• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Navy SEAL Book

Slapchop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
New York
Anyone get a chance to read this one yet? Its called Warrior Princess and it's about a transgender man/woman who served in the SEAL teams, including ST6. Interesting to see what the reaction from SF and Navy SEAL community is going to be. Regardless, this person has served our country proudly and deserves the same recognition as any other honorable veteran.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

transgendernavysealrele.jpg
article23355031a21f09c0.jpg

A former Navy SEAL has written a book about the 20 years that they spent in the elite squad before living life as a woman.
Kristen Beck was called Chris while she served in the famous Navy SEAL squad, one team of which gained international recognition for being the ones who killed Osama bin Laden.
As Chris, Beck served for 20 years in SEAL team 6 and retired just months before the May 2011 raid on bin Laden's compound.

During her time in the military, Beck went on 13 deployments- including seven in combat zones- and earned both a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star.

Now she is detailing her multi-year process in transitioning from living life as one of the world's most highly-skilled soldiers to that of her female personality that feels like more of a matched fit to her mental and emotional personality.
Beck has penned a book with the help of Anne Speckhard called 'Warrior Princess' and attempts to explain the need for her transition.

'Chris really wanted to be a girl and felt that she was a girl and consolidated that identity very early on in childhood,' Ms Speckhard told ABC News.
The book was released over the weekend, and addresses how she dealt with living as a man in order to continue to serve her country.

Transgender individuals are not allowed to serve in the U.S. military, as that right was not included in the recent overhaul of the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' laws that now permit gays and lesbians from serving in the armed forces.

'For years Chris had turned off his sexuality like a light switch and lived as a warrior, consumed with the battle -- living basically asexual,' the book reads. 'For Chris the other SEALs were brothers and in the man's man warrior lifestyle, even if he had wanted to entertain sexual thoughts, there really was never any time to be thinking too much about sexuality.'
Beck is now promoting the book as she pursues her new career as an activist and public speaker.
She has created a garden in the backyard of her home in St. Petersburg, Florida and is opening it up to returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan in an effort to help calm them as they return to civilian life.
'Sitting in my back yard or at my fishpond I no longer feel anger, resentment or depression; I feel peace. I want to give this option of a "peace garden" to my veteran brothers and sisters,' she writes on the group's website under her old name of Chris.
'We fought on the battlegrounds for freedom and the American way of life, now it’s time to be welcomed home to a "Healing Ground."'

Say what you say, she is one bad hombre. She could be my neighbor any day. Would be glad to have her as part of the neighborhood watch.

Last edited:
He served for 20 years in Seal Team 6 and did so honorably before becoming a she. She doesn't owe anyone a damn thing. Dues are paid in full.

I agree with my future neighbor. ;)

WOW..... agree with above posts one bad ass dude/chick/ whatever, he/she can live next to me as well... bmf for sho prob will read it should be a good book

Good for her, and good for you all who respect her decision. First class

Last edited:
Odd that everybody agrees on this one. Almost never see that.

I wish her good luck. It takes a lot of guts (I would say balls, but...you know) to do that, and to live your life as one would please.

I just hope she doesn't face discrimination and goon squads, but something tells me she'll be able to handle that.

If it was Green Beret or Ranger I'd be shocked, but Navy...

I'd like to hear what teammates have to say. The guys I knew in high school that made the most gay jokes or put on women's clothing to be "funny" were the ones who came out of the closet later in life- as if everyone didn't already know.

He served for 20 years in Seal Team 6 and did so honorably before becoming a she. She doesn't owe anyone a damn thing. Dues are paid in full.

20yrs SEAL Team 6????? Hardly. 6 was disolved many years ago and replaced with DEVGRU. Fantasies of the News Media brought 6 back.

Yeah same here. Thanks for the service but this worlds already gone to hell in a handbasket, this just confirms it even more.

What possible harm is this causing anyone? Liberty - it's the freedom to make personal choices. He did. It makes absolutely no difference to you whatsoever. Learn to tell the difference between a moral issue and your own bigotry.

