• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Please school me on over the counter cow elk tags

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
In New Mexico, Colorado. Firearms only!

A huge family commitment has ended, so I am finally free to do some hunting....Is it too late to get a cow elk tag over the counter? I (as of now) am looking just for a meat hunt.

Any tips, suggestions, referrals, ect, would be <span style="font-style: italic">greatly</span> appreciated!

Thank you,

Jordan

Re: Please school me on over the counter cow elk tags

Jordan,

Over the counter cow tags here in Colorado are usually leftover from the draw.They are sold on a first come type basis.So there is a cap on the ammount that are sold.Also they are unit specific! Meaning if you buy one it isn't valid in any unit in the state.

When are you thinking about going? There are a total of 4 elk seasons here not counting special hunts/seasons etc.I can give you some info as far as units that might be a decent place to start if your interested.