• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pink camo stocks

AHall

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
Western Slope, CO
I haven't come across a lot of info on this, which is surprising because it seems like we all enjoy shooting with our women. I want to get my wife a .243 hunting rifle. She enjoys shooting as much as any of us, but has a bad case of loving all things pink. She fell in love with her mother's pink wood stock 10/22. She really took a liking to the savage axis in muddy girl camo. I'll admit it was a pretty neat little rifle. I told her no for a couple reasons. One, I've been meaning to surprise her with a pink rifle and two, it's a Sav axis. Had it been a Sav model 10 I would have been all over it. I'm pretty open on model. Leaning towards vanguard/howa or tikka because I already have a safe full of savage and want something a little different.

I found a few places hydro dipping in the "muddy girl" color. Maybe buy a wood stock or synthetic then have it dipped? Suggestions appreciated.

I believe most of the stock/firearm painters here have done some for on pink camo or design on rifles. I know McMillan has done molded in pink and other colors for their stocks.

You could always take the factory stock and send it off for a quick paint job, would help reduce the costs.

I was kind of leaning towards picking something up and sending the stock off for a hydrodip. A quick google search shows multiple sites available. Any particular you guys recommend? How does the coating hold up to use with peeling or scratching? Best to start with synthetic or laminate stock?

I've probably got $11 in this in prep materials and Duracoat. I did it for my sister. I already had the airbrush so that helped out. Firearms really aren't hard to paint. It's when you get into the crazy graphics is when it becomes more difficult.

C7FEB041-0939-4C57-8B56-C05CF8F74BA7-1247-000003181047F6D5_zps8b3e90f4.jpg

Last edited:
I called northwest hydroprint. Seems like a really good option. $90 for a stock with 3-4 week turn around. Anyone used them?

Check out Howa's 1500 in Muddy Girl camo, local shop has them and their sweet looking. If I didn't have custom rifle ADD I'd buy one for my daughter.