The fact that this guy had identified with a different gender from an early age and not only controlled it but went on to excel in possibly one of the most extreme definitions of being a man is astonishing. Couple this with her continued desire to help out those who serve I see nothing that shows this individual contributing to the demise of the world.

What possible harm is this causing anyone? Liberty - it's the freedom to make personal choices. He did. It makes absolutely no difference to you whatsoever. Learn to tell the difference between a moral issue and your own bigotry.

The fact that this guy had identified with a different gender from an early age and not only controlled it but went on to excel in possibly one of the most extreme definitions of being a man is astonishing. Couple this with her continued desire to help out those who serve I see nothing that shows this individual contributing to the demise of the world.

I never said it's doing any harm. It's actually IMHO doing some harm but my opinions are purely religious based, which cannot be discussed on this site, thats why I didn't further comment or elaborate. Again, I appreciate the service to the country but I still think the guy is sick in the head and has issues.

Last edited:
20 years of service in the SEALS?
She can shit on my lawn and wipe with my drapes, Ill ask her if she needs more.

Maybe she will get into MMA, and we will finally have a match for Chris "cyborg" Santos or Fallon Fox. UFC can make a new "she used to be a dude division".

A person so troubled w/ their own identity should've never been put in a position of national security, and no book needed to be written about it; other then their drive for personal gain! Many serve, many deserve respect, and many don't write books!

A person so troubled w/ their own identity should've never been put in a position of national security, and no book needed to be written about it; other then their drive for personal gain! Many serve, many deserve respect, and many don't write books!

She/he is no different in her/his writing endeavor than the countless Navy SEALs or SF operators that have penned books, starred in major motion pictures or consulted in video games. A lot of these guys want the recognition, want that pat on the back. Not all of them follow the motto "silent professional". A part of me thinks that they've pretty much earned the rights to tell their story though.

It does raise the question how her/his teammates would have reacted after having found this out mid deployment? Being that she/he was already a seasoned operator within the best of the best, would they have seen him/her differently knowing all the facts?

Last edited:
I guess some don't mind their turn in the barrel

That's hilarious. You should tell all his former brothers-in-arms that one and your associated views. I'd guess you'd end up wishing you were in barrel if it meant they'd leave you alone.

Y'know, a big part of me is saying that this individual has more than earned himself/herself the right to do whatever 'they' want. If their interest was to get 'hair and horn' implants and go as a goat, then who are we to say otherwise.

I dunno, I just see this as something different than the average "flamboyant flaunting" and audacious "in your face" regular crap that society has to deal with way too often.

Did any of that make the sense I intended?

Y'know, a big part of me is saying that this individual has more than earned himself/herself the right to do whatever 'they' want. If their interest was to get 'hair and horn' implants and go as a goat, then who are we to say otherwise.

I dunno, I just see this as something different than the average "flamboyant flaunting" and audacious "in your face" regular crap that society has to deal with way too often.

Did any of that make the sense I intended?

I'm not sure that I can agree. I see it as a low key venture down the same ally. With all due respect I could care less if he was the highest decorated warrior in history there's no way I could offer my "support" for something that goes so strongly against my beliefs. That being said his decisions are his own and would never affect me until someone in the future tries to convince my son that because a Navy SEAL did it, it should be accepted. Society doesn't just asked to accept crap like this, instead it tries to promote and recognize it and there lies the problem. Yet another role model that will be used to further degrade our society. Which all of that could have still happened without a book or public statement from him.

I'm not sure that I can agree. I see it as a low key venture down the same ally. With all due respect I could care less if he was the highest decorated warrior in history there's no way I could offer my "support" for something that goes so strongly against my beliefs. That being said his decisions are his own and would never affect me until someone in the future tries to convince my son that because a Navy SEAL did it, it should be accepted. Society doesn't just asked to accept crap like this, instead it tries to promote and recognize it and thereG lies the problem. Yet another role model that will be used to further degrade our society. Which all of that could have still happened without a book or public statement from him.

