• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes One eye rifle scope

Jason Wells

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Staunton VA
Like many here I am new to long range shooting. I have recently purchased a Remington model 700 5R Milspec rifle in .308 and will be purchasing a scope for it soon. My biggest question is this- I am legally blind in my left eye, I use my right eye to shoot. Having this problem makes it hard to focus when shooting sometimes, especially when really focusing and trying to shoot at long ranges or super-tight groups. I was wondering if anyone out there has a similar problem or knows of someone who does and if so how has it affected their choice of rifle scopes and how they approach long range shooting. I would like the ability to shoot well out to 1000 yards but in reality 90% of my shooting will be from 100-500 yards. I don't mind saving the money and shelling it out for a Nightforce or some of the other higher end scopes but would rather by a less expensive scope and more ammo if my needs/eyes don't warrant the expense. Thanks in advance.

Re: One eye rifle scope

How's the vision in your good eye? I would have to say unless your trying to shoot left handed and aiming with the right eye I don't see what the problem is. To help reduce eye fatigue in some competitions shooters block their non shooting eye. It sounds like you need dial in your parallax, or maybe even the reticle into focus.