• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

picking up 540x monday a couple of questions

yotechsr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
beyond
As it says I am going to pick up a 540x monday. Much rather get a 40x and something with a mag but the price is right and this needs a good home! now for a couple of Questions.. This action will not fit a rem sa correct like 40x? Need some Wolf match anyone? going rate? Thanks

Re: picking up 540x monday a couple of questions

The 540X can be a pretty impressive little rifle. The action is built on the smaller 5XX series rimfire receiver and won't come close to fitting a standard Remington short action stock.

It's a slightly smaller action but Manners and probably McMillan could fit it in a stock for you.By the way that will be an impressive little shooter.

Picked it up today. Its a shooter. The original owner said he only put 400 rds through it(35 years) and the guy I bought it from said he only put a few hundred through it.. Kinda skeptical but one thing for sure is they never cleaned it. Ran ten patches down it before it cam clean. Barrel looks great. He said he never had the action off the stock.(seriously) I took it straight to the range ofcourse, and put three different types of 40gr solids through it. Wolf extra match, federal 510 and a rem target. It shot dam impressive for no rear bag off a carpeted block at 100yards. It came with a BSA platinum 8x34 which also needed a serious lens cleaning and may soon be on the neighbor kids rifle. The bolt is kinda odd and kinda tricky to re-install other than that its quite a interesting gun. My ten year old should have a riot with this.

I have a 540xr.That thing is a decent shooting rifle with wolf and SK.I mounted a scope on it.I wasted my time though.I just went back to shooting irons.I thought I would while I could still see through them well.

good luck -

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are they much different than a 541X? I have one coming in a week or so. </div></div>

Basically the same action.