100% agree, could be ghandi himself and I wouldnt support that of which goes against my belief system. And yes that's what's great about our freedoms we all can have our own beliefs, mine just happen to believe this is sick and wrong as two trannies bumpin uglies. Oh and this doesn't mean that I don't respect Pat for serving.

<------D 1-9 Manchu biotch

I wonder if all the anti war folks out there, a large portion of whom are big supporters of gays and lesbians, will take the opportunity to spit on this person and call her a baby killer? Wonder if they'll say she's just a mindless war machine of the pigs or some shit like that? I'm guessing probly not. Thanks for the service and hopefully she'll keep in mind the company she keeps as far as people that have agendas.

100% agree, could be ghandi himself and I wouldnt support that of which goes against my belief system. And yes that's what's great about our freedoms we all can have our own beliefs, mine just happen to believe this is sick and wrong as two trannies bumpin uglies. Oh and this doesn't mean that I don't respect Pat for serving.

- Applaud his service. But wonder if all the support he is getting would be the same if he was just a run of the mill private/ cook.

- Individuals who deal with these severe identity issues relating to sex have a very difficult time. Personally and inter-personally.

- Would not buy the book but he has absolutely every right to write-sell- promote the book and his story. As long as he isn't hurting anyone else. I don't care what his sexual orientation/identity is.

Trans-gender people are viewed as pariahs by most and its a tough situation for them

Last edited:
- Applaud his service. But wonder if all the support he is getting would be the same if he was just a run of the mill private/ cook.

When was the last time a Navy Cook deployed and killed a man? ~ You know, aside from a Steven Segeal movie.

While I understand your point, 20 years in the Navy as a SEAL is much different then 20 years in the Navy, as a cook. -- I'm not attempting to diminish a cook's service but, they are on entirely 2 different planes of commitment.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if this individual was a transgender WHILE serving because they're still actually serving and doing so, well enough to have a 20 year career.

I agree w/the rest of the guys...I'd be proud to have this person as my neighbor...

When was the last time a Navy Cook deployed and killed a man? ~ You know, aside from a Steven Segeal movie.

While I understand your point, 20 years in the Navy as a SEAL is much different then 20 years in the Navy, as a cook. -- I'm not attempting to diminish a cook's service but, they are on entirely 2 different planes of commitment.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if this individual was a transgender WHILE serving because they're still actually serving and doing so, well enough to have a 20 year career.

I agree w/the rest of the guys...I'd be proud to have this person as my neighbor...

I agree he would be welcome as a neighbor, possibly even a friend. IMO its irrelevant whether he deployed or not. Killed enemy in battle or not. Commanded a carrier battle group or swabbed a deck.

His history of service and nature of that service makes this story interesting. My point is, be it professional athlete, great humanitarian- or philanthropist, I hope that the support for his change of sexual identity is not SEAL/or military service dependent.

TONIGHT ON CNN:
.@AC360 Tonight: Transgender Navy SEAL speaks to [MENTION=7673]Anders[/MENTION]oncooper – 8 and 10pm on #CNN

Kristen (formerly Chris) Beck, a former SEAL team leader speaks with Anderson Cooper about her decision to undergo gender transformation surgery on tonight's AC360.

Video and transcript available after the show.

Last edited:
Got to keep an open mind..will probably read the book...just what makes someone like this tick???

Well.
What is sad about him and others like him, is he is still a male. He may have cut off his dick, had an artificial vagina made, and takes tons of female hormones, but he is still a male, genetically. He is a male with severe identity problems, and gender mis-identification, a man who hates what he is so badly that he cut off his dick.
So how many of you guys who want him to move in next door are going to hit it?

Agree, sick and wrong, dont care what he did. Transgendered? bullshit made up word, he is a dude. Just more made up bullshit so people can sleep better at night and not feel the stigma they earned.

