• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner T5Xi Tactical Rifle Scopes

What would be the advantage of the scr over the msr? They (Steiner) are making the MSR thinner but I would like to hear from someone who would know how they both operate and how they would compare to one another. Thanks.
SCR reticle seems less cluttered than the MSR reticles in my S&B scopes. Will have to use it for ranging before I can really judge it!

Hurry up, we need and want these now! Hopefully it'll be early September and not the end of the month! Wouldn't it be nice if they pulled a fast one and released them late August!

This is a very long thread so excuse me if this ? has been asked ! , how do these scopes hold up to heavy recoil ? . I know they are too new to evaluate , but they are supposed to be every bit as good as the military Steiners . Will it stand up to my 300WM with 210 grain bullets ?

Is Burris building and handling warranty service work on these scopes for Steiner or are they just the U.S. distributor for Steiner?
Are the military line Steiner scopes sent back to Germany for warranty service?

Thanks

Is Burris building and handling warranty service work on these scopes for Steiner or are they just the U.S. distributor for Steiner?

Thanks

I could be entirely wrong, but my understanding is that Steiner now has a US division that moved into the Colorado facility who will warrant their work from their.

This is a very long thread so excuse me if this ? has been asked ! , how do these scopes hold up to heavy recoil ? . I know they are too new to evaluate , but they are supposed to be every bit as good as the military Steiners . Will it stand up to my 300WM with 210 grain bullets ?

If a SS fixed 10 or an old school Mark 4 will hold up on a 50bmg single shot bolt gun you can bet your ass ANY Steiner scope will do the same.

Thanks

They are separate entities that share a production facility. Both companies are owned by Beretta.

If a SS fixed 10 or an old school Mark 4 will hold up on a 50bmg single shot bolt gun you can bet your ass ANY Steiner scope will do the same.

That's what I thought ! , but you read a lot of shit others post about this and that happening with their rigs ( usually not magnums ) and begin to wonder . As soon as the MOA version comes out I'll get one , unless G7 makes a BR2 available in MIL before that time .

In my humble opinion IF Burris has ANYTHING to do with these new steiner tactical scopes then there will be a lot of disappointed folks... I hope this is not the case

Last edited:
What is the weight of the 1-5 and what reticle is going to be used? Illuminated?

Thanks

Not sure of the weight. bdc reticle. Illuminated. True 1x.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In my humble opinion IF Burris has ANYTHING to do with these new steiner tactical scopes then there will be a lot of disappointed folks... I hope this is not the case

I disagree. Burris has been making great products lately, given the price and target market. I'd be a lot more concerned about both optics companies' ownership by Beretta, which seems to be the most bungling conglomerate in an industry lousy with bungling conglomerates. It's like they want to eliminate the Tikka T3 from all serious consideration...

Why? Brand elitism?

Burris and Steiner are both owned by Beretta, I believe.

I spoke with Burris customer service yesterday and asked a few questions about these and the military line. Mainly because I was going to get a military 5-25 MSR but now I'm holding off to see these hit the market.

From Burris CS:
They are rated to 50 bmg

Didn't know how much elevation adjustment the 5-25 will have.

(But checked a 5-25 military and it only had 19.5 mils of travel on it)

They are built in the building next door.

He has only seen the prototype just like everybody else at Burris.

If I buy the SCR reticle scope, can I have a MSR reticle installed later? No

No date on when they will be released, but mid sept is target pending inspection.

No time on when the MSR will be available either.

Based on that I will be getting one, but I won't be getting one of the first ones. Only because I want the MSR.

Why? Brand elitism?

Burris and Steiner are both owned by Beretta, I believe.

Prior experience with Burris scopes... was about 10 yrs ago or there about. Perhaps things have changed with burris but I am not willing to gamble

Currently all my rifle scopes are leupold and swarovski

Prior experience with Burris scopes... was about 10 yrs ago or there about. Perhaps things have changed with burris but I am not willing to gamble

Honestly, you could say the same thing about Bushnell's quality 10 years ago, now look what they're doing. All you need is a change of thinking (or management)at a company for them to stop manufacturing garbage.

once burned its hard to go back... will see how the new steiner tactical scope does... I am in no rush to jump out and be a guinea pig

Made a quick exploratory call to Steiner customer service today. Burris rep answered the phone. I said that I had technical questions about a Stiener scope at which point the customer service rep said that the phone connection was bad and he couldnt hear me. It was clear as a bell on my end (land line to land line). Service rep said to email question (all the while saying he couldnt hear me). Instead I emailed my phone number with a note to call me. That was early AM. Never heard back. Something about it all didnt feel right.

