• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTTO NoizeBarrier earpro same as new Etymotic Elites....

Wonder if they’ll hook a brutha up cause he was stupid enough to loose his😢😢😢😢
Keep stealing my wife’s. Lol!
I am curious to learn more about their new headset...

Should I worry buying a set second hand? I’m trying to locate where the date code stamped is at but I’m not finding it.

anyone know where to have the guy look?

he’s selling them to me for $300, a extra set he had and doesn’t use. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Should I worry buying a set second hand? I’m trying to locate where the date code stamped is at but I’m not finding it.

I wouldn’t worry about buying second hand or a date of manufacture. I don’t believe there have been any changes.
If you don’t buy them let me know!

Reactions: Copper818

I have my original GSP-15 from 2015 and my Elites from a couple of years ago still. Unless they are already broken, you shouldn't have a problem with buying second hand.

I'm not sure that is exactly correct. I had a warranty issue last year and Otto was very kind to take care of it for me. When I received the full replacement, on the bottom of the case was the following model # information: Model No. V4 - 11029. My guess is that last year the then current version of the product was V.4

I just checked mine, and don't see any date reference. For what its worth, I've had mine for a couple years and they still work great. Mine also have the v4 indication and I got them when they were first released.

They arrived. Making sure everything is here with them, and I also need to figure out which comply foam plugs to get.

Attachments

• 923D6994-40D6-4563-AB08-43F9F45D1898.jpeg
    923D6994-40D6-4563-AB08-43F9F45D1898.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: earthquake
I use the small with my AirPod pro, would this be about the same principal? I think I have lopsided canals. One is a small, the other is medium. I got jipped, 6’1 and my ear canals are the size of a kids. 🤣🤣

Reactions: lash
These are the ones I use. The red are mid size, the green are smaller. My 14yo son uses those. Somewhat depends on your ear canal size.
View attachment 7567891

I started using Ottos with these longer models but found they stuck too far out of my ear. As a result they became dislodged more easily either due to active movement (barricade work) or just being heavier and falling out while hanging over my gun for long periods (LR shooting). FYI - I was using the small size and getting a decent seal.

I have switched to the standard length isolation series with much better results. I have the same or better sound reduction because the buds stay in better / longer. They aren’t bumped by beanies on cold days etc.

Reactions: Copper818
Wondering about which size of comply tips to try.

For reference the typical EAR yellow foam earplugs are barely big enough for me and sometimes do not adequately seal. Would you recommend the large?

I would say the red comply tips are a good place to start. I use them and have to squeeze them down pretty tightly to insert into the ear canal. They expand out and seal really well and are comfortable. Worst case is you have to go back and buy the larger size but for the comfort I'd try the medium size first.

Reactions: Zip Detmer
I use aftermarket foam tips in my Etymotics. They made a huge difference in usability. I don’t recall what I got, but they were on Amazon and fairly cheap. They do dry out very fast though. I typically go weeks between uses and need new ones each time. Despite that, they went from being unusable for me to being comfortable and quiet enough for all day use. Better than $300 earplugs sitting in a box on the shelf.