She/he is no different in her/his writing endeavor than the countless Navy SEALs or SF operators that have penned books, starred in major motion pictures or consulted in video games. A lot of these guys want the recognition, want that pat on the back. Not all of them follow the motto "silent professional". A part of me thinks that they've pretty much earned the rights to tell their story though.

It does raise the question how her/his teammates would have reacted after having found this out mid deployment? Being that she/he was already a seasoned operator within the best of the best, would they have seen him/her differently knowing all the facts?

I have to point out that NYPD officers have also wrote books, and consulted on many TV, and movie projects.

My view is...so fucking what? The whole 'silent professional' motto shouldn't mean that some of the best Americans this country has, should have to be content with a crappy paycheck, and sometimes zero financial support after their service, because someone outside of their realm doesn't feel that they are adhering to THEIR own standard.

Who the fuck will help with the finances after a person leaves the service? The VA?

Would I write a tell-all book about it? No. Would I admonish, and disrespect, another person, through the public spotlight, who probably saved my ass, and I his, and had a pretty good understanding with him that we would have each other's back? Fuck no.

As for his teammate's viewpoint, that is their viewpoint, and nobody elses. If they want their view to remain private or public, then they should at least have that respect given to them, with no public pressure given on why they should or should not. It's not right to say "Oh, I don't think that XYZ member of XYZ unit would like that."

I have to point out that NYPD officers have also wrote books, and consulted on many TV, and movie projects.

My view is...so fucking what? The whole 'silent professional' motto shouldn't mean that some of the best Americans this country has, should have to be content with a crappy paycheck, and sometimes zero financial support after their service, because someone outside of their realm doesn't feel that they are adhering to THEIR own standard.

Who the fuck will help with the finances after a person leaves the service? The VA?

Would I write a tell-all book about it? No. Would I admonish, and disrespect, another person, through the public spotlight, who probably saved my ass, and I his, and had a pretty good understanding with him that we would have each other's back? Fuck no.

As for his teammate's viewpoint, that is their viewpoint, and nobody elses. If they want their view to remain private or public, then they should at least have that respect given to them, with no public pressure given on why they should or should not. It's not right to say "Oh, I don't think that XYZ member of XYZ unit would like that."

True, but for the most part NYPD cops don't have access to top secret information or deal with matters involving national security. These guys take an oath to do what they do and to do it from the shadows, in the dark of night. I would say that most of them adhere to those ethos but as always, there are those that need to tell everyone else how great they are. Or in this case, how confused/conflicted they are. Personally I think its tasteless but every circle has its attention whores.

You don't convince me that all these guys are doing it for the money either. I think that most of them do it for the celebrity status that you and other fanboys have imposed upon them. While I'm fully aware of how paltry a military salary can be, I'm also VERY aware that after your service is done, one can go on about getting a fucking job, just like everyone else that serves and gets out honorably. This holds even more true for a person possessing the skill set that a 20 Navy SEAL veteran has.

I have no problems with how a person chooses to live their life, regardless of how depraved I think it is. I take issue though when this person wants to cram their lifestyle down everyone else's throat as if it were the "norm" and everyone else has to accept it. That is the main problem with faggots and trans this trans that. They are so desperate to seek approval, yet they go about it in the wrong ways. Do whatever you wish behind closed doors but don't flaunt it in everyone's face. I don't want or need to know about it. How many Heterosexual pride parades do you see nationwide? I've never heard of one but at every corner you go, you have half naked fags dancing down the streets on rainbow colored floats. Why is that? Wonder how much damage he's done to his family, his kids by "coming out". Also, I'm a bit disgusted that the VA is using taxpayer money in order to give this guy hormone therapy but that is a whole different topic.

I am grateful for his service as he did it for a long time and served honorably but he has put yet another nail in the coffin. Our morals and values are quickly being eroded and stunts like this only serve to further that erosion.

Agree, sick and wrong, dont care what he did. Transgendered? bullshit made up word, he is a dude. Just more made up bullshit so people can sleep better at night and not feel the stigma they earned.

There is no clearly understood or universally agreed-upon cause for gender identity disorder. However, most experts agree that there may be a strong biological basis for the disorder.