Last edited:
Made a quick exploratory call to Steiner customer service today. Burris rep answered the phone. I said that I had technical questions about a Stiener scope at which point the customer service rep said that the phone connection was bad and he couldnt hear me. It was clear as a bell on my end (land line to land line). Service rep said to email question (all the while saying he couldnt hear me). Instead I emailed my phone number with a note to call me. That was early AM. Never heard back. Something about it all didnt feel right.
Come on man, really? Was he making static sounds with his mouth too. Lol

What's your question? I'll be happy to answer it for you?

Last edited:
OMG, so much pre-emptive BS! It's all just talk til they become available. I remember way back when Burris was the best scope I owned, then Leupold, and then Bushnell. None we're complete trash and all were taken care of by warranty, though Leupold took excessively long time. My binoculars are Steiner and I have never had any issues (10+ yrs). We can't all afford S&B or Hensoldt, thus this new Steiner line may be the greatest scope avail. I think one should hope for the best avail at a certain price point instead of putting 'em down based on past performance. The Tier 1 guys here (incl the owner) will give honest reviews with factual info.

The elevation available is limited by the double turn turret (exactly the same as a Schmidt or any DT knob). 24 makes more sense to me, but the Steiner rep told me 23 today while I was sitting in his office, unless I misheard him. Depending on your load, zero distance, and base MOA, you could have 0D/23U (32U in reality, but limited by the DT turret) , or 9D/23U (still limited to - 0.2 by the zero stop) or somewhere in between or less up because not enough cant in your base. He told me they are recommending 13 mil/45 MOA bases instead of 6/20s.

Last edited:
I will surely pre-order the 5-25 if the MSR is a go. Will it be illum you think? Made in the USA with the MSR at a DO-ABLE price...NICE.

The elevation available is limited by the double turn turret (exactly the same as a Schmidt or any DT knob). 24 makes more sense to me, but the Steiner rep told me 23 today while I was sitting in his office, unless I misheard him. Depending on your load, zero distance, and base MOA, you could have 0D/23U (32U in reality, but limited by the DT turret) , or 9D/23U (still limited to - 0.2 by the zero stop) or somewhere in between or less up because not enough cant in your base. He told me they are recommending 13 mil/45 MOA bases instead of 6/20s.

That's still confusing. So if I run a 40moa base and wind up at the bottom of the available 32 mils of travel, I can still only dial up 24? If that were the case why bother with the canted base? Or is it to allow full use of the 24 mil double turn turret? If its centered in travel I'm out of travel at 15 without the base, so you add the cant to allow the full 24? In other words to get max elevation you need to zero 8 mils below center of travel?

'only' 24? Most are needing 13 mil Spuhrs to get full up (30ish) with the German scopes. Remember almost half is down from the factory.

Last edited:
'only' 24? Most are needing 13 mil Spuhrs to get full up (30ish) with the German scopes. Remember almost half is down from the factory.

I have a couple rifles that need some glass, I'm evaluating the available travel in regard to a 338LM for ELR, so the more the merrier. 24 is a bunch for sure, just getting a feel for what the max is.

24 mils takes me to 1940 yards per my kestrel with current conditions with my 6mm Creedmoor. There isn't a match that I have ever shot where a 10mil per Rev optic ever went to the second turn. I think 24 mils of usable elevation will surfice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And 2070 with a 338lm with a 100 yard zero. If I'm doing elr I'm not going to have a 100 yard zero so again still plenty..

24 mils takes me to 1940 yards per my kestrel with current conditions with my 6mm Creedmoor. There isn't a match that I have ever shot where a 10mil per Rev optic ever went to the second turn. I think 24 mils of usable elevation will surfice.

Good for you. Frank is talking about a match with targets to 2500yds and your 6mm will do well against 375s and 50s I'm sure. If it works for you, great, I'm asking questions specific to a task I'm considering. I was asking questions of the Steiner guys who have some hands on time with the optic, I wasn't looking for opinions from the peanut gallery as to what I need. I know what I need, I know what I want, and I'm curious if this is a good fit or not. Do things your way and I'll do things my way. I don't think I've been to a big match that didn't go to a second turn, does that disprove your experience or invalidate the purpose behind a question of yours? No, it doesn't. I appreciate the attempt to help amidst the little shots you tossed in along the way but I know what I'm after, thanks.

RJ, do any of you guys have one on a rifle at the monthly CRC matches? I got a quick peek at the prototype Martin had at the Cup but I wouldn't mind a little more in depth look at one.

No way I would bring that little 6mm to a match like that. That's an elr style match which might not be what this optic is made to. Exell out or maybe it would. I was specifically talking about prs matches. I'll bring out a 338 or 375 Allen Magnum (when I get it) if I'm going to be shooting to 2500 and the gun won't be zeroed at 100 yards which is the point. With a 500 yard zero It's less than 20mils for the 375AM.

