• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Price Check in the Gas and Diesel Aisle...

Look at the bright side. No more of those terrible, mean tweets.

Last edited:
Home heating oil was $5.50 at 8am today. By 4pm it was $6. On road diesel is the same price. NY Harbor spot price is $4.22. Someone is making a fortune

• Sad
Reactions: KZP
I drove passed the gas station I use, and 87 octane is $4.25.9. I was in such shock, since last week I believe that same gallon of gas was $3.99.9. A 26 cent increase in less than 5 days.

What's the prices everyone else is seeing? BTW, this is in Maryland. And no this had nothing to do with a tax exemption, gas was $3.69.9 during that time frame.

4.59 arizona

6.47 california

Fuck biden

You working at dow or Chevron?
Chevron at the moment. Used to work mostly in dow but I got sent out to chevron about three years ago. Been stuck there ever since. It's closer to home though so I'll take it. When I got sent to chevron three years ago it saved me about $400 a month in fuel, now that's more like $800 a month.

Truck sits parked mostly now and I drive a little hyundai back and forth to work. 15 miles round trip, tank of gas lasts about a month. I've debated riding a bike lol.

Chevron at the moment. Used to work mostly in dow but I got sent out to chevron about three years ago. Been stuck there ever since. It's closer to home though so I'll take it. When I got sent to chevron three years ago it saved me about $400 a month in fuel, now that's more like $800 a month.

Truck sits parked mostly now and I drive a little hyundai back and forth to work. 15 miles round trip, tank of gas lasts about a month. I've debated riding a bike lol.

That's where I'm working too but I prolly got about a month left of work. I hear you on the fuel savings. I'm probably 18 minutes from work where before I've been 45 ish minutes. It used to not matter as much when gas was cheap but now, different story.

Diesel was 4.89 Thursday AM, had been slowly going down and settled there for a couple weeks. Thursday afternoon it was suddenly 5.09, then 5.19 yesterday and 5.44 on the way in this AM. Up 0.55 in less than 48 hrs. Other stations around are showing similar. Something caused a big jump nearly overnight.

Wednesday morning when I went past the diesel station, price was $5.19. I kid you not when I went by it at 4:30, it was $5.39. .20 cents in 8 hours. Yesterday, I stopped at another station which I had seen the day before at $5.25. So I wasn't paying attention but when I was sticking the nozzle in the filler tube I noticed the price was $5.99. $5.99!

I get 41 mpg combined (46 hwy) but at that price that diesel may stay parked.

Most all the farmers I run with here bought every monster tank on the farm full several months ago expecting this sheet. Good move considering it felt high then but is stupid high now.

Just paid $3.499. The Kroger near my house is $3.729. :rolleyes:

I read oil prices have fallen due to lack of demand in China due to kung-flu restrictions.

So since my last post (and fill-up) above, it's gone up $0.21 at the Costco I buy from.

Was reading about supply:demand issues. Going to be a fun summer.

Diesel took a 40 cent jump in a week here in brazoria TX. We're about an hour south of Houston.

Bought fuel a week ago at $4.88, this week it's $5.28

Regular is now $3.88, up from about $3.67 if memory serves correct.

Reactions: BCP
Gas in N Idaho just jumped $.30 cents and pushed past the $4.00 barrier. It is now $4.25.
FJB

87 octane has actually gone down. It's now sitting at $4.39.9 from $4.55.9, while diesel is steady at $5.99.9.

I've traveled from E TN where gas was $3.90/gal or so for 87 when I left 5/1/22, and now in SE Oregon its $5.10/gal or higher depending on the station. The larger cities had lower prices by $.10-20 while out in the very rural areas of every state I traveled thru prices were in the $4.50/gal range or higher. Diesel was usually about $1/gal higher everywhere I stopped. I've driven over 3k miles so far, haven't total up the gas bill yet, and probably won't so my BP will not blow a gasket. Meals and motels costs are up as well from my last cross country trip in 2018.

My concern is what happens when the oil companies just turn off the spigot and stop producing gas and diesel for just a week.

Talk about panic!

My concern is what happens when the oil companies just turn off the spigot and stop producing gas and diesel for just a week.

Talk about panic!
That's exactly what will happen if they pass that bill. My guess is they won't pass it.

I'm pretty angry just paid 5.69 for diesel. I'm just outside Orlando, FL. When I bought this car diesel was less than gas and my mileage has been 40 mpg/hwy.

For 87:
Washington/Virginia is $4.19 and up.
Texas is $3.89 and up, haven't found it much cheaper than that

Diesel $5.55 / gal here in Va. Total bullshit! Fuckin oil execs just made the cancer list.

Diesel $5.55 / gal here in Va. Total bullshit! Fuckin oil execs just made the cancer list.
Biden said it is Putin’s fault, lol.

Buttjizz said if you can’t afford gas, then just buy an electric car.

Nobody knows what Kamala said because nobody knows what the fuck she does.

Last edited:
Biden said it is Purim’s fault, lol.

Buttjizz said if you can’t afford gas, then just buy an electric car.

Nobody knows what Kamala said because nobody knows what the fuck she does.
She Blows

My car is forced induction and only does premium, I’m around $5gal, and that’s got corn in it too :(

Always confused me how less worked on diesel costs more than gas

I have a question: how is the oil executives fault? If the futures market is pushing it up (which is composed of investors and speculators), and taxes are in the mix along with each store determining what they will sell for - sometimes $0.10 different across the street- how are the execs to blame for pulling it out of the ground and selling it at the market price?

Last edited:
Who's fault is it ? Easy its our fault for allowing grandpa steer the ship , a old man who shits his pants because he thinks he's sitting on a toilet when he's actually walking around. A man who enjoyed children playing with his leg hair as he stiffs their hair. A man who stole every dollar he ever made as apposed to someone who made money running a business. We can't blame the old man and make fun of him , we elected him president when he should of been put in an assisted living care facility. The problem is that you have to much money and the only way to reduce your net worth without creating a riot is to use inflation as the vehicle which no one has control over it so they say. The best is yet to come when they install Queen Hillary as the ruler in 2024.

when corporations get to the point they pay politicians, is there really a difference between blaming the CEO/COO or the US POTUS/VP?

Same shit, same toilet

Reactions: candyx