• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

overhead drone

Hi,

Well I was going to like your post but that would dictate a smiley face so I had to improvise.

Now..the scenario you outlined does go against certain laws in regards to:

1. Peeping---Drone pretty much has to be hovering at window or skylight or outdoor shower.
2. Being a Nuissance---
3. Buzzing people or animals that are not part of the drone pilots group.

Sincerely,
Theis
I own a drone...I've had people come after me irate as heck (Yes, I carry concealed for self-defense. Lol) for flying hundreds of feet over their house (not 'hovering' just passing by)...I've explained that A. I'm flying on the way to view something. And B. the camera on my drone would have to be 5 ft outside their window to get a decent picture of what was inside. And C. I have no interest in what you do in/on your property...Finally, I inform them I am operating in that portion of the airspace legally and if they were to damage/destroy my property they would be in violation of the law and I would make sure THEY paid the price for violating the law...(There have been the cases where 'irate' individuals have shot down drones in the past and were prosecuted for doing so...People 'fixating' on privacy should go after Facebook, Google and others first...Lol

If I was wanting to take out a drone in city limits I would take a cheap paint ball gun load a plastic wad (something that wouldn't carry energy) down the barrel and then use fishing line or nylon cord with lead weights crimped on to the ends, I'm sure experimentation would yield the desired results. You essentially want to create a confetti popper effect so that the rotors get entangled in the line.

Or just get a F/A paint ball gun and custom make some ice paintballs and...... what evidence??

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
When I was a kid I used to throw rocks at cars and get caught and my dad would beat my ass. One day I got a BB gun and I started shooting tweety birds. The old man caught me and made me field dress a robin (Turdis Migratoris) cook and eat it. I had to look up the genus species too. Robin ain't bad. My point you ask? If I was a kid these days I would be a drone sniping' little bastard. Now kids don't get beatings and I wouldn't have to eat a drone. Not seeing a downside. Instead of carrying around a feather from a pileated woodpecker I would etch a little kill marking on my stock for the Mavic Pro my commie Californian neighbor flies over the house.

A lot may be dependent on exactly how one is flying said drones.
It would be one thing if the drone was following a flight path staying over the public access streets, or being several hundred feet in the air while flying quickly over a house in an urban area.

Buzzing around somebody's yard is going to be looked on by most folks much like someone walking around their yard.
Start hanging around near the roof level and annoying people / animals, you'll find people will start assuming you have ill or criminal intentions and are unlawfully harassing them.

Shooting at flying objects is probably illegal, mostly due to he unpredictability of where and how forcefully they can impact the ground (and things, people, etc. on the ground), with a significant potential to injure innocent bystanders.

Then there's the usual prohibitions forbidding the discharging of firearms within certain municipal limits.

Basically this matter could get rather sticky in a legal sense.

So I'd suggest a less visible method of dealing with it. I'd start by waiting it out a bit. They may find a different location of interest, and maybe even, you may stop giving a shit about it.

Remember, it's simply never going to happen in our word that intrusion will stop being a constant factor.

Greg

Last edited:
The supremes do get to change the constitution...so essentially that is out of thin air,,, fly your drone on my property or come on my property uninvited or without warrant you will be shot so will your drone.. Fucking supremes they have reduced themselves to the equivalent of thin air.

AJ I get it. Just pointing it out. This decision is from 1924. If they want to come on anyones property, this will work in court. If they want to search in the house or curteledge they need a warrant. What they observe on your property from an open field can be used get a warrant. just food for thought around anyones "Open Fields".

The Supreme Court has always been lackeys in some form or another. The open fields doctrine came out of the 20’s. Hell at one point they upheld slavery. Such is power without accountability.

Hell at one point they upheld slavery. Such is power without accountability.

That's always a great one to throw at SJWs/Communists/Liberals when they go on about "But the courts said....."
When they start whining about how we need to obey the courts stacked with their appointees like gods, just reply.... "Dred Scott v. Sandford"

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Hi,

Random Update..........

Public Service Announcement: Since it is almost hummingbird time of the year, be extra cautious when you see them at your window as they very well may be a disguised Black Hornet nano-drone by FLIR.

Also FWIW..The new Version 3 of the Black Hornet can operated in GPS dead zones so disrupting the GPS that gets other drones to automatically fly "home" does not work with the new version 3 Black Hornet.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: cornhusker86
I know it is against the law for anyone to point a laser at an airplane, and I totally agree with that and support that.

This being said, is there anything to the "I heard it from..." that a (or certain) lasers will "zorch" a camera sensor? Or is that just fallacy?

yeah they can, even certain lasers that can knock down planes , missiles and burn up a tank, I seen them, but they dam near need their own small nuke power plant to generate enough power.

