• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Nice pictures guys. I can't wait to get after them again. Trying to wait until fur is prime. Here is a few more pictures.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

R1-9A.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

R1-13A.jpg

I figure I better add a few. I love all of these sweet coyote rigs!!! Sendero, what kind of rig do ya have there for your coyote setup. Not shootin' the 243AI??

Here are some pics from March up in ole' WYO.....

A little Blizzard action...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tweety and <span style="font-weight: bold">Syco Tweety by Verminator calls </span>in Kansas.
Rick makes good calls. http://verminatorpc.com/

FOXPRO for digital. http://test.gofoxpro.com/

RANDY ANDERSON series Primos calls are good. "lil dog" is my favorite or them.
</div></div>

That Psyco tweety is very effective! Every guy should have one.

Re: Pics to get ya fired up Predator season !!

utf-8BMTIwMjA4MTIxNS5qcGc.jpg

While calling for bobcats this cat showed up... made for an exciting day, had to track it thru a rock field.

nice work skinney, must be west river huh?

pretty damn excited about this coming predator season, me an two buddies chipped in on an FX5. Never ran one myself but I've hunted over one with a hunting pard, seems to be pretty effective; hope to up our ante of 16 last year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all these pics are given me a halfer.
DSC00127.jpg
</div></div>

looks like a female ...

you get around $125 for her ?

nice pic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

looks like a female ...

you get around $125 for her ?

nice pic. </div></div>

you know your prices, and your cats... got offered about 140, but decided to tan her and keep it, last yr i averaged 400, too pretty of an animal to get only a little over 100 bucks for.

Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point. </div></div>
There's nothing excessive about killing the coyotes. They will kill deer fawns, calfs, and anything else they can get. I kill all I can, which isn't a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point. </div></div>

I think that until you run livestock, or try to manage your deer herd, You have no idea how damaging a pack of starving coyotes can be. When two or three full grown cattle go down due to coyotes, that is a major hit for farmers who can only afford to run 20 head.

I'll kill a coyote when I am in my deer blind. Even if it means ruining the chance to see a deer.

And I am not shy about taking pics of the dead ones either. The farmers love to see the fruits of your labor.

Keep the pics coming!!

Thats what I thought, I just figured I'd play devil's advocate for a moment. I honestly had no idea that yokes were as destructive as wolfs. I kinda figured but wanted clarification. Thanks, Oh and bring on the pix

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">orkan, what can you runnin on your AR? </div></div>

Thats a tac-16 in that pic... but I have several.
smile.gif

Someone should write a little tutorial for predator hunting like William Roscoe did in the gunsmithing section for glass bedding.

1) Sit someplace where there is coyotes around.
2) Make noises like a dying bunny.
3) Shoot the coyote when it shows up.

Tutorial finished.
smile.gif

Thats about how simple it is... and you would be amazed at how hard something so simple is.
smile.gif

Check out predatormasters.com for more info than you'll be able to digest in 10yrs time as it pertains to predator calling. Grab you some Byron South videos or Randy Anderson... and you'll learn a lot.

Orkan, those are some fine kills you have there. Your lesson sounded good also. But out on the East part of the woods,it is alittle more time between kills. It's hard to get a stuffed yote to come to a distressed call. It mostly shows just to checkout the noise being made. Aveage 1 kill to about 10 or 15 stands due to fat dogs and plenty of cover. The black ones we have here make up for the lack of open ranges and starving yotes. The weather is starting to cool a bit and that always helps to motivate the yotes to do their part in the game here in Ga. Good luck and shooting guys.

Thanks. Actually, my ratio is about 1 kill to 20-30 stands. I simply go out a LOT! I put my time in, and every time I dust one of those buggers it feels good.
smile.gif
Not too many folks calling around here, so if there is a dog in earshot, they usually show up.

Coyotes ARE nuisance animals and are not indigenous to the State of Georgia. Here they are "shoot on sight".
Can't kill enough of them. They really have a negative impact not just on livestock but on all other game and wildlife.

