• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Atlas Bipod on the Way, the Updated PSR Model

WOW!

I am absolutely floored by the response, Thank you!

Everyone that sent an email should have gotten a "Thank you!" reply. We will now get the list filed in a way to be able to contact you within 48 hours of shipping your order for confirmation and payment.

I'll continue to use this thread for any announcements regarding these bipods.

RomeoAlfa - "What kind of date are you expecting this to hit the retail market?"

Still projecting by the end of the second quarter.

herofish - I got nothing, is it me or the link?

For clarity, the PSR model bipod is a proven design, we are not in the T&E stage, it works, it is finished and is now in production and has already been produced, shipped and fielded in a limited way. We decided to offer these to the civilian market while we for sure knew we could as we might not be able to do that continuously moving forward. So regardless of what happens between now and the delivery of your PSR bipod(s), any contractual obligations will not take priority over these claimed by SH members, we'll increase our production capabilities first.

Again, Thank you!

So regardless of what happens between now and the delivery of your PSR bipod(s), any contractual obligations will not take priority over these claimed by SH members, we'll increase our production capabilities first.

It good to hear this! Can't wait...

WOW! I am absolutely floored by the response, Thank you!

Hey Kasey,

Out of curiosity, have you calculated yet how many of us took you up on your incredibly generous offer? I totally understand if you don't want to say, as I said, I was just curious, seems this could have ended up being one of the more successful "group buys".

Thanks again for putting it together for us.

bogeybrown, We received well over 200 requests from SH members, we don't have a count on the total number of PSR bipods requested, but I did see one that requested 7 of them! All of that far exceeds my expectations which I'm thankful for and acknowledge it for the blessing it is.

bogeybrown, We received well over 200 requests from SH members, we don't have a count on the total number of PSR bipods requested, but I did see one that requested 7 of them! All of that far exceeds my expectations which I'm thankful for and acknowledge it for the blessing it is.

That's awesome. SEVEN? Did I "outsmart myself" by ordering ONE with a QD lever so I could move it between rifles?
I can't thank you enough for the gracious offer to not only make these available to us at a discount, but to offer priority over contractual obligations.

Hey Kasey , I hope you had fun with the Chinese copy at the SHOT show. It really is a piece of crap . I will continue to try and take down the fakes for you .
Let me know if you need another tester on the heavy. I have the Ashbury and the Cheytac that will put it through it's paces for you .

Greg

pyrofx, that was great you brought that by, George (GAP) suggested we suspend it over the counterfeiter's sign so it got a lot of attention!

BTW, by the end of the show, both feet had the "rubber" come off, the position pin came apart, the legs would not hold length position and more!

So again thank you,

And the biggest offender is Amazon, they don't care if fakes are being sold through their website.

Facebook.... ask a twelve year-old about navigating it as I'm a total rookie!

AGAIN - this offer is closed, sorry, it ran through January 31, 2014 at midnight.

I have made a few exceptions but the controller is getting frustrated with me so no more!

And no I'm not posting this because of those I made exceptions for, I made that decision, but I do need to keep the peace!

Thanks!
That's pretty cool, (I recognize that carpet!!) using the centrally located grip as the means to tighten it to the hand guard is a solid approach. Not sure how to do that with a bipod though.

It looks like the "base" is about .75" thick, a rail/clamp is about .50". So no gain there except a "cleaner" look.

Here is the challenge, it has to be at least 4 key mod holes long and have the means to tighten into two of them, without tools. And somewhere on it is about 1.60" of bipod interface.

I remain interested and baffled!

Thanks!
That's pretty cool, (I recognize that carpet!!) using the centrally located grip as the means to tighten it to the hand guard is a solid approach. Not sure how to do that with a bipod though.

It looks like the "base" is about .75" thick, a rail/clamp is about .50". So no gain there except a "cleaner" look.

Here is the challenge, it has to be at least 4 key mod holes long and have the means to tighten into two of them, without tools. And somewhere on it is about 1.60" of bipod interface.

I remain interested and baffled!

The gain would be being able to remove/attach the bipod quickly, without having a big lump left on the nice slim/smooth key mod tube....

I will try to draw up what I've got in my head, I don't have CAD software or anything and I'm not a graphic designer haha

So am I right to see that there will be a PSR model exactly the same size as the current atlas, but with non-rotating legs? The other features are nice, but this is one thing that bugs me with the current atlas.

Bevan that sounds good.

And I misunderstood your priorities, as I understand it now you don't care how much further off the handguard the bipod sits when attached it's being able to clear the handguard when removed....

lennyo3034 - that is correct the PSR BT46 series is same size as the BT10 series only it has non-rotating legs among other modifications.

And I misunderstood your priorities, as I understand it now you don't care how much further off the handguard the bipod sits when attached it's being able to clear the handguard when removed....

Yes, I don't want a stupid rail section remaining on the nice smooth/light handguard. The standard Atlas is a little too low for anything except bench use anyway when fully collapsed so a little extra height wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Bevan, okay well that helps, I have an idea I'll try to model it up when time allows.

So we are still getting requests for this offer WHICH HAS EXPIRED. While I truly appreciate the interest, it's been closed three weeks and our productions numbers are in play so we will not be accepting anymore requests. Sorry.

Also, any and all special requests, change of models or address will be addressed when we contact you for payment.

And we are still on target for starting deliveries late second quarter.

Last, Thank you one and all!

