• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTTO NoizeBarrier earpro same as new Etymotic Elites....

Following. I just put a brake on my 300 wm that is my primary hunting rifle. From your experience would these perform well while hunting and provide sufficient protection?

Brings them down to $297.49

15% off everything* (except for the items listed below) until 6pm Pacific time

How to redeem your Coupon:

Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).

Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: POPUPSAVINGS

Pay for your item by 6:00 PM Pacific Time on December 28, 2018.

Terms & Conditions:

This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 11:00 AM PT on December 28, 2018 until 6:00 PM PT on December 28, 2018. No minimum purchase required. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca.

*Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Eligible items also exclude select items in the Coins and Paper Money category: Paper Money World, Paper Money US, Publications and Supplies, Virtual Currency, and Bullion.

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

1546090337804.gif

Me too. I’m going to get some, just waiting on good pricing.

Where's the best place to buy these currently? Many posts I read about this are quite old and used time limited deals and such. Thanks

eBay and Amazon have them for the same price, but if you can catch the eBay coupon it nocks off about $50. I’m also wondering what snarkscarbine is going to be able to sell them for.

Reactions: Danattherock
Just wanted to report. My wife bought me a pair of the otto's before christmas and went out and used them at the range, and absolutely love them. No more bumping my hearing protection into the stock. I will order some comply foam tips to try as well.

10% off eBay with Botach if you buy three or more items. I picked up some tape and out the door at 325

Anyone using these with comms? Do they bluetooth? Can you plug anything into them? Are they waterproof?

Last edited:
Ready to pull the trigger on these. Hoping for an update and an alternative to the ebay store.

For other reasons I went ahead and ordered some from the eBay store. Thus far I’m very impressed! They have an IP67 water resistance. Pictures below

26B3391C-BAAE-4923-B580-BB1B57C3325B.jpeg
DA44CE9C-144C-4ACF-BF2A-5EF882223219.jpeg
1F82B2A2-8C3D-4A7A-AEB1-282DE567660A.jpeg

Last edited:
No worries, I was going to order them through you, but just had some stuff coming and needed to go ahead and get them.

Waiting to see what you can do and I see there is another option: The Grizzly Predator Pro.
Anyone tried them yet?

As I’m sure you read, Comply foam tips (Amazon) really do help fit and noise suppression. Definitely worth the extra little bit.
I’ve had mine coming up on a year now. Battery life is awesome. Still impressed. Even got my wife her own set.

As I’m sure you read, Comply foam tips (Amazon) really do help fit and noise suppression. Definitely worth the extra little bit.
I’ve had mine coming up on a year now. Battery life is awesome. Still impressed. Even got my wife her own set.

I’m planning to get a set of the comfy foam tips as soon as the ones that came with it tear up. I just hadn’t swapped them out when I took that picture.

They work good On walk arounds as well.
I meant to take them with me on this trip today (PWK) but forgot them in my other coat. I needed my heaviest stuff for this trip. When I checked the temp earlier it said it was 12 with a “real feel” of -1 lol! I’m staying inside today! I’m hoping they work well for busy loud ramps! I’m glad to hear you’re using them for that with good results!

I meant to take them with me on this trip today (PWK) but forgot them in my other coat. I needed my heaviest stuff for this trip. When I checked the temp earlier it said it was 12 with a “real feel” of -1 lol! I’m staying inside today! I’m hoping they work well for busy loud ramps! I’m glad to hear you’re using them for that with good results!
As long as the APU or packs aren’t running. There’s no filtering out that high pitch squeal.

Reactions: JBPilot
I've been using these since April for all of my range outings. They work great and are much more comfortable than the over the ear hearing pro. At a private range its usually just me and I use my suppressor, so much more comfortable.

I ordered a pair (from a vendor up here in Canada) a few weeks back and they arrived while I was down in Australia. I'l be taking them to the range today. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with storing them somewhere cold? I normally leave my drag bag (with all my kit in it) and pack in the cab of my truck since I routinely go to the range on the way to and from work. Wondering if there would be any issues to leaving them in a cold (rarely sub 10 degrees) truck overnight?

Which vendor in Canada did you use? I'm in Canada as well and was looking at buying a pair.

Just curious if anyone has done the custom sleeves for these yet? A buddy has the battery version Etymotics (GSP-15) with custom sleeves done by Sensaphonics and he reports they are fantastic. I contacted them and they said they guarantee to fit with the Etymotic but not the Otto's? I read a company called Audina can do custom sleeves for the Etymotic so I have reached out to them also. Hopefully someone has done this and can confirm what works.

