• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater "Parasite" --won "Best Picture" beating "Once Upon a Time..."

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    So I rented it. I had to see what beat Tarantino's masterpiece. It's a good movie but NOT on par with fucking Tarantino man, no way. Worth watching for sure, it's a good movie and the first and only foreign language film to win that category (Korean). Worthy in that respect alone IMO.

Anyway, I imagine it's what it'd be like at German's house (only in English... Or German).

Can't say much about this one, it'd ruin it for you. But poors get a job at German's house and while German's away, the poors will play.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    Parasite was a great film and “Hollywood” wasn’t one of T’s best. It was definitely a good film, but with the exception of the end scene, not his best.

I’d give the win to Parasite

Last edited:
    It was a great year for movies vis a vis the Oscars Best Picture list. Tough call on many. Personally I felt JoJo Rabbit was the winner. I saw all but Little Women.

Parasite was a great film and “Hollywood” wasn’t one of T’s best. It was definitely a good film, but with the exception of the end scene, not his best.

I’d give the win to Parasite
    Really? I mean, I thought it was great too but once was good enough (movies like that you can't really watch more than once after you've seen how it plays out). I've seen "Hollywood" probably a 100 times already. IMO it is his best but I like all of his films. I've heard he's only making ten films in the canon, doesn't want to be remembered like "well, his early stuff was better..." I hope that's bullshit.

I think it lost because the Hollywood types are the voters and Tarantino didn't include enough wokieness propaganda in it for 'em, which shit is just dripping with anymore --actual real propaganda. The hippies turn into crispies and no gratuitous male ass love, gender propaganda or white shaming. But they ALL still wanna be in his movies.

I watched "Deathproof" again yesterday and that one still holds up.

It was a great year for movies vis a vis the Oscars Best Picture list. Tough call on many. Personally I felt JoJo Rabbit was the winner. I saw all but Little Women.
    Haven't seen that one yet.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    The first movie I saw Song Kang-ho in was "The Host', I posted a thread about "good bad weird' and highly recommend it, Parasite was a good if not great movie, these others are definitely worth a watch.

Korean cinema is absolutely outpacing HollyWeird these days.

"Train to Busan" was one of the best of 2016 if you like 'fast zombie" movies, the sequel not so much.

Kang-ho Song...Ki Taek (as Song Kang Ho)

The Drug King
    Lee Doo-sam

The Good the Bad the Weird
    Yoon Tae-goo / The Weird

The Host
    Park Gang-Doo

The first movie I saw Song Kang-ho in was "The Host', I posted a thread about "good bad weird' and highly recommend it, Parasite was a good if not great movie, these others are definitely worth a watch.

Korean cinema is absolutely outpacing HollyWeird these days.

"Train to Busan" was one of the best of 2016 if you like 'fast zombie" movies, the sequel not so much.

Kang-ho Song...Ki Taek (as Song Kang Ho)

The Drug King
    Lee Doo-sam

The Good the Bad the Weird
    Yoon Tae-goo / The Weird

The Host
    Park Gang-Doo
    Where the fuck was hung wai lo and Susie merry ho

• Haha
    Reactions: johnnycat