Hi Kasey,
So what is your suggestion on ordering this awesome bipod now? Do we just wait until it shows up at the retailers by the end of second quarter? No other place that we can "pre-order" and get it the same date as the shops? :rolleyes:

tqlcvnch, funny I just signed on here to update this thread and I find a brand new member making their first post! Thank you for your interest and as they say, timing is everything! Well at least on getting an answer, not so much for getting in on the SH offer that is now closed.... Sorry. I know several of our dealers are signed up for these bipods, I'll not mention any nor address the subject of any of them taking pre-orders, that is their business. Here is our dealers page, Dealer Listing And we are still on schedule for late second quarter for shipping of the first run.

We have been surprised at the response to the PSR bipod, very surprised, in fact our first three production runs are spoken for. And no, I wont say how many are in a run but will say all of the SH pre-orders have priority and will ship from the first run as well as the dealers that signed up for them, giving priority to those dealers that are currently taking monthly allotments and spoke up first for the PSR's. The first ones are scheduled to start shipping late in the second quarter.

Again, thank you, the SH community for all of your support and patronage.

Finally, we are still on schedule for shipments starting late in June.

Thank you for the information, Kassey. Midway is having a February coupon right now that makes me so tempted to order the current model (with ADM mount) with the $45 off code. Don't know if the new model is worth the extra cost & wait time.... :(

Thank you for the information, Kassey. Midway is having a February coupon right now that makes me so tempted to order the current model (with ADM mount) with the $45 off code. Don't know if the new model is worth the extra cost & wait time.... :(

If you get $45 off of the ADM model you can easily sell it here at no loss when you find one of the new ones to buy, if you choose to.

Thanks, redirt78. I'm debating hard on this now. It's difficult to buy one now when you know an improved version is coming in June :(

Herofish, your video states that the PSR version is made of 7075 aluminum instead of 6061. Kasey said otherwise in the beginning of this thread. Has there been a change?

evilcoon - old design? if you mean V8 yes that is all we are currently shipping and we do not currently have plans to replace the V8 with the PSR.

RM579 - that statement was made by a B&T employee and is correct in that the inner legs are 7075 aluminum. I'm not sure where you are referring to a previous post by me contradicting this, but do apologize for any confusion I might have caused.

Update - we remain on schedule for the standard BT46 PSR deliveries starting late June. And yes I'm making a distinction between the standard, BT46 series and the Tall BT47 series because of the demand for the standard BT46 series meant we had to keep that machine making more standard legs than what we projected the need would be BEFORE the SH deal was made. In other words, I decided to run additional BT46 legs on that machine rather than stopping and switching over to the Longer BT47 legs then going back to the BT46 legs needed. I know in doing this I am letting everyone here that ordered a BT47 down and I apologize for that and will try to make it up to you some way. We are getting a good eta on the longer BT47 legs and will post it up here ASAP.

Also, due to some recent positive developments we are not making any predictions on availability of the PSR bipod to our civilian dealers. So you guys that got on-board will get them before they are available anywhere else.

Last, this offer is over. So please do not email us asking about inclusion. I have accepted late comers by putting them on the "stand-by" list so if anyone that said they wanted one changed their mind or we could not contact them, the bipod would be offered to first come first served on the stand-by list. As of today that list is CLOSED as well.

So with all due respect, please no more "is it too late" emails.

Thank you.

So despite having posted in this thread multiple times (about the hopefully-forthcoming key mod QD mount...) I only just noticed that there's to be a new 7-13" Atlas - awesome. I want one - I find that the standard model I have right now can be a little short in field positions and I have to use the leg extensions more often than I'd like.

Guys I want to update you on the PSR bipods.

We are on schedule for delivery to start on or BEFORE June 30 for the BT46 standard length PSR's and MAYBE the taller BT47's.

So the plan is to call the phone number provided by you to get your payment information. If you don't answer, we'll leave a message and follow-up with a email to the email address you provided. Anyone we leave a message for, we will try again the next business day and again on third business day. AFTER three attempts your name will be rotated to bottom of stack and you will not be contacted again by us until we gone through all other names including those on the stand-by (if you are deployed, no worries we will take care of you).

AFTER we go through that list, IF there are any bipods that were declined, we'll start though the stand-by list on a fist come first served basis.

So let this serve as your notice to get your payment plans in order.....

Also, as far as additional PSR bipods, we are getting the taller BT47's out next for this offer while production continues on the BT46's however, of the production for the BT46's I am not sure how much will be available to the civilian market in the coming months. Our goal is to make them available ASAP.

AGAIN, THANK YOU!!!!

Kasey, is there any way we can pay now? Waiting isnt a big deal/concern, just be nice incase something happens to know we're still all set

Hi Kasey,

I'm up for this as well and sure this would be a popular option!

I've got some travel coming up and it would be nice not to worry about missing contact when you're ready for payment.

Thanks again for making the new bipod available! Really looking forward to it!

All the best,
Bob

There is a chance that I may be out of the country when you call, if that happens end of June, would love to be able to prepay

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You guys are busting my balls here! LOL

So get ready for another disappointment-

We are not going to do pre-pay just for the simple fact I'm already on thin ice with my co-workers on this deal due to the logistics of it. So PLEASE allow us the opportunity to get this deal done in a timely fashion.

AND - here's the deal, if we miss you, we'll honor this offer to you for up to a year. Fair enough? (I'm just digging myself a deeper hole.... LOL)

D
You guys are busting my balls here! LOL

So get ready for another disappointment-

We are not going to do pre-pay just for the simple fact I'm already on thin ice with my co-workers on this deal due to the logistics of it. So PLEASE allow us the opportunity to get this deal done in a timely fashion.

AND - here's the deal, if we miss you, we'll honor this offer to you for up to a year. Fair enough? (I'm just digging myself a deeper hole.... LOL)

This is why I love your Co. aswell as the products you provide. Thank you