• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a new black 6.5 Creedmoor Wintac/Bartlein take-off barrel they wanna sell me? Please send a PM.

How about a 6cm?

Ammo is ALOT cheaper. And ballistics are more better. It’s what Zane uses

giphy (5).gif

Lads,

What magazines / followers are you running for 6BR in the AT-X?
And, did you need to make any tweaks?

I've had a couple of nose dives in my AW + HRD mags on the last 1 or 2 rounds.
Haven't tweaked any springs or feed lips yet.

108gr ELDM in Lapua brass.

It shoots amazingly well, have only had 200 rounds through the new barrel and maybe 5 stoppages, so something I'd like to get on top of.

6BRmag.jpg

Lads,

It shoots amazingly well, have only had 200 rounds through the new barrel and maybe 5 stoppages, so something I'd like to get on top of.

View attachment 7991664
I'm running AX mags with HRD spacers with 6 Dasher. I have 3 mags setup with spacers and they all work the same. As long as I close the bolt with some speed they feed reliably. If I run the bolt forward slowly the last round can nosedive like your image.

Attachments

• 1667673755600536557574912041256.jpg
    1667673755600536557574912041256.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: 96C and POGPride
Lads,

View attachment 7991664
Hi mate, I’ve been running HRD kits in my AT-X chambered with 6BR. Put 280 rounds through it without a single feeding issue. Had a comp last weekend and didn’t miss a beat. Besides the kit itself, all I did to fix feeding with 6.5CM & the BR (which I’m sure you know) is open up the top of the mag to match the bottom right near the rib in the middle. Cheers And same AW mags

• Love
Reactions: craigos and 96C
Lads,

View attachment 7991664
Also running the HRD kit in my AX and aw mags. No issues with the AX mag. The AW mag did have issues before in my AX/AO set up but so far in the ATX no issues. I can measure the feed lips and let you know what mine are at for reference.

• Love
Reactions: 96C
What measurements did you give EI? I keep forgetting to order a few of their dovetail mounts
The key one was 46 mm or 1.835” from top of barrel to the Arca rail flat on the bottom. I think that could be a little higher as you see from the photos. Dale said he'd keep the measurements on file for the next AT-X customer.

Reactions: BurtG
Torch to heat it up, or a soldering gun with a pointy tip. Heat until you think it's good then try it.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
What is the safest way to remove the rail from the action? Screws seem like they might have loctite on them. Thanks
Yeah. Make sure you also have the right size hex head. (Metric). I hit mine with a little mini pen torch for a few seconds to heat up the screw and they came right out but had to learn the hard way on the first one. 🤦‍♂️😂

Reactions: BurtG
Thanks for the info. Got the right size wrench but it wasn't moving. I will put some heat to it.

Finally got my ATX put together. Two questions:

Which full length top rail do I need for the fore end?

What mag extension works best for these mags? MDT? 419?

Thanks View attachment 8093355
Sexy. As far a mag extension, you’re probably going to wanna stay away form them. The AX/AW mags have welded base plates so unless you wanna cut it out just leave it.

Finally got my ATX put together. Two questions:

Which full length top rail do I need for the fore end?

What mag extension works best for these mags? MDT? 419?

Thanks View attachment 8093355
What height is that mount at? Was looking at something similar but was unsure how it would end up looking/functioning

Sexy. As far a mag extension, you’re probably going to wanna stay away form them. The AX/AW mags have welded base plates so unless you wanna cut it out just leave it.
Nothing a grinder can’t take care of. I made some 14 round mags using an altus base plate. Gotta be careful to leave the ears on the main body but it can be done successfully

Nothing a grinder can’t take care of. I made some 14 round mags using an altus base plate. Gotta be careful to leave the ears on the main body but it can be done successfully
Yeah I’ve Seen it down by a few, I just don’t like messing with it on that sense. Would prefer to just do a mag change or grab a spare round from my holder.

Has anyone attempted to bond one of these actions? I know they do t have to be. If anyone has, do you need the washer/ spacers ? Thanks

Has anyone attempted to bond one of these actions? I know they do t have to be. If anyone has, do you need the washer/ spacers ? Thanks
If you bond that action, and then later break off screws it will be a very expensive repair. Bonding isn't needed and we don't recommend it. You have four screws securing the action with at least 2X depth to diameter thread engagement which is more than 4X the thread holding you have with any of Rem 700 pattern actions.

If you bond that action, and then later break off screws it will be a very expensive repair. Bonding isn't needed and we don't recommend it. You have four screws securing the action with at least 2X depth to diameter thread engagement which is more than 4X the thread holding you have with any of Rem 700 pattern actions.
Scott,

Any guesstimate on when the 6.5CM AX mags will start hitting the distributors?

Reactions: DSPrecision
For those interested in real-world results, these are five-shot groups at 97 yards off a bench. Best group was .25 MOA worst was .63 MOA and a five group average of .443 MOA. First group was a freshly cleaned barrel and fouler founds.

Attachments

• 99B2DD53-6CC5-4FDC-A173-46C74DEFBC37.jpeg
    99B2DD53-6CC5-4FDC-A173-46C74DEFBC37.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: matt33 and BurtG
For those interested in real-world results, these are five-shot groups at 97 yards off a bench. Best group was .25 MOA worst was .63 MOA and a five group average of .443 MOA. First group was a freshly cleaned barrel and fouler founds.

Need to get those tightened up

Reactions: alfmoonspace
Does anybody know if an AIATX will fit into any of the MDT chassis or rather does anybody know what the footprint is of the action?

I like MDT, but the ATX is a better chassis for that rifle as it sits the action lower, and the Center of Gravity is down...

Even if you put a different Action in an ATX Chassis it sits different

Compared to an MDT you will 1/2" higher overall
IMG_1116.JPG

You can see the bolt on the MDT behind it

I would replace an OLDER AI before I replaced an ATX, I have an AE at MPA being replaced

I like MDT, but the ATX is a better chassis for that rifle as it sits the action lower, and the Center of Gravity is down...

Even if you put a different Action in an ATX Chassis it sits different

Compared to an MDT you will 1/2" higher overall View attachment 8143341

You can see the bolt on the MDT behind it

I would replace an OLDER AI before I replaced an ATX, I have an AE at MPA being replaced

Damn!

Swooping in with them x factors you get from experience!

Got a new barrel and wanted to see how changing from one to another effects POI. I installed the 308 barrel and it was @1.5" low and @1" to the left at 100yds. Put the factory 6.5 barrel back on and it was spot on as before. Given the differences in the 2 rounds, this seemed acceptable to me but I had no idea what to expect. Wondering what others have experienced?

Got a new barrel and wanted to see how changing from one to another effects POI. I installed the 308 barrel and it was @1.5" low and @1" to the left at 100yds. Put the factory 6.5 barrel back on and it was spot on as before. Given the differences in the 2 rounds, this seemed acceptable to me but I had no idea what to expect. Wondering what others have experienced?
Every barrel will be different but most of mine are within 1.5" of one another

Reactions: POGPride
My Proof CF barrel (6CM) is ~2" above and 4" right of my original 6.5CM AI (WinTac) steel barrel. Both shoot accurately enough my 6.5CM is definitely more accurate. Got a new 6.5 steel and a 308 steel on the way and we will see which of first 2 is the outlier.

But yea idk if it matters if you are aware the deviation just crank the dials when you switch the barrel. Ive found that repeatability of EVERY part of the ATX to be amazing. Spuhr mount ZCO scope but I take that off pic rail and the return is sub 0.15mil every time, same with barrel swapping. clean vs not.

The ATX system is a fucking dart once broken in (IME).