• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

non-drowsy non-cotton mouth motion sickness aids?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
myself and a couple buddies are takin our wives blue water fishin in a couple weeks and the broads are all scared of getting sea sick. understandable concern as none of them have been out there before. dramamine works like a champ but its knock you out. the patches also work great but everyone i know that has used them complained about the severe dry mouth. i'm trying to find something to help them out with to harsh of side effects.

Re: non-drowsy non-cotton mouth motion sickness aids?

i'll try it out. thanks. i've got alot ridin on this trip. the wifes take on the trip is gonna determine if i get a bay boat or a blue water rig.

My daughters get air sick and both swear that the accupressure braclets help.

the sea sick patches work well. Ive got a buddy that cannot ride in a car without getting sick, he always has to be the driver. You can wear one patch for up to 4 days, shower in it, sleep in it and so on. They are by prescription only though....

He wears them when we road trip anywhere. Seem to help him out quite a bit

Cutting the dramamine in half works for me on choppy seas in anything from 40' and smaller(I love sailing the Aeolus yacht, but man I miss Carlos my 'blood brother' who got killed on a bike back in '87. What I taught him on bikes he taught me on the ocean in that (his adopted parents) racing sloop. Never had a friend been so good, and never had a father thought so highly of an adopted brother

Re: non-drowsy non-cotton mouth motion sickness ai

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggernometry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try bonine. It's the most effective, least drowsy motion sickness stuff I've found.

http://www.bonine.com/
</div></div>

best stuff out there. If you use dramamine take it or
this the night before. Don't eat greasy food although
comes up easier.

I don't know about sea sickness but ginger cookies are what you give pregnant wives for upset stomach so I suppose in a way it should work for sea sickness. Just that it is more of an inner ear problem with sea sickness. But worth a try. Bring ginger snap cookies with you and hit from all sides

Its part mental too. If you think you will you will. So take a product and be confident and it will work. Even if its a tic tac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the m700 project</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its part mental too. If you think you will you will. So take a product and be confident and it will work. Even if its a tic tac </div></div>

thats not entirely true. i've been caught on crew boats, 150' -210 footers, comin in from offshore in 15-18' seas for a hours at a time and never got sick. took a charter trip with some buddys, 1-2's all day on a 63'sportfisher and got sick as a dog. sometime the conditions are just right, diesel fumes, a few beers, a lil hangover..ball game

We have been using this for about 5 years with our charters.We have had very few people it didn't work for and it seems to have almost no side effects. If you know you are prone to seasickness I recommend taking any of them the night before as well as when you depart.The statement about its all in your head... well we've had dogs chummin on the boat.Best of luck i dont wish SS on anyone.

http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/qxp16152_333181_sespider/marezine/for_motion_sickness_tablets.htm

Bonine or Dramamine II (the less drowsy formula) are both meclizine. This is also the same as the prescription drug Antivert. You can buy the generic 25mg meclizine in any pharmacy and get 100 of them for about the same or less than 8-15 tabs of the brands and it will work just as effectively.

Part mental? Stick with the drugs.