• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burt,
I see this garbage about every day with panels and switch gear. Things that need to be torqued aren’t and everything else that should be removable … ain’t. This is going to take someone with a lot higher skill set than mine 🤬

Last edited:
Let me be clear, this is not an issue from the factory, but from an individual who removed the action and then over torqued the bolt.

Reactions: BurtG
Well, everything is apart and test fitted with the action. Cerekote next weekend…. The saga continues after my wife found the action screws stuck to the bottom of the paper plate…. In the trash 🗑 I am truly being tested…

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Is anyone running an Elite Iron bipod on their AT-X? I shoot prone 70% of the time and the rest from a bench (when the back starts hurting). Do the regular legs work from the bench, or do I need the short ones? Any tips on configuration, panning vs. non? I'm currently using an Atlas PRS and the biggest issue with that one is the (lack of) locking mechanism, it's impossible to get the thumbwheel tight enough to prevent it from moving.

Reactions: BurtG
Is anyone running an Elite Iron bipod on their AT-X? I shoot prone 70% of the time and the rest from a bench (when the back starts hurting). Do the regular legs work from the bench, or do I need the short ones? Any tips on configuration, panning vs. non? I'm currently using an Atlas PRS and the biggest issue with that one is the (lack of) locking mechanism, it's impossible to get the thumbwheel tight enough to prevent it from moving.
If you like the atlas except for the tension, this makes a huge difference.

If you like the atlas except for the tension, this makes a huge difference.
Just ordered that, thank you. Have you used the Elite Iron?

I hated the panning atlas.

Atlas cal, thunder beast or elite iron is my choice.

Normal elite iron works good.
I was shooting downhill here you can put the legs forward as shown.
7A3145B0-AEC7-4682-9549-030E53FCDC57.jpeg

Biggest downside is you can’t slide it back for rests that aren’t so long.

784123B4-0F32-4A31-9788-CD10E6CBE944.jpeg

I hated the panning atlas.

Atlas cal, thunder beast or elite iron is my choice.

Normal elite iron works good.
I was shooting downhill here you can put the legs forward as shown.
View attachment 8223832

Biggest downside is you can’t slide it back for rests that aren’t so long.

View attachment 8223839
I love the idea of the EI, I just wish they had the leg design similar to the Atlas PRS. The EI looks to be kind of limited in its use.

Reactions: PRDRIVER and BurtG
Anyone know why at-x are on sale? Any word on a gen 4?

Everyone from AI and AI distributors we have talked to have said there is no new generation or new rifle driving the sales.

Not even a wink wink nudge nudge type of response. Have no reason not to believe them as they have never lied to us before. Usually if it's something coming down the pipe, but manufacturer doesn't want to hurt their current sales, they will allude to it in conversation with dealers and such.

Sale appears to just be a way to help large distributors move product.

Everyone from AI and AI distributors we have talked to have said there is no new generation or new rifle driving the sales.

Not even a wink wink nudge nudge type of response. Have no reason not to believe them as they have never lied to us before. Usually if it's something coming down the pipe, but manufacturer doesn't want to hurt their current sales, they will allude to it in conversation with dealers and such.

I thought I heard the at-x was going to replace the at line. Don’t might be a way to get users into the new style rifle to get the word out there. Also these are being ran around the clock on CNC equipment that pumps out chassis now that they just bolt in the action assembly after cerekote. They streamlined some processes no bonding time and no welding required. So they are able to produce these faster. By getting the price lower it allows a shooter to maybe save a bit more and buy a ai instead of a remage style rifle.

Reactions: TheBigCountry

But why would euro optic discontinue the ATX then vs just saying out of stock?

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
But wouldn’t you just say out of stock?
Mile high has them just going out of stock as they sell. Eurooptic told me quarter 1/2 is when they will get a restock on ATX. I’m highly debating the elite sand 6.5 from Mile High but that Black 6cm from Eurooptic is $300 cheaper without tax.

Last edited:
Mile high has them just going out of stock as they sell. Eurooptic told me quarter 1/2 is when they will get a restock on ATX. I’m highly debating the elite sand 6.5 from Mile High but that Black 6cm from Eurooptic is $300 cheaper without tax.
I have the elite sand color it’s nice but I’m chipping it up on the Arca rail but that happens

Is it time to buy or time to wait and see what happens?

Exactly my point. I don’t know the firearms industry like I know others, but usually only see price drops like this happen when new shits coming. Cars, snowboards, clothing.. just a few examples.

either way you spin it, these companies are going full seppuku on their earnings. Idk what they’re buying for from AI but that’s at least compressing your margin 20-40%. That seems material to me and the mosaic theory says something new is coming.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Exactly my point. I don’t know the firearms industry like I know others, but usually only see price drops like this happen when new shits coming. Cars, snowboards, clothing.. just a few examples.

either way you spin it, these companies are going full seppuku on their earnings. Idk what they’re buying for from AI but that’s at least compressing your margin 20-40%. That seems material to me and the mosaic theory says something new is coming.
Several people have talked to reps at dealers and they say nothing new is coming but these current deals are very nice. I may end up buying before it’s over.

