• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORIGIN Orders

Whats your order number?

Currently, order numbers are not an indication of when one's action will ship. We assembled all of our orders for right handed magnums yesterday and sent shipment pending email's to those customers. If your order doesn't fit those guidelines, sit tight. We should be rolling in about a week with more orders. After the first of the year, look for Origin's to be readily available for immediate purchase.

Thank you - Bighorn Team

Currently, order numbers are not an indication of when one's action will ship. We assembled all of our orders for right handed magnums yesterday and sent shipment pending email's to those customers. If your order doesn't fit those guidelines, sit tight. We should be rolling in about a week with more orders. After the first of the year, look for Origin's to be readily available for immediate purchase.

Thank you - Bighorn Team

I got my email this morning, ordered 11/2. Totally surprised! Now, who has a 26" Proof 6.5mm 1:8 barrel in stock for chambering?

Thanks for the info.
In a perfect world, I would have ordered the stock specific to the origin. However, i had the R700 stock leftover from a project that never took off.

I can't wait to get it all together.
Steve

I'll check fit today and post some pics.

BHM1.jpeg

Attachments

• BHM2.jpeg
    BHM2.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Bhm3.jpeg
    Bhm3.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 66
That's a fair bit of material to remove to get everything to line up, and I'm kind of happy I went with a chassis for my build.

The pic was just for guys curious about the fit on the Origin in a Manners with a R700 inlet. I had taken it off another action and my Origin was accessible so I just threw it together for photo's so people are aware what they're getting into.

Just got mine in and I’m very impressed. I have changed my mind on what I’m building, need a mag bolt face. Has anyone tried swapping with Zermatt? Will they trade they out a unfired bolthead? If any one has experience with this I’d like to hear about it.

I may be mistaken, but I thought they mentioned somewhere up in this thread that they will swap unfired bolt heads if you cover shipping... They’re very accommodating with customer requests, I’m sure they will chime in here

Just got mine in and I’m very impressed. I have changed my mind on what I’m building, need a mag bolt face. Has anyone tried swapping with Zermatt? Will they trade they out a unfired bolthead? If any one has experience with this I’d like to hear about it.
If you send it back to us with a note in the package stating what you would like done, with something that easy, it will be turned within an hour of us receiving the package.

Thank you - Ray

Anyone know the weight of the Origin?

"QUESTION
What is the weight of your actions?
ANSWER
Short actions weigh in at 28 oz. and long actions at 31 oz."

Above from the FAQ. Don't have my Origin's yet, but I'd assume its close to that.

I received my bolt back from Bighorn after having the cocking piece modified. I tried the bolt with all my triggers (Huber 2 stage, Timney CE 1 stage, and Timney CE 2 stage) and now my Timney CE 2 stage actually functions.

Initially after installing the modified bolt and trigger, the firing pin would drop while closing the bolt sporadically, probably 2 out of the 50 or 60 times I cycled it. With some adjustment to the trigger, I think I was able to properly tune it, but will need to cycle the bolt a couple hundred times without issue before I'm confident it's properly set.

Additionally, I think the modification allowed for my Huber 2 stage to function better as well, the 1st stage pull seems to be more consistent than before.

Big thank you to Bighorn for the customer support and awesome service!

They aren't joking on their turn around time, they shipped my bolt back same day it was received.

Also just so happens my .260 AI PVA bbl showed up last week, I torqued it on to my action last night and hope to be fire forming my first 50 rds this weekend.

Build is now complete.

Last edited:
Got my ship notice today! Ordered on the 19th of October, so less than a month.

I've got a shouldered prefit in 6 Creed on the way and my triggertech diamond arrived Friday.

Can't wait to get this together.

Steve

Reactions: King_beardsly
Wipe bolt down with oil and wipe dry. Grease lugs, and cocking ramp. Been using the breakthrough oil and grease. Seems to work ok.

Little help here. Will the bighorn action wrench sold on their site work with the origin?

Yes it will work with the origin and TL3 and many other actions.

Looks great! Build specs?
This is his "hunting build" lol he said he wanted it heavy..well he got it :LOL: I honestly can't wait to see what thinks after a season of lugging it around. Don't get me wrong i like heavy rifles but not for hunting and learned quickly i needed a lighter rifle after lugging my comp rifle around. Anyhow it's still awesome and thus far all the builds i've seen of David Gray at DST do have shot incredibly well, so i'm ready to start load development for it.

Bighorn Origin chambered in 308 win
Bartlein M24 @ 20" (19" from the lug)
MPA BA chassis
Timney Special which BTW for those wondering does go to 1lb as advertised for the origin. My special would only go to 1.5lb on my TL3 and SR3.
Badger rings i gave him
Gen II PST 5-25x50

Rifle is complete! Hoping to shoot this weekend.
Origin
PVA 24" .223 Wylde barrel
KMW Sentinel Stock
Bedding and stock work by Short Action Customs
Bushnell 4.5-18 LRTSi
Seekins rings

This is my first stock, all of my other rifles have been chassis's. I want to STRONGLY recommend the crew at Short Action Customs. Excellent communication, On time delivery of work and from what I can see and feel TOP notch stock work. Pricing was reasonable/on par with what others list. I chose Short Action Customs because I have seen their rifles first hand and have never read anything negative.
I like how they pot their logo in the bedding on. The opening of the ejection port is clean and the relief cut for the bolt lug looks clean as well. The bottom metal is bedded also, everything has a nice tight fit.

Here are some pictures.

Anyone know which Bore guide?

Attachments

• 20181122_132532.jpg
    20181122_132532.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 86
  • 20181122_131949.jpg
    20181122_131949.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20181122_131958.jpg
    20181122_131958.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20181122_132520.jpg
    20181122_132520.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20181122_132540.jpg
    20181122_132540.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 83
Rifle is complete! Hoping to shoot this weekend.
Origin
PVA 24" .223 Wylde barrel
KMW Sentinel Stock
Bedding and stock work by Short Action Customs
Bushnell 4.5-18 LRTSi
Seekins rings

This is my first stock, all of my other rifles have been chassis's. I want to STRONGLY recommend the crew at Short Action Customs. Excellent communication, On time delivery of work and from what I can see and feel TOP notch stock work. Pricing was reasonable/on par with what others list. I chose Short Action Customs because I have seen their rifles first hand and have never read anything negative.
I like how they pot their logo in the bedding on. The opening of the ejection port is clean and the relief cut for the bolt lug looks clean as well. The bottom metal is bedded also, everything has a nice tight fit.

Here are some pictures.

Anyone know which Bore guide?

You plan on reloading or shooting factory ammo? Would be very curious to see what the Black Hills 5.56 77 TMK loaddoes out of that chamber in a bolt gun.

Last edited: