• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

Re: Pics to get ya fired up on Predator season !!

From last winter:

cimg1383swd2.jpg

cimg1384swv9.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From last winter:

cimg1383swd2.jpg

cimg1384swv9.jpg
</div></div>

You in Montana ? Lodge Grass / Hardin area .... ?
cool.gif

Couple of yotes I had to dispose of from my house last week. Apparently they thought I had left for work already:)

Body shot on #1...
ab02md.jpg

Headshot on #2...
2u8kq2p.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they hunt in pairs?</div></div>

As far as I know, no, not normally. they are pretty much solitary. What usually happens when you see two hunting is a female is teaching her young to hunt, kill or whatever she thinks it needs to touch up on before she boots it. That pic sure looks like two adults.

There's a story of two mountain lions whacked an entire herd of 90 sheep one night on Monitor pass (Hwy 89, CA to NV). Anyhow, she figured it must've been good teaching because they only ate on a couple. But they killed all 90. Other than that I don't know. Maybe she's in heat and he's hanging around hoping to get lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From last winter:

cimg1383swd2.jpg

cimg1384swv9.jpg
</div></div>

Nice touch John...catching the little snow angel just under the rifle. Now we know what happens out there when the coyotes ain't comin' in.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they hunt in pairs? </div></div>

like was said, not usually. First time I have seen this mdesign. Not saying it doesn't happen, but all the lions I've hunted or called in have always been singles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From last winter:

cimg1383swd2.jpg

cimg1384swv9.jpg
</div></div>

You in Montana ? Lodge Grass / Hardin area .... ?
cool.gif
</div></div>

Yes, this was on a friend's ranch just NW of Hardin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cbosshog79...

what sounds do the cats like in your country ? (FOXPRO sounds) </div></div>

Believe it or not, the vast majority of the cats I have killed have come in to a fawn distress... Out of 13 taken in 2007 and I think 11 or 12 of them were with that sound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucky bird works great and Lightning Jack as well for cats up here...

love Tweety hand call too.</div></div>

You using the Psycho Tweety as well Sendero?

I don't call much anymore, mostly spot and stalk so #'s aren't as high as in the old days but here's a few--
Here's my claim to fame--
906-ydcoyote.jpg

and he's now right here--right behind me
IMG_0700.jpg

Here's mange dog at 775, while hunting with mom, believe it or not. Think it's hard to shoot them at long-range? Oughtta' try it sometime while trying to communicate the dog's location to your mother while she's looking elsewhere thru the binocs, run turret clicks and get the dog to stop all at the same time--270 WSM 140 Nosler BT--
img001.jpg

and a 435 yarder (6.5 WSM XP-100)--
066_66.jpg

view thru the optic with dog laying at the 1.5 mil mark (435 yds. with this load)--
065_65.jpg

1 more at ~350, as i remember--
063_63.jpg

another mange dog that was killing the rancher's cats and wabbits (6mm AI). Love hunting in a damage-control capacity, very rewarding, IMO--
051_51.jpg

...and his partner i got about a week later, both dogs were shot within 1000 yds. of the rancher's house (17 Fireball 300 yds.)--
031_31.jpg

Here's a buddy with his highly coveted Savage Striker that shoot's .5 MOA with just about anything he feeds it (22-250 60 JLK Low Drag)--
008_8.jpg

Hey Sendero-- all taken within 50 miles of Pueblo, CO. U can see Pikes Peak in a couple of the photos in the background.

Rock 1-8 twist Rem sendero Contour 22" 75gr Amax 22-250

498 yards

Picture131.jpg

I'd greatly appreciate it if more of you guys would include info on your rifles, ammo, distance of shots, etc., along with your photos. This is an excellent thread and I'd really like to know what you're using to slay these critters. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd greatly appreciate it if more of you guys would include info on your rifles, ammo, distance of shots, etc., along with your photos. This is an excellent thread and I'd really like to know what you're using to slay these critters. Thank you. </div></div>

rifles...

6x47L with 105 amax
220 swift 55 vmax
12 gauge 3 1/2 #4 buckshot
243 WSSM 87 vmax

shots....

10 yards to ???

calls....

FOXPRO
grin.gif

custom hand calls

Were bad dogs, now good dogs.

Picture726.jpg

Here kitty kitty...

Picture728.jpg

A good dog and a recently was bad dog

Picture1206.jpg

Had a cat hangin' around the feeder at deer camp... scaring off all the older, larger more 'concerned' bucks...

A gut pile as bait and an AR in 6.8 SPC took care of that bad boy Saturday...

Thanks, Rancid Coolaid for the bark with a bite! ; )

Stretch.jpg

Nice cat!

I have one too, they look real nice stuffed on the wall.

Glad you like the 6.8.

She's a shooter, killed everything so far.

480 yards, 300 grain SMK, SSG 338 Lapua Improved

AZone09003.jpg

AZone09004.jpg

The yotebuster in the foreground
AZone09001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ridge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Olympus

47 yards

Picture144.jpg
</div></div>

point and shoot or SLR ?

great pics man !!
grin.gif

My Wife and her Vet did a Spay on this Cat. I was called in to be the Shooter if this cat happened come out of Anesthesia during the operation. I guess their a little pissed if they come out to soon.
007-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

A three legged Coyote my Wife shot.
003.jpg

I was going to let this Badger go. I had seen him coming from 200 yards out. I would catch glimpses of him sneaking through the sage behind me. When I finally had to shoot him he was doing a low crawl on my Caller and as I said. I was going to let him go but then I got worried he might tear my Caller up so I shot him, he was only about three feet from my Caller when I shot. At the shot my caller quit and I thought oh Shit I just shot my caller also. But come to find out the batteries died at the same moment of the shot.
007.jpg