The sex of a human baby is determined by chromosomes. Males have a Y chromosome, in addition to a X chromosome, while females have two X chromosomes. The Y chromosome contains a gene known as the testes determining factor. This gene causes cells in an embryo to differentiate and develop male genitals. Embryos without the testes determining factor continue to develop undifferentiated as females.

The newly formed male testes release significant quantities of male hormones during the third month of pregnancy, further enhancing male differentiation. This sudden surge of hormones occurs again in males sometime between the second and twelfth week after birth. It is important to note that there is no corresponding feminizing hormonal surge sequence observed in females at this age.

These facts provide the biological basis for gender identity disorder. Male hormonal surges must occur not only in sufficient amounts, but also during a short window of time to cause masculinization of the developing infant. If there is insufficient androgen, the hormone primarily responsible for masculinization, or the surge comes too early or too late, the developing infant may be incompletely masculinized.

Disruptions of hormonal surges may come from a variety of sources. A partial list includes a disorder in the mother's endocrine system, common maternal stress , or maternal medications or some other toxic substances yet to be identified.

Recent post-mortem studies conducted on male-to-female transsexuals, non-transsexual men, and non-transsexual women show a significant difference in the volume of a portion of the hypothalamus that is essential for sexual behavior. While further investigations are needed, these initial studies seem to confirm that one's sense of gender resides in the brain and that it may be chemically determined.

In addition to biological factors, environmental conditions, such as socialization, seem to contribute to gender identity disorder. Social learning theory, for example, proposes that a combination of observational learning and different levels and forms of reinforcement by parents, family, and friends determine a child's sense of gender, which, in turn, leads to what society considers sex-appropriate or inappropriate behavior.
Symptoms

The onset of puberty increases the difficulties for people with gender identity disorder. The subsequent development of unwanted secondary sex characteristics, especially in males, increases a person's anxiety and frustrations. In an effort to cope with their feelings, some men with gender identity disorder may engage in stereo-typical, or even super-masculine, activities. For example, a man struggling with the disorder may engage in such "macho" sports as wrestling and football in order to feel more "male." Unfortunately, the result is usually an increase in anxiety.

Read more: Gender identity disorder - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, examples, person
Gender identity disorder - children, causes, DSM, functioning, therapy, adults, examples, person

This guy can do whatever the hell he wants; he doesn't owe an explanation to anybody. While I would never do what he is doing, this is still America and he still has a choice. However I do see that this guy will be championed for the LGBT community and used for political and social gain.

Ah the old 'my beliefs' bullshit. It's always fun to see people cherry pick 'beliefs' to justify their ignorance or prejudice. At least Turk hasn't tried to hide his bigotry behind the edicts of an imaginary friend to whom people seem to only half listen to.

Ah the old 'my beliefs' bullshit. It's always fun to see people cherry pick 'beliefs' to justify their ignorance or prejudice. At least Turk hasn't tried to hide his bigotry behind the edicts of an imaginary friend to whom people seem to only half listen to.
EH,
My problem isn't w/ him being transgender; it's w/ him, and I stress "hım" bringing the Navy Seals into it! He wanted to come out in grand fashion and be in the spotlight, so here you go! Eventhough I wonder if he'll do any "book signings" the best thing for us to do is not buy his books and not give him the attention that he so much craves. If he can find happiness looking like Frankenstein in a short skirt and high heels so be it. It's his life; at one time he was a part of a "team"; but now I guess his needs come first! There is right and wrong; there always has, and always will be! And deep down if you believe he did the right thing for this countries future; so be it! I personally would rather have a better role model for future generations.

Last edited:
EH,
My problem isn't w/ him being transgender; it's w/ him, and I stress "hım" bringing the Navy Seals into it! He wanted to come out in grand fashion and be in the spotlight, so here you go! Eventhough I wonder if he'll do any "book signings" the best thing for us to do is not buy his books and not give him the attention that he so much craves. If he can find happiness looking like Frankenstein in a short skirt and high heels so be it. It's his life; at one time he was a part of a "team"; but now I guess his needs come first! There is right and wrong; there always has, and always will be! And deep down if you believe he did the right thing for this countries future; so be it! I personally would rather have a better role model for future generations.