Or is that just fallacy?
Nope, an everything you need can be bought off gaybay. A laser with a microwave signal co-phased is money. The cyclotrons from one mfg's microwave will do much more than just cook, properly designed gear with them is stored in lots of places just waiting for the games to begin. Learning radio an thinking out of the box, has rewards.:geek:☠?

I know it is against the law for anyone to point a laser at an airplane, and I totally agree with that and support that.
This being said, is there anything to the "I heard it from..." that a (or certain) lasers will "zorch" a camera sensor? Or is that just fallacy?
yeah they can, even certain lasers that can knock down planes , missiles and burn up a tank, I seen them, but they dam near need their own small nuke power plant to generate enough power.

Hardened military grade devices are a different matter, but most "Consumer grade" stuff that people will be getting up to no good with (or for that matter a lot of off the shelf stuff that LE uses), are not well shielded and not error resistant.

The energy budget needed for a decent laser is a fair bit for actual destruction and then for taking out a camera with a small laser, you do need to get a fairly straight on direct shot at the camera sensor.

For much less energy, a small RF / Microwave generator with a small parabolic dish can put out a big enough pulse of RF energy to make most of the processor control circuits in the drones error out and have to reset, which usually means crash by the time the full boot loop is done and the sensors are up and working again. In addition the radio/GPS reception circuits and transmit circuits are likely to get fried.
You can have the dish disguised and drop the drone a fair ways away from you if you wish.

Hardened military grade devices are a different matter, but most "Consumer grade" stuff that people will be getting up to no good with (or for that matter a lot of off the shelf stuff that LE uses), are not well shielded and not error resistant.

The energy budget needed for a decent laser is a fair bit for actual destruction and then for taking out a camera with a small laser, you do need to get a fairly straight on direct shot at the camera sensor.

For much less energy, a small RF / Microwave generator with a small parabolic dish can put out a big enough pulse of RF energy to make most of the processor control circuits in the drones error out and have to reset, which usually means crash by the time the full boot loop is done and the sensors are up and working again. In addition the radio/GPS reception circuits and transmit circuits are likely to get fried.
You can have the dish disguised and drop the drone a fair ways away from you if you wish.
3 group 31 Deka batterys at 1250 CCA's a pop, will smoke two (2) 4/0 DLO cables paired up, but you damn sure can heat shit up down range for a little bit. The huge blue caps from large UPS (1200Kva)systems will explode just before the cable fry, but it's interesting for a few seconds.:eek: Missed the calculations just a tad, but learned more about EMP fields. Strictly by accident mine you.

You ever heard of the "Open Fields Doctrine"?

The open field doctrine is a term used in criminal law to stand for the concept that anything plainly visible to the eye, even if it’s on private property, is subject to a search since it’s not hidden. Under this doctrine, consent to inspect the location is not required in order for a law enforcement officer to observe and report on things in plain view and include observations made. An open field is not an area protected under the Fourth Amendment, and there is no expectation of a right of privacy for an open field.
A fenced yard is not a open field

A fenced yard is not a open field

I know. If a cop sees something in your yard in plain view It doesn't have to be in a open field. IE drone flying over you fenced back yard.

cur·ti·lage
  1. an area of land attached to a house and forming one enclosure with it.

my wife says maybe someone retaliating over my comment on FB last week for referring to the muslim whore that canceled Judge Jeannie from Fox as a "fucking raghead muslim bitch", that got me banned for the next 30 days :) either way, seems like the vote on here is to shoot it down.

Sooo Facebook drone?

I know. If a cop sees something in your yard in plain view It doesn't have to be in a open field. IE drone flying over you fenced back yard.

cur·ti·lage
  1. an area of land attached to a house and forming one enclosure with it.

View attachment 7048146
Not constitutional. Just because a currupt gov and lawyers do it doesn’t make it right. If it’s low enough to hit with a fishing pole it’s violating your space. Be creative in how you execute. I.e. if you shoot it down it’s kinda obvious if it comes to a court issue, if Your practicing throwing a cast net and happen to snag it, eh.. didn’t the epa a admit to flying predator drones over cow fields a few years back? Didn’t Obama use one to kill that American?

Pay attention to this report,,, if a Yemeni can figure this out in a cave in a shithole just use your imagination.

Hi,

AND that is exactly why you have to be careful when start talking about "jamming" or disrupting a drone signal because most of the recreational drones on the market that primarily function on GPS can be hacked by the actual owner of the drone. They then reset "Home" parameters to input a specific location as "Home" and adjust the descent parameters to basically crash. So that when you disrupt the GPS signal the drone automatically flies to programmed "Home" and crashes; causing the payload to reach its' target.

can a civilian own one of those?

With the right money and paperwork, is there anything that is not civilian legal?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: W54/XM-388