• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Predictions on COVID-19 looting and riots?

All those people buying a 10yr stock of shit paper will starve to death before they even use 9yrs and 9months worth of it.

Rebecca and I are getting ready to go to Publix for groceries.
Should we bother taking these coupons with us?
?

20200315_100546.jpg

20200315_100537.jpg

20200315_100257.jpg

I didn't see any coupons for Chardonnay though...

If the shelves are restocked soon enough - it will have been a little bump in the road. If shelves remain empty and the supply chain for food and paper products fails, it will turn into a shit show. Less prepared people will feel justified in stealing from those “rich pricks” that could afford to stock up ahead of time. Those people who stocked up to provide for their own families will not appreciate people attempting to steal food - literally out of their families mouth. That’s when the shooting starts.

Our own government fully knows how desperate people act. They will do all they can to keep the supply lines running. The methods they use to accomplish this will be subject to debate, close scrutiny, and many millions of armchair quarterbacks who all know best. Just ask them.

Reactions: OldSalty
Let's play this out.

Let's assume that the virus spreads like wildfire in the next several weeks and there are now millions infected.

These numbers would include everyone in the food/supplies supply channels from manufacturer, to wholesalers, to distributors, to transport guys: trains, trucks, etc.

Then I could see the supply chain disrupted.

For now I think we are just witnessing people going out of their minds, panicked by the 24/7 news cycle, staying glued to their social media and various online media outlets who are doing nothing but whipping up a frenzy by repeating everything 300 times a day.

My hope and my guess is that things will level out in the next four weeks, we will have many more infected, many more hospitalized, but the more people and corporations and states order people home for a few weeks, the health care system will not be overwhelmed.

I also hope and think we will see some-anti-virals being fast tracked to treat this strain of Corona virus.

We shall see.

Regardless, it is a good lesson for people NOT to assume they wil be able to buy anything they want, anytime they want it.

I'm keeping my truck full with fuel and have spare fuel at home, again, just in case.

Amazon is a great way to bring in staples and supplies. Let somebody else bring it to you.

I still have NO idea what the deal is with toilet paper.
because every post apocalytic story being written for the last 10 years, the lone surviving hero of the book is always looking for TP and has an orgasm everytime he finds a stash. He will literally turn down pussy for a roll of soft charmin

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
@sirhrmechanic

More protein.... just have a good supply of BBQ sauce and spices on hand.

You are a smart man and wrong on this. Use wood chipper and feed hogs.
Then feast on ham, pork chops, and bacon.

Much better tasting that people I imagine.

People are like critters. Their taste is based on what they eat. City people who eat fast food will taste bad, not like some grilled meat with A hint of McDonalds french fries.

Somehow I think pigs are immune to this. Farm hogs kept for food can just run with the cows and eat old food scraps, cow crap (for what wasnt digested by the cow) and taste just wonderful.
Pigs couldnt get into the cow trough to eat, so thats all they got. I have eaten them and have no complaints.

Just a thought.... ?

Meanwhile my wife is setting with her smartphone watching all the panic videos about all this. I told her to turn it off. She is not. Now what? :)

Reading some of the posts in this thread has intensified my hatred of Sean Hannity.

Humans love drama....

Regardless of the blood, guts, carnage, suffering, or how terrible or horrific the image will be - people will sit for hours to wait for a good train wreck.