• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Vortex Razor Gen II Rifle Scopes (Images, Spec, Etc)

Will they come with a Sunshade or an option to purchase a Sunshade? I also heard that there is an option to add MTC to the scope after the fact as a factory send back.

I like the new knob design and the overall reticle layout. I'd put the elevation numbers at the end of the brackets though instead of beside the hash marks. That's going to obscure targets on left wind holds if you're using the reticle for hold overs and it takes away a wind dot at each mil.

I for one, requested the numbers be put where they are now. When operating a scope under pressure and having to use multiple elevation holdoffs during the course of fire having a number close to the hash is more important to stay focused on the target and holdoff versus having to glance off the side to see if your 3.5 mils over versus 4.5.

If your just shooting targets with no time issues, give yourself a few 10ths on the windage and shoot.

Cheers

If these scopes are really good, this will be an almost unbeatable scope. I am a Vortex fan, so I know I am biased. It looks as if they have really been listening to folks' wishes.
*Could* be a huge shot across the bow to the big boys.

I can't wait to see some reviews from folks who get their hands on one.

I agree with others....I hope they offer black. At least ht finish doesn't look as weird as it does on the current Razor.

Why would a reticle design place the holdover numbers *right next to* the vertical crosshair?

Nevermind, I guess most people never holdoff left between .3 and .6 mrad... :rolleyes:

The 1-6x is heavy so it makes sense that theses are too... who cares. They look good and if the 1-6x Razor is any indication, I expect really great things from these 2 new scopes.

It's all relative,

My first thoughts when I first received my old 1-6x. The glass was amazing though, if the glass is as good or better than these will def be winners. I dont know if I will be selling my current mk6 for one of these but in the future I will def pick up either a 3-18x or 4.5-27x. Im liking the latter for a future bolt gun!

I think I'm going to ditch my nightforce f1 and buy one of their 4.5-27x ones for my OBR. I really REALLY like what I'm seeing so far.

Any word on whether they'll be any changes to they're spotting scopes. I'd like to see them with an MRAD ranging reticle.

I talked to them about this. I would love to see one also. They are not sure there is a market for an FFP reticle spotting scope. I assured them that many people would love one.

Why would a reticle design place the holdover numbers *right next to* the vertical crosshair?

Nevermind, I guess most people never holdoff left between .3 and .6 mrad... :rolleyes:

If you look, the redesigned it over the EBR2b, and the numbers are right on the .2 mark and smaller so they're not really in the way anymore

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I can't decide between this and the new 52mm march coming out. All I know is s&b and some of other big dogs like premier are in for some trouble if scope manufacturers keep making scopes this great! I'm impressed

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem, I do have to say I like the Razor HD a lot. I have used Swarovski, Zeiss, and a few others not hardly as good but this Razor impresses the hell out of me especially for the price. I have not had a chance to see the Viper series of spotters...

OH and by the way the 3-18 and 4.5-27 are looking like a homerun for Vortex... I cant wait to see what people think about them!

Wow. I had no idea details were released. Looks amazing! Do all of them have illuminated reticle or just the 1-6x24? I see an extra knob next to the parallax adjuster.

Last edited:
Can't wait! Was planning on a NF F1, but now will prolly go with the 3-18, get a reticle with wind holds AND save about $250!!

Are the scopes shown in "desert tan" or is this some other color? I would like to find a scope like the 1-6 in FDE

Those are some heavy weights! I will be getting one of the 4.5-27's as soon as they are released.

As a Vortex fan and current Razor user, I'm super excited about the 3-18x. It looks like the reticle on the EBR-2C is even finer than the EBR-3, which makes me happy -- hopefully it is still usable at the lower magnifications. Just the idea of a more "compact" Razor is certainly exciting as well.

I've also been excited about the 1-6x Razor for a while, but not so much with the JM reticle... so super excited to see a mil version offered. I may have to build a rifle just to put one on :)

This thread is going to cost me money. I like the new knob design over the giant elevation knob on the 5-20 and in my pursuit of a 1-6 the lack of a mil reticle had put me off from the razor. I foresee a 4.5-27 atop my DTA in the future.

I believe these prices are actually "street" prices, because if you look at big name retailers such as Optics Planet the 1-6 is showing a price of $1399 and that's what the price on one of these threads is showing. That changes the equation a little as the current RAZOR (Which I have and REALLY like as it's probably my best optic) being $500 cheaper than the 4.5-27x56.

