• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pema-banned by PayPal

Well I'm open to alternatives for online payments, plus I'd like to get my money. Bitcoin is not really a viable option.
Try to find which transaction/s triggered the bot, then you have to figure out some sort of "defense". Usually, these platforms don't wanna hear "I didn't do anything wrong, I want my money and account back" (especially true for Amazon). Try to come up with a story that sounds plausible, shows that you know the ToS, and the reason for the issue is a miscommunication or something small for which you take full responsibility. They may also ask for some documents which can be easily verified.
PayPal is not my expertise, but if you have more details I might be able to help with the PoA.

Yeah, that's the line I'm pursuing, but they won't tell me why, or what transaction triggered the problem. They say doing that would expose the algorithm, making it possible to evade it. I've contacted both buyers and sellers, I can't find anyone else I've had a transaction with that has been banned (I'm assuming that UPS, FedEx and the like are still active clients).

On this kind of 'account limitation', they seem to tie up the CS reps, they have no info to share and no path to reactive the account. Got to a supervisor that wanted me to snail mail the legal department in San Jose to plead my case. Seriously? That's the only option? Sigh. If I get it worked out I'll post a note, in the meantime, 7K is in limbo and I'm a tad annoyed.

• Sad
Reactions: 6.5SH
Yeah, that's the line I'm pursuing, but they won't tell me why, or what transaction triggered the problem. They say doing that would expose the algorithm, making it possible to evade it. I've contacted both buyers and sellers, I can't find anyone else I've had a transaction with that has been banned (I'm assuming that UPS, FedEx and the like are still active clients).

On this kind of 'account limitation', they seem to tie up the CS reps, they have no info to share and no path to reactive the account. Got to a supervisor that wanted me to snail mail the legal department in San Jose to plead my case. Seriously? That's the only option? Sigh. If I get it worked out I'll post a note, in the meantime, 7K is in limbo and I'm a tad annoyed.

This is how they usually work, they won't tell you why the account was suspended. Amazon is the same - Hey we're locking your account, if you want it back tell us why we're doing that, also what you did to resolve the issue and how you're going to prevent it from happening again.
Pretty much you're on your own, check manually the recent transactions for keywords which might have triggered the bots, check if there is something under "open cases". Call them and try to escalate the issue with the next level of support, tell them that you can explain and provide documents showing that each transaction is within their ToS.
Unfortunately, they're saying your account is closed permanently, so maybe the fight is to get your money sooner than 180 days:(.

If they are keeping all money in accounts that they ban, then I guarantee that there is a class action plaintiff's attorney itching to take the case. That's the best way to go after them since the amount at issue usually doesn't justify the cost of pursuing them.

If I were you, I'd first have a lawyer, even one who doesn't want to file a lawsuit, write a letter for you.

Too busy buying $10,000 / day female European “interns” and designer suits and mansion remodels

He could have legitimately earned those banker suits and made money hand over fist had they done what I suggested, it has been an issue for at least 30 years now.

Reactions: deersniper
So, I got a message from PayPal a few days back that my account is suspended permanently, my funds will be held for 180 days before they can be moved. Customer Service, such that it is, cannot tell me why, it's just been deemed a 'high risk' and thus services have been terminated, no recourse is possible. My guess is it's something firearms/night vision related, but no idea as to what specificly popped the flag. Anyone have any insight or experiance with this? I get no response to emails, I've gone to the supervisor level at CS and get nothing.

Happened to me last year. Got ripped off here for a knife. Used PP FF with Amex. I initiated an investigation via Pp. 2 weeks later I was suspended forever. Called and they gave me a bunch of bullshit. But, I sold my bro a Nelli M4 earlier in the year, which he made 3 payments of 650 to me via FF. The last one, he put in comments, "final payment for M4" . They said i sold a M4 carbine. Lol. I was like how do you know it wasn't a keyboard mistake. He meant "me" not "m4" . They didn't buy it. As they had a decade or more of transactions. Lol. Fuck em. I was done anyway.

Now. Here's the kicker. Fast forward 2 months. I get on eBay and my account is permanently suspended. But. I hadn't used it in like i months. I call, and again, some latte soy boy tells me they can't tell me why. Other than they went thru my search history and saw I was looking for knives. Gun parts. Dirt bike parts blahblahblah. I told him to get fucked. So, if you Google it. Both PayPal and eBay are headquartered in same address in Santa Cruz California. Shocker. 1 lead to the other.

Moral of story, welcome to the club buck Sergeant.

Last edited:
Also. You can still access your account. Its just suspended. So go in and change your account numbers. Delete cards. Do what you can. Luckily. I didn't lose any cash at all. I deleted my banking info. And my CC i couldn't delete. But I did change the expiration date and 2 digits.

This thread needs to be copied and made a sticky in every PX subforum as a warning to those who still, after several years of blatant anti-2A trumpeting by PP, that they really will steal your money if you dare use their service for a Constitutionally protected right and yet we have folks who still think PP is okay to use.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL, period, end of conversation.

He could have legitimately earned those banker suits and made money hand over fist had they done what I suggested, it has been an issue for at least 30 years now.
Yup.

But they are like republicans. They just want to steal your money. They don’t care about you. And they always need the bogeyman to keep you scared and will never actually do much to help you.

PayPal is only useful for buying nerdy shit or begging for money on Twitch/YouTube. Don't even bother using it for ammo or other gun related products.

Well. It worked for years. Until that one snafu. Lol. But yeah, they sucked the whole time.

That’s like saying it’s easy to get away with crime until you get caught. Lol

Using PP is playing with fire. Eventually, the will burn you

Reactions: squishee