+1o characters

So I'm considered a Bigot because of my religious beliefs? I don't hate the guy, I don't bad mouth him, I wouldn't bash him, I wouldn't turn him away if he was in need of help. I just feel he has some major identity issues and its morally wrong in my eyes. Seems your the one that's a Bigot seeing as you feel the need to make ignorant comments about someone elses religion.

Last edited:
So I'm considered a Bigot because of my religious beliefs? I don't hate the guy, I don't bad mouth him, I wouldn't bash him, I wouldn't turn him away if he was in need of help. I just feel he has some major identity issues and its morally wrong in my eyes. Seems your the one that's a Bigot seeing as you feel you need to make ignorant comments about someone elses religion.

You hold the guy as a prime example and cause of why this world is going to hell. That's more than saying you think he's morally in the wrong. And besides, there's the more central tenet of don't cast judgement and place blame until and unless you're also judged. Hence the cherry picking.

Turk - you say he was part of a team but now he's out for himself. What the hell do you want from this guy? 20 years in service not enough for you? You ignore the support he has from his former CO and teammates. That count for nothing? You determine there's a right and wrong and always has been - well, whose definition of those terms? Yours? Some of our founding fathers had slaves, and bastard children with those slaves and it's not a stretch to assume the sex and conception was without consent. You want to say our country was going to hell from that point on or are you just concerned with two men fucking being the downfall of this country and willing to excuse kidnapping, rape and children out of wedlock?

This whole 'I'm in a position to judge' is the primary threat to this country. We, on this forum, are a collection of individuals who share one thing, the love of the gun and the knowledge and appreciation of what having access, use and ownership of the gun means - the chance to have, to hold and exercise freedom. There are millions in this country who view us as morally reprehensible, veritable killers of children and complicit in every death by gun. They profoundly believe they know they are right and we are wrong. Yet, we have, so far, the Constitution that declares, defines and protects our rights as individuals to have guns. That same Constitution puts the rights of the individual before anything else - including YOUR beliefs, YOUR moral code, YOUR views of right and wrong. This man and now woman is pursuing her right to happiness and while no more entitled to it than any other American, she is certainly no less entitled to it then anyone of this thread choosing to look down their noses at her.

I have no gay friends, I don't work with any gays and I don't have any views on the practice of homosexuality as being either positive or negative to society. It's just people fucking and that's nothing new in the history of the world. You can get all worked up about it but then, there are others who would view the Unmotivational Pictures thread on this forum and hold THAT as the reason why this country is going to hell.

On the issue of the book - you are all a bunch of two-faced pricks. I didn't hear a goddamn one of you whining and passing judgement on Chris Kyle about his book and his marketing of it as a former SEAL yet somehow another SEAL who also wrote a book and who I believe (but may be mistaken) actually served longer than Kyle, is a selfish, sell-out, self-promoting asshole because he happens to also want to be a woman. Where's your outrage over Kyle, Turk? Did I miss yours or SlurpCock's disgust over Kyle's shameless sell out and his refusal to be a 'quiet professional'? No-one here has read the book, no-one knows the contents or the tone and yet many are already determined that it's an 'in your face' gay promo-piece. The fact is, so long as it's legal and not in contravention of the law and secrecy agreements he signed then it's perfectly legal. How many here didn't watch Act of Valor because they didn't want to see 'State secrets' being divulged? How many here have never read a book by a Tier One operator because they don't like kiss and tell books?

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights in particular exist because it recognizes that there are those who want liberty for themselves and shackles for their neighbours. It seems more than a few here are happy to be moral jailers based on a self-appointed superiority - I call it Feinsteinism. And as for you SlurpCock calling this veteran a faggot, you're no better than that piece of shit Fred Phelps.