a NC model?" - YES (adding the ADM lever to a BTXX-NC (No-Clamp) become a BTXX-LW17 (Lever With 17)

"I.E. If I order a lever mount version And then my Ai AT shows up can I remove the lever to affix it onto the spigot adapter?" - YES OR you can simply add a rail under the forend OR add a rail (our BT20B) to the Spigot (our part BT19).

Hope that helps.

I'm out so again, thanks to one and all and we'll be in touch!

Have a great weekend!

Finally got my email in. Thanks for this awesome offer Kasey! Been saving up for an Atlas for my Tikka build so this was perfect!