Nope thats a ringtailed cat. Coati are more red/brorn and have long snouts. They are in the Racoon family too. Ringtails are not true cats either.

come live in our world for a bit. you'll see the killing machine that a coyote is.
crazy.gif

I'm in NJ and I thought the same thing as Blaster....WOW !!!! That is a lot of dead yotes......I had no idea they are er...were a problem. From, what I understand wild pig are starting to become a serious problem in pa and southern jersey. Not too mention wild turkeys......damn things are everywhere. But pigs and turkey taste yummy. MMMMMMM....

i had no idea ringtails would attack you... ive always wanted to see one i know there at my ranch but have yet to come across one

jephs- where in tx are you shooting all those predators? id like to get in on that lol

master-blaster- yes, coyotes are extremely damaging to livestock. they will kill kid goats fresh out of the nanny or kill the nanny while shes giving birth. we used to find goats with their throats chewed up strewn around the pasture after a bad night. the yotes will kill a nanny and move on to the next one. i guess it wouldn't be quite as bad if they killed one and actually ate it. i think this mostly happens when the young pups are first learning to hunt and just kill anything they can catch. weve stopped most of the problems by keeping sheep dogs with the goats but predator hunting can be extremely challenging so its fun.

somewhere sometime i read this quote: a feather fell from the sky; the hawk saw it, the deer heard it and the bear smelled it, but the coyote did all three. its sort of self explanatory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no pics to add yet. are you a member at predatormasters or npha forums? </div></div>

yes sir I am.
smile.gif

Ok fellas, I have a question for a few of you. I am a predator hunter myself. Very new to the game, have just began. I have a question about some of your pics though. I see many of you shooting with cans on your AR's. IS that allowed in other states when hunting? I know in TX it is illegal? Not accusing anyone here, just curious. I know nothing of your local lawa. And I am glad to see that some of you have had such success. Coyote and coons are my main goal this year. Got some ranchers who I am coyote hunting for, and a local fur buyer is paying $18 for coon this year.
B

Cans are good to go in SD... NE, CO, and non-game animals in MO.

Wyoming it is illegal to have or posses in the field. So basically, that surpressor better only go to and from the shooting range.

The State Game Warden even said in the field tactical shoots would be borderline against the law. Need to inform local warden of event and area the shoot would be held for proper clearance to use.... And could still be denied !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Im a deer hunter, don't know too much about predator hunting. Let me prefice by saying I have no problem with wolf hunting b/c of the problems and danger they bring. I can see one or two yokes, but good grief, looks like some of you are killing an entire pack. Are these nuicance and destroying livestock or something? Are they posing the same risks as wolves? How about the cats? I mean your not eating em right? Are they killed for the pelts for some reason? Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but it kinda comes across excessive at some point. </div></div>

Coyotes ARE nuisance animals and are not indigenous to the State of Georgia. Here they are "shoot on sight".
Can't kill enough of them. They really have a negative impact not just on livestock but on all other game and wildlife. </div></div>

So much so in some places that we were told by our Elk guide in N NM that while going up to the high country to stalk some elk, that if we saw a coyote or wolf esp, a yote that we were to stop and shoot them even off a public road.

GREAT photos guys!
Here's a couple from this calendar year...
Idaho09030.jpg

Idaho09033.jpg

Idaho09004.jpg

44lber023.jpg

CircleChevron.jpg

Globe2009001.jpg

Globe2009012.jpg

45lber009.jpg

44lber005.jpg

45lber003.jpg

Caught this fella out where he shouldn't be.
rifles007.jpg

First called coyote.
HUNT010.jpg

First Black Bear ..taken in Alaska
alaska09142.jpg

My buddies Black Bear from the same trip.
alaska09171.jpg

Here's a good size predator
shocked.gif

Alaska09128.jpg

Finally, it's my turn!
Took this one right at 250 yards, my longest Coyote harvest to date.

Picture361.jpg

I'm one happy dude!
Picture364.jpg

heres a few from last year.
I havent ever seen one as red as this one was, i ended up tanning it out and its hangin on the wall now.
IMG_1762.jpg

yote.jpg

n1027440012_30035582_9913.jpg

'Yote and Pig, called with inexpensive electronic call, late afternoon this past May... Hunted from a ground box stand

5-29-09-002023.jpg

Saving up for a Fox Pro...

You guys are killing me, I've been deployed since just before last season, so I only have pictures from the year before. Should be stateside in a few weeks and I've got to make up for lost time! Called a few bobcats in, but I am hoping to take a shot at some cougars this year, and now that Idaho has wolf tags I may finally get to go on my dream hunt. Thanks for sharing guys

Unfortunately not my Foxpro
IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_4404_2.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

A good couple days.
IMG_1352.jpg

Custom paint job I did for my hunting buddies rifle.
PPTPictures2123.jpg

Here is a pretty good sized female bobcat that I shot last year while deer hunting:

Bobcat11-27-07.jpg

Was shoot at 284 yards sitting in a tree...

Brandon

bobcatq.jpg

Critter I killed about a year and a half ago, the pic was takin about 45 minutes before class that day. Now that is a good feelin, going to class knowin you were the only one in there with a hearty breakfast and successful hunt under your belt that mornin. Kilt em with a Winchester mod. 70 super shadow in 223 wssm 55gr. ballistic tip @ 175 yards.