Just a heads up fellas, price increasing on some AI stuff is taking effect today. Barrels, chassis, etc. Guns and other items going up after first if the year. For guys on the fence, time is now before we see another $500 jump on SRs.

From the AI picture thread. AT-X price might go up in 2024 if I'm interpreting this correctly?

I was debating buying or waiting for quite a while. Caved and bought a 6mm in dark earth from EO. I am going to my FFL tomorrow to pick it up.

I figured I should take advantage of the deal and purchase something that is known as opposed to waiting and finding out if there is a new version in 2024 and paying $5250 or more assuming a price increase on AI rifles across the board. If there is a new version coming, it would suck if it was something minor like updated screws or small internal geometry revisions to improve CNC machining efficiency.

Side note: I spoke with a guy named Matt (I think that was his name if memory serves me correctly) at MH. He said that he could swap barrels for me. This was a few weeks back when they had dark earth in 6mm, but I wanted the 6.5mm version. I hesitated and both dark earth versions are sold out, so I went with EO. Anyways, I'm sharing this in case anyone wanted to pick up the black at MH but prefers 6.5mm.

From the AI picture thread. AT-X price might go up in 2024 if I'm interpreting this correctly?

I was debating buying or waiting for quite a while. Caved and bought a 6mm in dark earth from EO. I am going to my FFL tomorrow to pick it up.

I figured I should take advantage of the deal and purchase something that is known as opposed to waiting and finding out if there is a new version in 2024 and paying $5250 or more assuming a price increase on AI rifles across the board. If there is a new version coming, it would suck if it was something minor like updated screws or small internal geometry revisions to improve CNC machining efficiency.

Side note: I spoke with a guy named Matt (I think that was his name if memory serves me correctly) at MH. He said that he could swap barrels for me. This was a few weeks back when they had dark earth in 6mm, but I wanted the 6.5mm version. I hesitated and both dark earth versions are sold out, so I went with EO. Anyways, I'm sharing this in case anyone wanted to pick up the black at MH but prefers 6.5mm.
I'm really stuck between that black 6cm at EO or the Elite Sand 6.5cm at Mile High.

Bro there is no new at-x or anything stop speculating nobody in the at-x thread even talks about it. Did you try calling EO or MHS?

It is 2 years old rifle in production, who cares what EO does with their website. Maybe they will not buy them anymore, maybe they will not support the color or that caliber anymore, maybe it is a glitch.

If i was sitting on 100+ rifles i would melt the inventory by the end of fiscal year. Do you pay attention to the economy? Selling a $5000.00 rifle in this climate ain’t easy.

Furthermore importing from Europe are different than calling Sig or Colt and filling up stocks as needed. They receive inventory certain times during the year and it could be a miscalculation on their end forcing discounts etc.

When i bought mine in October i asked EO the question y’all discussing about and i believe i already gave the answer here.

Best of luck….

:goesbacktodryfiringhislatestandgreatestatx:

Reactions: olive drab
My thinking as well. I'll pick up a 6.5 CM barrel down the road if/when it pops up in the PX. Or from a Black Friday 2024 sale given how long it takes for me to decide to buy things.
That’s me man. I’m be agonizing over buying the ATX or building a custom. Coming to the forums isn’t helping with people complaining of dead triggers and mag issues. Lol. No clue on what I’m gonna do.

Quick question for other AT-X owners, with a bit of explanation:

Last evening I took a moment to slightly adjust the trigger on my AT-X and had the lower chassis off the main chassis. After I made my adjustment to the 2nd stage I decided to do my due diligence and just check all the action screws before buttoning everything back up. This is when I noticed the front action screws were both barely finger tight.

I am not sure if they were never torqued properly in the first place, or if they came loose after my last couple of range sessions. Shame on me for not checking every fastener before my first range session.

Now the question, is it permissible to use some low temperature “blue” thread locker on all of the action screws?

The rear screws were plenty tight, but the front two were not. The owners manual doesn’t specify thread locker on any of those screws, but the two front screws are fairly small 2.5mm hex key and I am reluctant to put anything more than the specified nominal 36-40in-lbs of torque to them. I’d like them to potentially be more resistant to loosening, but given the small size of the cap I also don’t want to risk deforming them getting them out should the need arise if I do use some thread locker.

Any advice here aside from checking them periodically (which I will) and moving on with life?

That’s me man. I’m be agonizing over buying the ATX or building a custom. Coming to the forums isn’t helping with people complaining of dead triggers and mag issues. Lol. No clue on what I’m gonna do.
Most of those reports are very old. Plus most a lot of folks don't come on to talk about how good it is, just to complain. Get it, while it is on sale. I have had it for a year now and it works great. I shoot it it in 6.5 and .308 with the simple barrel change in under a couple of minutes.
E5F85F11-B545-4AE6-8655-BA5187D3C01F_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: BurtG and 81sfo