Looks like a badass scope and love the reticle. Are they trying to see how heavy they can make a scope!?!?

Depleted-uranium-alloy scope tubes have the following benefits:
-reticle always glows (no battery needed)
-scope can be used as a handwarmer when needed
-scope tube shields user from radiation up to 10kr/min
-scope is impact resistant up to 40mm Bofors @2500fps
-installing scope on rifle reduces recoil by 50%
-Vortex "lifetime" warranty extended to 4.5B years

Thoughts:

1) The glass on the Gen II 1-6x released last year was significantly better than on the previous razor 1-6x. If these follow that pattern they will be offering incredible clarity at that price.

2) Glad somebody is willing to brave the wrath of the falcon God to offer a decent Christmas tree. It's still a bit more finely graduated than I would like but its something.

3) I won't complain about the wart removal on the illumination control and I like the shorter elevation turret.

4) Big 6x magnification range.

5) Yea, that weight is a really big turn off.

I'm keen to see one of these scopes in the future...

BEAST vs Razor HD Gen 2... thats the dilemma, but at least I have time to think about it.

I would like to know why the Vortex weighs a whole pound more than most NXS riflescopes.

Yeah, I would really, really like to hear that the weights are a misprint... so this would be the coolest $2k scope, instead of the amazing Staballoy antitank penetrator that just happens to have some lenses down the middle.

It was just as heavy as you imagine it would be, but the glass was damn good! Hard to tell how good when looking through it in an artificially lit hotel ballroom, but appeared to be plenty bright given the "conditions". I currently have more than 1 Razor. It has been my favorite scope. Compared to the March 3-24 though, you can get just as good of glass, if not better, at half the weight, for a few hundred more. It will be a hard decision when I decide to upgrade in the future.

Yes the scope is on the heavier side but really is 10 ounces going to make that big of a deal in a tactical/precision rifle? Not for me. The scope was very nice. Like mentioned glass looks good but tough to tell inside. Reticles were very good as the other Vortex offerings. The knobs were very nice. Easy zeroing and knob zeroing and the locking turrets are nice. All in all i think Vortex has a winner. I plan on picking up a 4.5-27 when they are available.

Yes the scope is on the heavier side but really is 10 ounces going to make that big of a deal in a tactical/precision rifle? Not for me. The scope was very nice. Like mentioned glass looks good but tough to tell inside. Reticles were very good as the other Vortex offerings. The knobs were very nice. Easy zeroing and knob zeroing and the locking turrets are nice. All in all i think Vortex has a winner. I plan on picking up a 4.5-27 when they are available.

The 4.5-27 is 48oz? Please tell me I am wrong...Looking to sell my Leupold MK6 3-18 for the 4.5-27x but kinda hesitant if it is a pound and a half or more. Excuse me because I have been sipping on a few glasses of some single malt scotch hehe. Really I want one of these 4.5-27x I think they will be the cats meow at MSRP $2499 which means about $2300ish street value. This will be going on my REPR and we all know AR10s are pigs so the lighter the merrier.....unless I get a DTA that may expectantly come my way.

Yup right in that area.

That 4.5-27 would be about perfect on a rifle when extra weight is desired!

Also the value is very good, especially compared to those $4000+ scopes coming out!

New Vortex Razor Gen II Rifle Scopes (Images, Spec, Etc)

I really want a 4.5-27 ffp MRAD for my Tikka. It may be time to pull the trigger on a new scope!

Can anyone who has looked through one tell me if they have fixed the eye relief issues of the earlier model?

I had one and while I loved the optical clarity, I really struggled with finding the right eye relief when run n gunning. Off of barricades and shit it was really tough to get the eye box right.

When I look through the Gen II 1x6 its like POW!!! In your face high definition wide screen TV. Obviously I know that is a lot easier to get when its a 1x6 but if the Gen II 4.5 x 27 is tracking along that same eye relief then it will be a winner in my book.

Vortex is awesome about listening to what people want. Rugged as hell, great optics, outstanding price point and superbly functional. Let other companies worry about releasing overpriced scopes with flip switchy thingamabobs.

The eye box on the earlier 5-20 Razors was fixed with a new eye piece. These new scopes are more like the 1-6 than the 5-20s from what I have seen of them at SHOT. Obviously not exactly like the 1-6 as the power range is different but the eye box is very good.

Also to add for people wondering when they were going to be available. Nothing is set in stone yet but they are hoping to be shipping them sometime in the next 2-5 months. Not too far off. Start saving your pennies! ;)