No way I would bring that little 6mm to a match like that. That's an elr style match which might not be what this optic is made to. Exell out or maybe it would. I was specifically talking about prs matches. I'll bring out a 338 or 375 Allen Magnum (when I get it) if I'm going to be shooting to 2500 and the gun won't be zeroed at 100 yards which is the point. With a 500 yard zero It's less than 20mils for the 375AM.

I hear what you are saying, but I prefer a 100yd zero because its immune to temperature swings affecting the zero, and we get some significant swings in Colorado. I don't want to get it zero'd at 65 and go shooting the next morning and and its quite a bit colder and have to deal with a zero shift from muzzle velocity changes. The benefits of this have been enumerated by many more skilled than me. Again it comes back to preferences, yours will be different from mine, I'm trying to see what uses I can put this scope to good use on with regard to my preferences.

It may not be the best choice for ELR, that's fine, I may stick it on my own tactical match gun, but I don't know till I ask, that's what I'm doing. Wasn't trying to be a dick earlier but its been a long day and I was looking for some answers to questions I had not the whole "just use a 600yd zero" approach. I know I can, I'm just trying to see if its necessary.

I hear what you are saying, but I prefer a 100yd zero because its immune to temperature swings affecting the zero, and we get some significant swings in Colorado. I don't want to get it zero'd at 65 and go shooting the next morning and and its quite a bit colder and have to deal with a zero shift from muzzle velocity changes. The benefits of this have been enumerated by many more skilled than me. Again it comes back to preferences, yours will be different from mine, I'm trying to see what uses I can put this scope to good use on with regard to my preferences.

It may not be the best choice for ELR, that's fine, I may stick it on my own tactical match gun, but I don't know till I ask, that's what I'm doing. Wasn't trying to be a dick earlier but its been a long day and I was looking for some answers to questions I had not the whole "just use a 600yd zero" approach. I know I can, I'm just trying to see if its necessary.

Fare enough. I can see some people needing all of that elevation or more for certain shooting.

No, we don't have any samples or prototypes yet. Small chance I could talk Sky into bringing one to the Raton Team Match this weekend this weekend if you will be there.

No, we don't have any samples or prototypes yet. Small chance I could talk Sky into bringing one to the Raton Team Match this weekend this weekend if you will be there.

I'd make the drive if I had the weekend off which, of course, I don't =/

Looking at switching assignments later this year or early next so I can make it to more of these matches.

I disagree. Burris has been making great products lately, given the price and target market. I'd be a lot more concerned about both optics companies' ownership by Beretta, which seems to be the most bungling conglomerate in an industry lousy with bungling conglomerates. It's like they want to eliminate the Tikka T3 from all serious consideration...

People said the same thing when Bushnell came out with the HDMR, and look how that has changed people's perception of bushnell.

I am not sure if this has been asked about the SCR reticle yet, but I dont feel like reading through the entire thread.

On the 5-25 model, when at maximum magnification, are the one tenth mil scales on the reticle still visible? It appears as though they would be, seeing as they are closer in to the center (and they are still visible in the reticle picture that is at max magnification). For those of you who have the new Gen II Vortex Razor 4.5-27 with their EBR 2C reticle; is it possible to use the one tenth mil scale at the edge of the reticle at max magnification?

5-25XSTEINERTACTICALSCR.jpg

No changes that I know of as of yet.

Last edited:

You're making statements like this as if Steiner is new to the game. Hardly the case...I remember reading a post several months ago (not sure if it was the Hide) that was speaking of companies who have manufacturing outside the US but who also enjoy a nice market in the US as well. In order to overcome many import taxes and such, they end up establishing a manufacturing facility in the US. Because the import tax no longer applies, the products are then brought to the end user at an even better (read "cheaper") price.

I'm not sure this applies with the situation, but it sounds appropriate. Furthermore, I know this would allow them to service scopes in the US, not needing their customer (or them) to pay for international shipping rates.

I'm looking forward to peering through one of these. I like that SCR reticle.

I hope that this is a great scope like those of german made quality but I wonder if it will be more like a nightforce in a similar price range.. we would all like it to be a $3K scope with a $2K price tag...time will tell

Seems like Cabelas has their listing all mixed up between the Steiner Military line (which the specs, reticles, photos, and prices seem to line up with) and the Tactical line. At least, I hope that is what happened, since if the price of the 5-25 Tactical jumped from sub 2k to 3k I am going to be pissed and buy a Vortex II.

Perhaps the image is of a 4-16 but IF you actually scroll down and actually look once you get to that page... lists 3 scopes one version in 3-12x56 and two versions in 5-25x56

LOL

Steiner Germany Tactical 34mm Riflescopes : Cabela's

The tactical/military are both the same German-made scopes.

Last edited: