• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Places in Central NC to shot tactical shotguns?

Elkhound

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
North Carolina
Can anyone recommend a place in the Raleigh, or Central NC, area where I can shoot my 870 police and my Saiga 12? I don't think the neighbors in the subdivision would appreciate it if I set up a range in the cul-de-sac.

Elkhound

Re: Places in Central NC to shot tactical shotguns?

At the Wake firearm education center you can shoot shotgun at their indoor ranges, but only slugs are allowed.

Hope this helps.

Look up Drake Landing, its outside of Angier and is around 2000 acres. Besides the sporting clays and other shotgun related sports. They recently started doing IPDA matches as well.

Cut

elkhound,

You can find their links on the net:

Durham Rifle and Pistol Club: Actually located in Alamance Co. up 300 yd rifle range, pistol ranges, et al. Your tactical shotgun can be shot in the combat pistol pit. Members only, no waiting list. Must buy stock in the club.

Durham Wildlife Club: In RTP: Mostly trap skeet and sporting clays; they do have a pistol range. Members only. But you can shoot as a guest on weekends. No waiting list

SSI Inc. Just south of Louisburg. Rifle and pistol. Can shoot your tact. shotgun. Members only, long waiting list, Membership info can be obtained via Youngs Guns in Apex.

Sir Walter Gun Club: Near Creedmore; Rifle and pistol; members only, waiting list; very pricey memberships.

Old Hickory Gun Club: Rocky Mount. Mostly shotgun, but they do have a pistol/rifle range out to 200 yds. Members only, no waiting list, fairly cheap.

I used to at one time belonged to all the first three and Hickory GC. Moved and now shoot @ Paradise Shooting Preserve near Greenville. $15. a day to shoot. memberships available but not necessary Rifle/pistol/shotgun out to 150 yds.

Those should keep you busy.

Bob

Thanks guys, that give me a starting point. I am so ready to go shooting.

+1 Thanks for the links, I'm going to have to give some of these places a visit too, looks fun!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">elkhound,

You can find their links on the net:

Durham Rifle and Pistol Club: Actually located in Alamance Co. up 300 yd rifle range, pistol ranges, et al. Your tactical shotgun can be shot in the combat pistol pit. Members only, no waiting list. Must buy stock in the club.

Durham Wildlife Club: In RTP: Mostly trap skeet and sporting clays; they do have a pistol range. Members only. But you can shoot as a guest on weekends. No waiting list

SSI Inc. Just south of Louisburg. Rifle and pistol. Can shoot your tact. shotgun. Members only, long waiting list, Membership info can be obtained via Youngs Guns in Apex.

Sir Walter Gun Club: Near Creedmore; Rifle and pistol; members only, waiting list; very pricey memberships.

Old Hickory Gun Club: Rocky Mount. Mostly shotgun, but they do have a pistol/rifle range out to 200 yds. Members only, no waiting list, fairly cheap.

I used to at one time belonged to all the first three and Hickory GC. Moved and now shoot @ Paradise Shooting Preserve near Greenville. $15. a day to shoot. memberships available but not necessary Rifle/pistol/shotgun out to 150 yds.

Those should keep you busy.

Bob

</div></div>