Last edited:
An update, I heard back from Audina and they asked me to send pictures of the Otto's without any sleeve and have come back they can do them. They recommend I send the Otto's with the impression molds for the best fit. I am scheduled to get molds done next week locally and will report back once I get the custom sleeves.

I've used mine for 2 range sessions so far and I'm impressed. I'm shooting in a covered building with an un-braked .223 (my trainer barrel). I'll be trying them out this weekend with braked .308 and 6mm. It's nice to just be able to wear a toque (beanie for you guys) in the cold with fucking around with your muffs sliding everywhere.

A quick range report:

Brief version - the Otto's work great. Best hearing protection option I've ever used.

Slightly longer version - I tried to find an Ebay coupon but was unsuccessful, so rather than wait and hope one came along I just paid full price for them. I'm glad I didn't wait. The Otto's are expensive but worth it (at least to me). I also purchased the Comply foam tips and these are much more comfortable than what come in the kit.

I was able to use only the Otto's when shooting my 6.5 Creedmoor suppressed and when I was standing slightly back of the firing line I could comfortably use the Otto's by themselves even when my buddy was firing his unsuppressed .308. The only time I felt like I needed to add the over the ear muffs was when I was on the line right beside him and we were firing at the same time. And when he pulled out his AR15 with a muzzle brake I definitely needed to double up the hearing protection.

But the best part is that I was able to communicate with other shooters at the range. And yet when someone nearby fired a rifle I felt the Otto's provided very adequate ear protection. At no time did I feel I was subjecting my hearing to a loud or dangerous sound level.

Two thumbs up. Wish I had found these years ago.

Update on my Ottos. I shot a match in early February and another today. One of my Otto ear plugs runs out of power and shuts off after 5 hours. The same one has done it twice. I'll call them on Monday to see what they will do. I got them in August, only 7 months old.:(

Update on my Ottos. I shot a match in early February and another today. One of my Otto ear plugs runs out of power and shuts off after 5 hours. The same one has done it twice. I'll call them on Monday to see what they will do. I got them in August, only 7 months old.:(
Weird. That’s the first problem I’ve heard of. Please let us know how customer service hands your problem.

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting the replacement filter (wax traps) for this unit? Is there a link or model # available for the replacement filters?

I've confirmed they are a different size than those I use on my current Phonak hearing aids. I was hoping they'd be interchangeable with them but the ones on the OTTO's appear to be a larger overall size.

My case messed up shortly after receiving mine and they gave me a shipping label and swapped it out no problems!

Reactions: 260284
Does anyone know if these use sound compression like Sordins, or if they’re clipping?

Also, I don’t suppose anyone interrogated Otto or Etymotic at SHOT or CES about an upcoming Bluetooth model?

I called Otto yesterday. The CS person was very nice, but told me I needed to send them to the vendor that I bought them from. I bought them from BoTach's Ebay site so I called BoTach. They told me that I needed to email their BoTach Ebay customer service. I did that and they emailed me back that I needed to contact Otto.

So I called Otto again and explained the runaround I got from BoTach. The Otto customer service agent was very nice and gave me a RGA number. I sent them back to Otto today. I'll update this when the process is complete.

15% off today on the eBay app code PSAVETODAY I added some little things to get 10% off then stacked the 15% coupon for a total of $283.01 shipped.

I called Otto yesterday. The CS person was very nice, but told me I needed to send them to the vendor that I bought them from. I bought them from BoTach's Ebay site so I called BoTach. They told me that I needed to email their BoTach Ebay customer service. I did that and they emailed me back that I needed to contact Otto.

So I called Otto again and explained the runaround I got from BoTach. The Otto customer service agent was very nice and gave me a RGA number. I sent them back to Otto today. I'll update this when the process is complete.

Botach sucks....they are in the hall of shame for many but now you know first hand. Glad it all worked out

15% off today on the eBay app code PSAVETODAY I added some little things to get 10% off then stacked the 15% coupon for a total of $283.01 shipped.

Came here to post this -- Beat me to it!

One thing to add, the 15% off coupon has some exclusions for various categories -- I was having trouble with some of the filler items (eye glass cleaning kit), though managed to get it to work with the Sealing & Repair Tape kit.

And again, the coupon is valid in the app only.

Reactions: Chetly78
For what it's worth I bought a pair of the Walker's Silencer BT buds and have been very impressed. NRR isn't as good as the OTTO though.

Reactions: joffe
For what it's worth I bought a pair of the Walker's Silencer BT buds and have been very impressed. NRR isn't as good as the OTTO though.

How is the BT audio quality?

Do you use them with foam (comply) inserts?

How would you say the muffling characteristics are compared to Sordin/Peltor muffs? By that I mean, do they use similar noise compression, which make communication easier?