• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Member, New to the bolt gun game

TDizle

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2013
Charleston, SC
Hello, ive lurked on here over the last year or so and finally signed up.
I'm a champion pistol shooter and instructor, mostly use carbines and pistols. Been shooting since i was a little kit with my Dad, and finally got a bolt gun. I picked a stock Remington 700 AAC-SD that i got brand new for a local shop.
I started by lapping in the lugs and throwing away the Hogue stock. Im running the Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist stock, Weaver 20MOA picatiny mount, American Defense QD Mounts holding a Bushnell Elite Tactical 5-15X w/Mil Dot.
Im looking forward to getting more range time and understanding the precision long range world. Its very different than im used to.

thanks guys! The mount will get sorted when i get new glass. I have a cheek riser on it now that makes it very comfy.
Also i noticed that with the higher sight over bore that my hold overs are less than with the optic right on the barrel. Does this seem correct? I was playing around with my ballistics calc.